Xbox live Party chat - huge delay

Discus and support Xbox live Party chat - huge delay in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I know this is not a new thing and has been around since the beginning of the Xbox One. But it is really annoying trying to communicate in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by TcRsBlade, Feb 16, 2020.

1. TcRsBlade
    TcRsBlade Guest

Hello,

I know this is not a new thing and has been around since the beginning of the Xbox One. But it is really annoying trying to communicate in the Xbox Live Party chat when all you say gets to the other person after 2-3 seconds. I can't even talk a normal conversasion
    without interrupting other people in my party. Let alone play a FPS match where info needs to be communicated as fast as possible.

Is there a fix for this or is Microsoft / the Xbox Team working on this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerley,

:)

TcRsBlade, Feb 16, 2020
  2. OA wantedkiller Win User

I haven't notice or heard of this probelm before.

How long have you had this problem?

What kind of headset are you using?

When you do a speedtest on the xbox, what is your upload/download speed,ping and packet loss?
  3. MindOfTim Win User

A big part of this depends on everyones connections to their internet and the servers, has everyone in your party (yourself included) got a decent stable connection?

They are working on improvements for party chat as well so hopefully this issue will be lessened at some point, but you may as well do everything in your power to make it better. I havent suffered with this problem there is usually about 0.5 - 1 second delay
    if that for me so I cant help much more sorry
  4. TcRsBlade Win User

You are right, most games handle the voice chat better than the party chat does. But we shouldn't have to configure the settings (for example only friends hear me) for every game. That's why something like a party chat exists.

I hope this is fixable.
  5. TcRsBlade Win User

Yes, in my last Party it was just me and one friend of mine that i know personally. So I am 100% certain we both have a stable connection since i know our ISP and our usual connection when gaming (mine beign the slower one with 60 mbit/s stable).

I can understand that you personally can't fix this issue, I would just really like if Microsoft / Xbox adressed this issue, since I saw a lot of other threads relating to this.
  6. Nrxb Win User

Heres the thing. In game chats (especially for Rainbow six siege) have no mic delay which is a reason why I dont really use the party chat. It would be amazing to have no mic delay in party chat.
Thema:

1. Xbox live Party chat - huge delay - Similar Threads - live Party chat

2. Xbox live parties not working on PC unless I reset Xbox app and Xbox Live Services app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live parties not working on PC unless I reset Xbox app and Xbox Live Services app: Basically the title. Xbox live parties do not work on PC (Windows 11) the first time. I have to go in and reset those two apps in order for them to work. All my privacy settings are correct....
  3. I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I’m can not communicate on xbox live party chats or in game chats: I have been having trouble communicating on xbox live. To start, i am not coms banned on anything Xbox Live, CoD, or Fortnite, yet i can not communicate with anyone on anything. I have a wireless...
  4. Help with Xbox live party’s, connecting only issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with Xbox live party’s, connecting only issue: hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a perplexing issue that has recently arisen with my Xbox Series X/S. In the past two weeks, I've encountered a...
  5. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  6. Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.: Hello, I've been trying to use a 3rd party minecraft java launcher known as Modrinth. Unforunatley, every time I try to log in this happens: [img] could I please get a fix? ***moved from...
  7. Xbox live party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox live party chat: Hey so my daughter can’t connect to an Xbox live party with others she can be in one by her self but when someone else joins it kicks her out NAT is open as well tried hard reset and looked in...
  8. Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Attempting to use 3rd party minecraft launchers with my Xbox Live account results in error.: Hello, I've been trying to use a 3rd party minecraft java launcher known as Modrinth. Unforunatley, every time I try to log in this happens: [img] could I please get a fix?...
  9. Disconnecting from online games, but Xbox Live, party chats, live streams all stay up and...

in XboX Insiders
    Disconnecting from online games, but Xbox Live, party chats, live streams all stay up and...: I frequently disconnect randomly from online games on my xbox series S despite having zero lag aside from these abrupt disconnects. I am on ethernet and never had these issues until a few months...
  10. PC Xbox Game Bar will not allow me to connect to Xbox Live Party Chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PC Xbox Game Bar will not allow me to connect to Xbox Live Party Chat: When I join a Xbox Live Party Chat from the game bar on my PC I am stuck with "connecting..." under my profile's name while it says everyone else in the party is "disconnected". To my friend's...