Xbox Live: Report system Question.

Discus and support Xbox Live: Report system Question. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I;m planning on hosting an online game for minecraft for several people, it wouldn't bother me much but since my (game room/server) is based under... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SNEAKRET, Jul 3, 2015.

1. SNEAKRET
    SNEAKRET Guest

I;m planning on hosting an online game for minecraft for several people, it wouldn't bother me much but since my (game room/server) is based under water) it does worry me.

If and when I find a griefer and I report him/her is it in term of the Code of Conduct that they are breaking the rules?

If and when I would report them will it counter react in my worst favor by subjecting me for reporting them?

:)

SNEAKRET, Jul 3, 2015
  2. JohnnyXeo
    JohnnyXeo Guest
    Cheater, something needs to be done. cause it doesnt seem to be getting done. Modern Warfare 3

Like Juxt said, just report via the Xbox Live system.

JohnnyXeo, Jul 3, 2015
  3. Kiesey
    Kiesey Guest
    hacker!

Please report the user using the reporting system on Xbox Live.

Kiesey, Jul 3, 2015
  4. BigB EC
    BigB EC Guest

If you opened up your game and a griefer joined the only thing you could do is give them avoided rep and kick them from your game. Unfortunately griefing does not technically violate the COC and TOU.

BigB EC, Jul 4, 2015
  5. griefing does violate the code of conduct. you can only report for excessive griefing or trolling

michael_a162008, Jul 4, 2015
  6. BigB EC
    BigB EC Guest
    I just re read the COC and fail to see what part you are interpreting as grief violating the COC.

BigB EC, Jul 4, 2015
  7. Dirty Loco
    Dirty Loco Guest
    [quote user="SNEAKRET"]If and when I find a griefer and I report him/her is it in term of the Code of Conduct that they are breaking the rules?[/quote]

The word "griefer" is never going to show up on any legal document such as the Code of Conduct. However, "harassment" and "abuse" will. The Xbox Live Code of Conduct does say the following:

• "Do not harass, abuse, bully, spam, scream at, threaten or stalk other users or encourage other players to do so."
    Reporting someone for harassment will usually result in them receiving a suspension from Xbox Live or a communication suspension for a few days or a few weeks (depending on their previous enforcement
    history). Your report will be investigated before any action is taken, so it may be some time before something happens. Also, you probably will not be told of any action taken.

If you're after more immediate solutions, then muting them, blocking communications, and avoiding them may be a better option.

I'm not entirely sure what this sentence means. If you're asking if you will receive any consequences for reporting someone else, the answer is no. Why would you even think that you would? Xbox Live
    wants there to be less harassment and abuse on their system, not more, so they aren't going to do anything negative to you. The person reporting you will never be told that you reported them (unless you tell them), so you're going to get nothing from them.

Dirty Loco, Oct 31, 2018
  8. BigB EC Win User

I just re read the COC and fail to see what part you are interpreting as grief violating the COC.
  9. BigB EC Win User

If you opened up your game and a griefer joined the only thing you could do is give them avoided rep and kick them from your game. Unfortunately griefing does not technically violate the COC and TOU.
  10. Dirty Loco Win User

[quote user="SNEAKRET"]If and when I find a griefer and I report him/her is it in term of the Code of Conduct that they are breaking the rules?[/quote]

The word "griefer" is never going to show up on any legal document such as the Code of Conduct. However, "harassment" and "abuse" will. The Xbox Live Code of Conduct does say the following:

• "Do not harass, abuse, bully, spam, scream at, threaten or stalk other users or encourage other players to do so."
    Reporting someone for harassment will usually result in them receiving a suspension from Xbox Live or a communication suspension for a few days or a few weeks (depending on their previous enforcement
    history). Your report will be investigated before any action is taken, so it may be some time before something happens. Also, you probably will not be told of any action taken.

If you're after more immediate solutions, then muting them, blocking communications, and avoiding them may be a better option.

If and when I would report them will it counter react in my worst favor by subjecting me for reporting them?
    I'm not entirely sure what this sentence means. If you're asking if you will receive any consequences for reporting someone else, the answer is no. Why would you even think that you would? Xbox Live
    wants there to be less harassment and abuse on their system, not more, so they aren't going to do anything negative to you. The person reporting you will never be told that you reported them (unless you tell them), so you're going to get nothing from them.
  11. michael_a162008 Win User

griefing does violate the code of conduct. you can only report for excessive griefing or trolling
  12. Kiesey Win User

hacker!

Please report the user using the reporting system on Xbox Live.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live: Report system Question. - Similar Threads - Live Report system

2. How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft: How do i go about reporting someone through xbox live when ever i report someone for randomly harassing me for no reason and being purely unsportsmanlike, all because they lost. bringing loved...
  3. enforcement action Xbox live? For a report spammer? Can’t play with friends any more? Very...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    enforcement action Xbox live? For a report spammer? Can’t play with friends any more? Very...: During a recent in game match involving an incredibly toxic individual I was informed I would be banned then after, rightfully telling the guy to step off (not my exact words) I was banned from...
  4. Report a problem v2 (Beta) is live now

in XboX Insiders
    Report a problem v2 (Beta) is live now: Don't know if this already has been announced but today I found the new standalone Report a problem app which was announced earlier this year in the Previews section of the Insider Hub. It seems...
  5. Xbox live report system broken

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live report system broken: Hey everyone, i was playing xbox earlier when a guy that i beat in a nba2k match started trash talking me, such as saying things like I’m fat, smelly, nerd and useless etc. So i have reported...
  6. "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever!?" Casper Van Dien report he be in SW

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Come on you apes, you wanna live forever!?" Casper Van Dien report he be in SW: Would you like to know more? Casper Van Dien recently reported from news sources that he have been in Solitary Warfare. We don't know much what he roles is? Casper Van Dien is probably best known...
  7. How do I report a player on xbox live windows?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I report a player on xbox live windows?: I'm trying to report this guy on Halo pc for team-killing everyone because he "wants the match to end" but every time I click 'report' on his profile the link just takes me to the "how-to" page...
  8. The Xbox Live report system is practically run by the players.

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Xbox Live report system is practically run by the players.: I woke up this morning and hopped on my Xbox to be met with a screen telling me that I was reported and my profile picture violated the terms of service. They obviously did not review it because...
  9. Xbox Live Report System needs a rework

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Report System needs a rework: I started to notice the problem when I got my first suspension last week, but then I got a second suspension just right now. I started to do some research to see if this has happened to anyone...
  10. Issues with the Xbox Live report system.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with the Xbox Live report system.: I think we can all agree that the xbox live reporting system is incredibly broken. The fact that you can report anyone for anything, without any form of proof, is ridiculous. I received a...