XBOX Live requires parent account to login before child account can access it.

Discus and support XBOX Live requires parent account to login before child account can access it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When my son logs onto his XBOX with his account, XBOX Live Gold doesn't work for him. When he tries to do anything that requires the service, he gets... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarkSlimp1, Sep 1, 2020.

1. MarkSlimp1
    MarkSlimp1 Guest

When my son logs onto his XBOX with his account, XBOX Live Gold doesn't work for him. When he tries to do anything that requires the service, he gets the screen that says "Choose the plan that's right for you" with options for XBOX Live Gold and XBOX Game
    Pass ultimate. When he picks XBOX Live Gold and chooses "Join Now" he is denied with a message: "You need a parent to buy this". I have already bought it... months ago.

To make it work, I then need to login to my account, and then he switches back to his account. After we do that, it works.

Why does XBOX Live Gold not work with my son's account unless I, the parent on the family account, login? It is a major inconvenience because every time he wants to play XBOX I need to break away from whatever I am doing and login. Ugh.

Thanks for the help!

:)

MarkSlimp1, Sep 1, 2020
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

It sounds like the Xbox Live Gold subscription is on your account and not your sons. Hopefully, you are using an Xbox One rather than an Xbox 360. You need to sign in on the Xbox One with the account that has the subscription and make that Xbox the Home
    console. Once you do that, any account that uses that console can access most Gold subscription features without your account needing to be signed in.

Xbox Live subscriptions are attached to the account rather than the console unless you make that console the Home console.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox
  3. DaveyL Win User

i still cant download xbox games of the marketplace even after mum changed the settings..

Is there any parental restrictions on your console ?

If you did not create a Live account that is not over 18 years old, it is unfortunately impossible to COMPLETELY remove the parental controls on the Xbox, however, it is possible to almost completely turn them off. If you have access to the 'parent' account
    of the child's account on the Xbox 360 and you have your own Xbox Live Gamertag, you can login using your Windows Live account on Xbox.com and change parental control settings.

If the "Child" account has reached the age of 18, then you need to sign into the "Parent" account and follow these steps to convert the account to an "Adult" account:

Go to My Xbox, and open your profile.

Select Manage Account.

Select Promote Child Account.

Follow the required steps.

If the "Child" account is NOT atleast 18 years old then this is how to modify the Parental Control settings (Note: You can NOT completely disable Parental Controls, games that have ratings above the neccesary age can NOT be downloaded on the "Child"account):

Sign in using the "Child" account's Live email address and password.

Click on the gamertag in the upper right hand corner of the site.

Click the Manage Profile button.

Under the Gamer Profile heading, choose "Family Settings".

It will now ask to sign in as the "Parent" account.

After signing in, you can change the Parental Control limitations.

When done, click the save button at the bottom of the page.
  4. Club-1B2D708E-E229-4 Win User

Error 83118853 where is yesterdays acknowledgement of the problem

Problem:

You see the following error and message when you try to sign in to Xbox Live using a child account:

Before you can sign in here, you'll need to sign in at Xbox.com.

An adult will also need to sign in so they can give permission.

Code: 83118853

This means that the parent account must provide permission for each associated child account (under age 13) before the child can access Xbox Live

Solution:

To resolve this issue, have the child account sign in to Xbox.com. Then, when prompted, the parent account associated with the child account should sign in to Xbox.com and give permission for the child account to sign in to Xbox Live.

If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
  5. Flinstone956 Win User

Error 83118853 re-authorisation impossible as site returns an error

Error 83118853 occurs when you try to sign in to Xbox Live using a child account

You see the following error and message when you try to sign in to Xbox Live using a child account:

Before you can sign in here, you'll need to sign in at Xbox.com.

An adult will also need to sign in so they can give permission.

Code: 83118853

This means that the parent account must provide permission for each associated child account (under age 13) before the child can access Xbox Live.

Starting today some U.S. child accounts (under 13) will no longer be able to log into their Xbox 360 (in some instances Xbox Music on Windows 8 or 8.1) until a parent verifies the child account on Xbox.com. All new child accounts will be required to verify
    that an adult is giving permission to a child to create a new Xbox Live account.

As part of our continued effort to provide the best possible experience for our customers around the world, Microsoft issued a global update. In connection with this update and the recent launch of Xbox One, Microsoft reviewed Xbox Live’s processes for online
    account creation and use (including existing accounts) by children (under 13) to ensure ongoing compliance with the recently amended Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). COPPA requires that prior to gathering personal information from a child
    (under 13), providers of online services obtain verifiable parental consent from the child’s parent. Microsoft and Xbox Live comply with the COPPA regarding online account creation for children under age 13. The most common method allowed by COPPA for gathering
    parental consent is charging a small amount to the parent’s credit card. We charge 50 cents for this verification. These charges aren’t refundable
  6. Skeeter Quill Win User

Changing parental controls to another account

Yes you can. You need to log in as the parent that currently has control over the account. From there you can remove the child from the family. Once this has been completed the Childs account will be required to be attached to another parent account before
    they can do anything.

I'm not sure but it may do this the instant the child account is removed from the parent account, or the next time the child logs in.
Thema:

1. XBOX Live requires parent account to login before child account can access it. - Similar Threads - Live requires parent

2. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  3. Xbox LIVE Marketplace Status Code: 800700E8

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox LIVE Marketplace Status Code: 800700E8: Hi everyone. I’m getting the above status message when I’m trying to re-download Modern Warfare 3 (2011) on the Xbox 360. I made the purchase within the last six months and have it downloaded on...
  4. Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to play games with GamePass that require Xbox live sign in (PC) - We couldn't sign...: Any time I attempt to sign into a GamePass game, I am met with the error "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live (0x80070520)" I am able to sign into the Xbox app with my Xbox live account without...
  5. When will snow runner not require "live" on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will snow runner not require "live" on xbox: When will snow runner not require xbox live to play multi-player???? Like fortnite.... I've been waiting bc I don't play everyday and off and on every other weekends, not paying a year...
  6. Xbox Live Gold shut down, how will it affect the Xbox 360 games that require it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold shut down, how will it affect the Xbox 360 games that require it?: I have a question regarding the discontinuation of the Xbox Live Gold program. I own several games for my Xbox 360 that have multiplayer game modes (with bots) that cannot be accessed without an...
  7. Does call of duty black ops 1 require Xbox live or Xbox live gold to use multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does call of duty black ops 1 require Xbox live or Xbox live gold to use multiplayer: I was trying to play cod blackopps and it said my account was unable to connect to Xbox live, I currently have Xbox live silver 5e7b41f8-1c36-4b25-9154-ab0426b94439
  8. Free more games multiplayer experiences from the requirements of Xbox live or gold...

in XboX Insiders
    Free more games multiplayer experiences from the requirements of Xbox live or gold...: Halo Infinite Multiplayer does not require any purchases to play. Though this is inconsequential for many Xbox players, there are many who can’t pay for a live subscription and greatly appreciate...
  9. If I wanted to join the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, what are the requirements?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I wanted to join the Xbox Live Enforcement Team, what are the requirements?: Okay, so like the question states, what do I need to have? And of course, how would I actually go about actually applying for said position/ 10445430-5f87-46c4-9396-0899c7ce4ce8
  10. Speech to text setup for overwatch. Does it require xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Speech to text setup for overwatch. Does it require xbox live?: I have been trying to get my speech to text working with no luck. First, my xbox live has expired. Is it required? If not, what am I doing wrong? I followed a few clips to set it up and none seem...