XBOX LIVE on PC - IPV6 direct or Teredo?

Discus and support XBOX LIVE on PC - IPV6 direct or Teredo? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; From what I have read, I gather XBOX one can support a direct IPv6 connection to XBL, but it appears that XBOX LIVE on windows can only operate using... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by cynikill, Oct 15, 2020.

1. cynikill
    cynikill Guest

From what I have read, I gather XBOX one can support a direct IPv6 connection to XBL, but it appears that XBOX LIVE on windows can only operate using Teredo tunnelling? I have a working IPV6 connection to the internet and have no other issues other than
    with Xbox Game pass games on PCs. I also have an Xbox one and my son has a second PC for gaming. It seems the combination of all three is just too much for uPNP to cope with and it cannot be solved using port forward. Eventually i gave up hoping for open NAT
    on each and moved to IPv6 assuming this would just work. It looks like even on an IPV6 network, the PC still requires Teredo. Surely this cannot be right? I have tried everything i can think of, but nothing seems to work. With Teredo not running, i cant connect,
    with it running, and the PC tunnelling, i still have the same issue. My router does have an option to filter Teredo traffic, it doesnt help in any configuration. I have found that using IPv6 for internet and still running Teredo means I frequently drop out
    of games like Forza so for now i have had to drop back to IPv4, which is frustrating.

in summary

Can Xbox Live on a PC operate on IPv6, and therefore not need Teredo?

Can an Xbox one indeed do this, or does it just appear to do so?

Is there anything else to try which might resolve constant dropouts with games like forza when running IPv6 and Teredo? In this configuration, the NAT type and connection check keeps giving inconsistent results?

What does everyone else do who has multiple XBOX's and or PCs running XBL?

:)

cynikill, Oct 15, 2020
  2. verdy.p Win User

Impossible d'ouvrir mon application Xbox sur Windows 10

I can translate what JZinky said for him (because I have the same issue):

"When I open my Xbox application on Windows 10, the app displays:

Impossible to connect you. Retry later. (0x409)"

----

Like JZinky I have a similar issue but with error 0x406. Apparently this is caused by the new impossibility to establish a Teredo link. Teredo is enabled and configured, but cannot connect to the remote Microsoft Teredo server to establish a tunnel and getting
    an IPv6 transport on it. Teredo is enabled, but the adapter info shows that it still has no IPv6 connection: the Microsoft Teredo server is not accepting new connections to establish a tunnel.

Xbox should provide a way to use another tunnel broker. Note: that I have also a direct IPv6 connectivity with my fiber Internet access (and it is working with YouTube, Google, and many sites), using a tunnel should not be necessary (and it is much slower
    anyway than native IPv6).

Microsoft Teredo servers are probably over used. Xbox Live should not need it!
  3. zanswer Win User

Cannot Get a TEREDO ip address

@StoodSkydiver23 hey hey

Teredo tunnels do not use direct IPv6, they use IPv4 as transport to carry IPv6 inside it.

Can You do network test and then press LB+RB+RT+LT and post here detailed NAT status.
  4. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

IPv6 Party Chat without Teredo Ports ?

Sorry for the late response:

I think Teredo should be disabled on Router because I also have other devices not only xbox and pc.

For blocking Traffic I'm not sure: here is it written so I'm not sure if I need to Port Forward

en.avm.de/.../845_Setting-up-IPv6-port-forwarding-in-the-FRITZ-Box

I use SLAAC for internal IPv6 no DHCPv6

The Problem I have. If I disable Teredo I get NAT strict and I would like to get it open or IPv6 traffic. The ONLY Problem I have is - I can't join xbox live Partys without teredo and I would like to have a Solutuion for it :)
  5. Simon Mattes Win User

Native IPv6 Support

Same question here.

I love my Xbox and the "ipv6 support".

But the required tunneling over ipv4 via teredo is pathetic.

I am on a native ipv6 network. To use party chat I have to leave my ipv6 network and use a virtual ipv4 address, just to use teredo to join the ipv6 network again.

Microsoft; when is native ipv6 support planned for the Xbox one?

Regards

-Simon
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Forza horizon 4

This page has multiple ways to resolve the issue on your PC. Now, what Teredo does is allow IPv6 benefits on an IPv4 network;
    so I would look to see if your local network modem/router can assign IPv6 addresses to devices on your network, and ensure that your ISP is providing you with an IPv6 address, and that would negate the need for Teredo Network Tunneling to begin with.
Thema:

1. XBOX LIVE on PC - IPV6 direct or Teredo? - Similar Threads - LIVE IPV6 direct

2. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  3. Xbox LIVE Marketplace Status Code: 800700E8

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox LIVE Marketplace Status Code: 800700E8: Hi everyone. I’m getting the above status message when I’m trying to re-download Modern Warfare 3 (2011) on the Xbox 360. I made the purchase within the last six months and have it downloaded on...
  4. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  5. Xbox one disconnecting from IPv6 and losing xbox live connection, but not disconnecting...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox one disconnecting from IPv6 and losing xbox live connection, but not disconnecting...: Xbox one disconnecting from IPv6 and losing xbox live connection, but not disconnecting from IPv4 Hi GavinBurton Please try clearing your MAC Address and then restart your console Clearing...
  6. Windstream: has anyone found a solution for the ipv6 problem connecting to xbox live

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Windstream: has anyone found a solution for the ipv6 problem connecting to xbox live: Windstream (ISPs): has anyone found a solution for the ipv6 problem connecting to xbox live Hello! Most likely since it works fine after rebooting your router, it's something with the router. If...
  7. Unable to connect to xbox live via ethernet or wifi SOLVED Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to xbox live via ethernet or wifi SOLVED Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6): Dear All, I have had many weeks of problems with my three consoles over the last few weeks.. The main thing that all of you should try is to activate IPv6 on your router. This worked for me...
  8. Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6: Hi, We have a new Xbox One - have several games including 360 Call of Duty Black Ops. We want to play multiplayer or split screen Black Ops together at home. We run into "Can't connect to Xbox...
  9. How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can't connect rocks Xbox live because of IPv4 connection and need IPv6: says I need to connect to a IPv6 network and I'm connected to a IPv4 and it isn't connecting to Xbox live f950cfe0-f08a-40e9-a74d-ec798cd472ee
  10. IPV6 and Xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    IPV6 and Xbox live?: Since I cannot seem to get any interest in my other thread, I am doing some research about my problems with getting kicked from live and discovered an issue. I was going to try port forwarding...