Xbox live on a Child Account

Discus and support Xbox live on a Child Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am struggling a lot with this. I would like my child to have access to xbox live and it says that he has to ask a parent but there is no where for me... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Katie N2424, Jan 3, 2022.

1. Katie N2424
    Katie N2424 Guest

I am struggling a lot with this. I would like my child to have access to xbox live and it says that he has to ask a parent but there is no where for me to approve it. My other child has xbox live so I tried making the other one the home xbox in hopes that he can use his xbox live and that did not work. He is on the family account also. I have no idea how to get this working!

:)

Katie N2424, Jan 3, 2022
  2. MutableTomcat02 Win User

Converting offline account to Live account

Same issues. Couldn't migrate the offline account to a LIVE account for a child on the xbox. Had to set the account up online which generated a GamerTag. When I then went to the offline child account on the xbox it asked for the adult login to verify
    - did that - then it said the email address for the child account was already associated with an Xbox Live account. The only thing I could do is create a new profile on the Xbox. It's ridiculous there is no way to associate the new Live Account/Gamer Tag
    to the exisiting offline account for a child account.
  3. Chief ManGoat Win User

gta 5 wont play on my profile but will on different profiles

It could be because your xbox live account is a childs account. Child accounts cannot play rated M games.
  4. DangerousBard Win User

Removing Parental email conrtol

Hello Travis,

As you may be aware Xbox LIVE determines whether an account is a child account or an adult account based on the age of the account owner. Account owners who are younger than 18 are given child accounts in the United States.

For this reason you need to have access to the parental account in order to promote a child account to an adult account. This promotion removes the Family Settings and Xbox LIVE restrictions:

To promote a child account to an adult account

Sign in to Xbox LIVE by using the account that you want to change.

Go to Settings, and then select Account.

Select Promote Child Account.

For further information check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../online-safety
  5. Club-1B2D708E-E229-4 Win User

Error 83118853 where is yesterdays acknowledgement of the problem

Problem:

You see the following error and message when you try to sign in to Xbox Live using a child account:

Before you can sign in here, you'll need to sign in at Xbox.com.

An adult will also need to sign in so they can give permission.

Code: 83118853

This means that the parent account must provide permission for each associated child account (under age 13) before the child can access Xbox Live

Solution:

To resolve this issue, have the child account sign in to Xbox.com. Then, when prompted, the parent account associated with the child account should sign in to Xbox.com and give permission for the child account to sign in to Xbox Live.

If you keep experiencing the problem, contact Xbox Support.
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

How to modify date of birth in child’s account

You can't change a child account into an adult account once registered for xbox live. You can modify the DOB under your MS account's page yet that will not upgrade a child account into an adult account for the live service.
Thema:

1. Xbox live on a Child Account - Similar Threads - live Child Account

2. Child turn 13, can he have his on xbox live account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child turn 13, can he have his on xbox live account?: Hiya, basically my son is on his Dad's microsoft account as family (child, just turned 13), we want to know if we can get him his own Xbox live account yet because they clash alot when playing at...
  3. xbox live gold or ultimate for child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live gold or ultimate for child account: My son has been playing xbox one for 3 years. Xbox live gold has expired. I renewed it, but it's under my acct. I need it to be under his acct where he has his games and settings for last 3 years....
  4. Trying to create a child account for xbox live, and when i put in an adult email address I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to create a child account for xbox live, and when i put in an adult email address I...: [img] This was my first time trying, any fixes? 1f03bd5e-088d-425a-b62a-ace05a9f5be9
  5. How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me: Ok community. Let's see if anyone has run this gauntlet. Here are the factors: I want to take on the subscription for Xbox Live for my kiddo (10 years old.) They live with their other parent....
  6. Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult: Hi, as the title suggests, my xbox live account is quite old and was made on my late father's xbox as he used to play games with me. After his passing, however, I have continued to use the xbox...
  7. Xbox Live syncing a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live syncing a child account: If I have 2 Xbox's and both have the parent account with Xbox live and Xbox game pass and I were to sync the child account to a different Xbox would I still have Xbox live or gamepass...
  8. Game pass ultimate on child account but live on adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game pass ultimate on child account but live on adult account: i’ve just set up game pass ultimate on my son’s xbox account as when it was on my account he couldn’t access it. Our XBox live and game pass subscriptions are still sitting on my account, will...
  9. XBOX Live - cannot approve child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Live - cannot approve child account: XBOX Live - cannot approve child account I have the same issue as many others and cannot find a fix that has been documented As a parent I have added my child the family. I get through all teh...
  10. XBOX Live requires parent account to login before child account can access it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live requires parent account to login before child account can access it.: When my son logs onto his XBOX with his account, XBOX Live Gold doesn't work for him. When he tries to do anything that requires the service, he gets the screen that says "Choose the plan that's...