Xbox Live randomly and continuously disconnects for me

Discus and support Xbox Live randomly and continuously disconnects for me in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For the last month or two I have experienced repeated, and seemingly random, disconnects from Xbox Live. It's like a drop in the wireless connection,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KentyTheRipper, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Xbox Live randomly and continuously disconnects for me

For the last month or two I have experienced repeated, and seemingly random, disconnects from Xbox Live. It's like a drop in the wireless connection, and though the network comes back on after a few seconds it's always enough to kick me from a multiplayer
    game, which is especially annoying if I'm playing a game with penalties for leaving. This seems to mostly occur on weekends, and often while I am playing the multiplayer game Overwatch with a few of my friends. It will also happen if I'm playing alone, though.
    I have tried to troubleshoot as much as I can, but nothing seems to be working. The thing is, sometimes it's fine, as yesterday and the day before I was hit with no disconnects, but for example tonight I disconnected around 5 times before eventually coming
    off the Xbox entirely. This specific issue has happened much more frequently recently, as all throughout the summer it was fine but these past couple of months it has been awful and I feel helpless in regards to working around it. Is there anything that can
    be recommended for me to do?

:)

KentyTheRipper, Oct 7, 2016
  2. j soulful916
    j soulful916 Guest
    xbox live connection issues since final update.

since the new update my xbox continuously disconnects from xbox live its starting to get really troublesome

j soulful916, Oct 7, 2016
  3. J1ML1323
    J1ML1323 Guest
    Getting Disconnected

For some reason when I play Arkham City it randomly disconnects me from Xbox Live anyone else having this problem?

J1ML1323, Oct 7, 2016
  4. Xbox Live randomly and continuously disconnects for me

what modem and router are you using ? random disconnects are , 99 times out of 100 , user end ...router most likely , especially if its gateway from your isp ....

RobertBuckalew, Oct 7, 2016
  5. I think the router is a Virgin Media Super Hub 2, but I'm not sure of the exact model. I can check, if needs be. When the connection drops, it is only on the Xbox, as for example the connection doesn't drop on my phone at all. I think it may be a problem
    with how the router is connecting to the Xbox, but that doesn't explain why it's only been happening recently.

KentyTheRipper, Oct 8, 2016
  6. The Superhub is the problem here , they are notorious for disconnections while using wireless....you may have luck if you hardwire it , but I would get a separate modem and a cheap netgear router....this issue seems to just pop up , some say theirs is fine
    , most others not

you can try this below as a few said it has helped but I would toss it....

This Gateway will sometimes cause issues connecting with cloud based games, resulting in a timeout with "Unable to join session" status message. This is due to the Gateway being configured to disable IPSec Pass-Through by default. IPSec Pass-Through is required
    to establish multi-player sessions. To resolve this issue, you must enable IPSec Pass-Through on the Gateway..

RobertBuckalew, Oct 8, 2016
  7. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest
    If your going to wire in your Xbox, make sure you wire out of another port on your modem if you can. Sometimes, wiring out of the modem instead of the router can give you better results. There are also some other things you can try through the router settings
    but let's wait before we get to technical. Let me know if I can help any further. Good luck!

MattyMidway, Oct 10, 2016
  8. Xbox Live randomly and continuously disconnects for me

My xbox one. Won't connect to my WiFi. I try to change my xbox one back to my home xbox and it kicks me off and gives me an error code

NinjaAsassin390, Oct 10, 2016
  9. Is there any way I can get my console switched back to my regular home xbox I kinda got *** over by a friend who wanted all my games cause he can't afford his own told me nothing bad would come out of me letting him switch it but now it's not letting me
    from the switching to much I think

NinjaAsassin390, Oct 10, 2016
  10. NinjaAsassin390 you can only change your home console 3 times in a year. If you have done this you will need to wait until January to change it again.

The Mike Fresh, Oct 11, 2016
  11. MattyMidway
    MattyMidway Guest
    This is long winded so I apologize, but.....

Mike Fresh is correct about the 3 times a year. Even if your buddy completely deletes your profile from his Xbox, there is a good chance you'll still have to wait to move it back.

The Good and the Bad:

The downside to your situation, it's (from what I understand) a 365 day rolling period before you get your Console swaps back. Meaning, if you make a swap in February 2016, March 2016 and November 2016 you will have to wait until February, March
    and November 2017 before you will get chances to change the Home Xbox around again (one swap for each month, 1 calendar year later). The Upside, there is a good chance you can call Xbox support and request to have your Gamertag/Account reset so you may swap
    one final time. I've read a lot of positive results taking that route in the past. Simply explain to your Rep that you didn't know there was a limit and you'd like to reclaim your console's ability to be the Home system one final time.

As for the connection issue, I'm not saying that your internet connection problem is being caused by your console not being marked as the Home Xbox but it probably has something to do with the error codes your getting.

First, I'd call Xbox Support and request a reset...Secondly, I'd try and get your buddy to delete the profile and test that route now over waiting a full year... Let us know how it goes, brother. Good Luck and I hope this helps!

MattyMidway, Oct 31, 2018
  12. MattyMidway Win User

This is long winded so I apologize, but.....

Mike Fresh is correct about the 3 times a year. Even if your buddy completely deletes your profile from his Xbox, there is a good chance you'll still have to wait to move it back.

The Good and the Bad:

The downside to your situation, it's (from what I understand) a 365 day rolling period before you get your Console swaps back. Meaning, if you make a swap in February 2016, March 2016 and November 2016 you will have to wait until February, March
    and November 2017 before you will get chances to change the Home Xbox around again (one swap for each month, 1 calendar year later). The Upside, there is a good chance you can call Xbox support and request to have your Gamertag/Account reset so you may swap
    one final time. I've read a lot of positive results taking that route in the past. Simply explain to your Rep that you didn't know there was a limit and you'd like to reclaim your console's ability to be the Home system one final time.

As for the connection issue, I'm not saying that your internet connection problem is being caused by your console not being marked as the Home Xbox but it probably has something to do with the error codes your getting.

First, I'd call Xbox Support and request a reset...Secondly, I'd try and get your buddy to delete the profile and test that route now over waiting a full year... Let us know how it goes, brother. Good Luck and I hope this helps!
  13. RobertBuckalew Win User

what modem and router are you using ? random disconnects are , 99 times out of 100 , user end ...router most likely , especially if its gateway from your isp ....
  14. NinjaAsassin390 Win User

My xbox one. Won't connect to my WiFi. I try to change my xbox one back to my home xbox and it kicks me off and gives me an error code
  15. MattyMidway Win User

If your going to wire in your Xbox, make sure you wire out of another port on your modem if you can. Sometimes, wiring out of the modem instead of the router can give you better results. There are also some other things you can try through the router settings
    but let's wait before we get to technical. Let me know if I can help any further. Good luck!
  16. NinjaAsassin390 Win User

Is there any way I can get my console switched back to my regular home xbox I kinda got *** over by a friend who wanted all my games cause he can't afford his own told me nothing bad would come out of me letting him switch it but now it's not letting me
    from the switching to much I think
Thema:

1. Xbox Live randomly and continuously disconnects for me - Similar Threads - Live randomly continuously

2. I got banned for no reason on my Xbox live via a chat with a random.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I got banned for no reason on my Xbox live via a chat with a random.: I responded to a random chat dm from someone (I assume from rocket league) today, and he proceeded to message back over 50 different messages, calling me multiple homophobic and sexist slurs, and...
  3. Xbox Live Randomly Signing me out, only on COD BO2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Randomly Signing me out, only on COD BO2: I keep getting signed out of Xbox Live while playing Call of Duty BO2. It will say is signed in, and then randomly in the middle of a game i get signed out of Xbox Live. I have checked my internet...
  4. my Xbox 360 randomly disconnects from live, how do I fix that?

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox 360 randomly disconnects from live, how do I fix that?: my Xbox 360 randomly disconnects from live, how do I fix that? 6710bef9-d97d-421a-b8c2-d7859fdeffe7
  5. Random xbox live ban (permanent) reason profile pic (nudity)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Random xbox live ban (permanent) reason profile pic (nudity): hillo i woke up this morning trying to get in a game in my weekend suprised by this unfortunate random bot ban, reason as it says profile picture, im blocked from contacting support i did opened a...
  6. xbox live random disconnects

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live random disconnects: hi , i play on the xbox (xbox one, xbox one x, series x) from 2014 to jan. 2021 without any problem , since january 2021 i get very random disconnects from xbox Live when playing GTA online , i...
  7. Random disconnects from Xbox Live on Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random disconnects from Xbox Live on Xbox Series S?: I keep randomly getting disconnected from Xbox Live for a few seconds then it reconnects me but will then keep repeating the issue for like 10-15 minutes then it may go for an hour or so without...
  8. Xbox Live disconnects for a few seconds at random

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live disconnects for a few seconds at random: I'm sick and tired of xbox live disconnectingat the worst times. I'll be in a sell mission in RDR2 and all of a sudden, when I'm about to get to the sell location, I get kicked from the party and...
  9. Xbox live random disconnects when in online matches

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live random disconnects when in online matches: This happens every 10 - 25 minutes and it is getting ridiculous like i'm playing a fortnite game and its all going fine. Me being a pro player i usually am in a tournament and with a lot of...
  10. xbox live random account followers who you've not gamed with , no friends with, not even in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live random account followers who you've not gamed with , no friends with, not even in...: after asking this question: i keep getting random unsolicited users following me on my profile I go look at their profiles and it lists no friends but they follow thousands of users, and have low...