Xbox Live Parent/child problem

Discus and support Xbox Live Parent/child problem in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; In Forza Horizon 4 when I select community vinyls "This feature is block per your Xbox Live parental control settings.". Long story short. The Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DJNPlays, Oct 6, 2018.

1. DJNPlays
    DJNPlays Guest

In Forza Horizon 4 when I select community vinyls "This feature is block per your Xbox Live parental control settings.".

Long story short. The Xbox website says I need to have "parent permissions" to access the Xbox Live settings and then claims that I can change these in the family settings on the Microsoft website. On the Microsoft website under family, it claims that I
    am a parent (and the only person in "my family", as it should be.)

So, as I see it somewhere between the Microsoft servers and the Xbox servers something went wrong and now I am unable to access the community paint jobs in Forza Horizon 4.

:)

DJNPlays, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Gamertag missing

To make the story short:

- a did a mistake removing from family the account of my child

- I added back the account and changed email to a new one

- both accounts (child and parent) see each other as family members

Problems:

- parent privacy & security settings : cannot see my child's gamertag

- child - privacy & security settings : I get an error

- child - change gamertag: error too

- parent can log in to xbox live

- child cannot log in xbox live: error says parent account is not valid

Help to solve this mess is needed!!!

Thanks,

Cri

WarningManx9803, Oct 6, 2018
  3. MasTerKi3Z
    MasTerKi3Z Guest
    Help

You need to have Xbox Live Gold or this problem is related to permission of your parents If your account is a child account

MasTerKi3Z, Oct 6, 2018
  4. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

Hello DJN,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Are you blocked from changing your privacy settings?

Please double check your privacy settings to make sure Seeing shared content is enabled. Without this feature allowed, you will not be able to access community paint jobs.

This link will show you how to do it from xbox consoles as well has from Xbox.com. :

Xbox One online safety and privacy settings for parents and children

Hope this helps

XBF Chris J, Oct 7, 2018
  5. DJNPlays
    DJNPlays Guest
    Hay Chris.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am blocked from changing my privacy settings.

After I get to step two on the link you sent me, I get greeted with this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ge-childs-xbox-privacy-online-safety-settings

Alltho I did find a way semi-around this. If I select subscriptions from the drop down menu. I can go from there to the privacy settings, verify my identity, and then select "Online safety on Xbox One Online". But that's where the progress stops, as I'm
    then greeted with the above link, again.

I hope this helps

DJNPlays, Oct 7, 2018
  6. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hi DJN,

Was there any other account that used to be part of your Microsoft Family? I would suggest to take a look at this article:

Why you're being asked for parental consent.

Something that is also available is to fill out the
    Age verification form
    . You can submit proof of age (if 18+) by filling out the

Age verification Request.

After submitting this form, you’ll receive confirmation and follow-up emails. Instructions on how you can monitor the status of your request will be included. Please do not submit multiple requests. You can expect an email response
    within3 days.

Hope this helps

XBF Leslie D, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: