Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6

Discus and support Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, We have a new Xbox One - have several games including 360 Call of Duty Black Ops. We want to play multiplayer or split screen Black Ops together at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DauntingTexas9, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6

Hi, We have a new Xbox One - have several games including 360 Call of Duty Black Ops. We want to play multiplayer or split screen Black Ops together at home. We run into "Can't connect to Xbox Live." Test network connection - "It's all good." Test multiplayer
    connection - "Can't get Teredo IP address." Went through suggestions on Xbox as well as steps on the Xbox site. Step 4 concluded with NAT showing "unavailable" - beneath that it says "All services are available." I have gotten to Step 5: Check IPv6 settings
    on your router - webpage
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/multiplayer-connection-error-solution?icid=furl_xb...
    My DSL gateway modem is a Netgear B90-755044-15 provided by my ISP, Frontier. I do not think it does IPV6; I do not think Frontier provides IPV6.
    By the way on the gateways main page it boasts Speed(Down/Up): 864 Kbps / 159 Kbps. Microsoft product, the Xbox One under detailed network statistics says Download speed 0,29 Mbps / Upload Speed 0.08 Mbps. Is IPV6 necessary for the XBox One? What do i
    do next?

:)

DauntingTexas9, Dec 28, 2016
  2. Can't access terido ip, but all of my ports are open. My NAT is also unavailable.

Hey dude,

I had the same problem but following might be the solution of yours. Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6 :D

This link is in German, but you can use Google Translator for a makeshift translation:

https://gedankenausbruch.com/microsoft/xbox-one-probleme-im-multiplayer-modus-wegen-teredo/

Die Begründung: „Die
    Xbox One
    nutzt bei Online-Spielen nicht die bereits bestehende Internetverbindung über das Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6), sondern versucht eine eigene IPv6-Verbindung über das Teredo-Protokoll herzustellen. Dieses Verhalten der

Xbox
    widerspricht dem Teredo-Standard (RFC 4380 Abschnitt 5.5).“ Daher ist in der neuesten Firmware des Routers 7490 Teredo automatisch auf der Blocklist.

The text says that the XBOX tries to connect with the internet by using his own IPv6 connection via teredo protocoll instead of the existing IPv6. Thats the reason your NAT is unavailable.

Teredo is automatically blocked on the latest software update of your router. So you have to disable the teredo filter in the settings of your router.

Maybe additional you can add the necessary ports for your XBOX manually. (I do not have to. Disable the filter was enough.)

ReimGerste27797, Dec 28, 2016
  3. merlwiz079
    merlwiz079 Guest
    Strict NAT type, which I think causes a whole bunch of other problems or vice versa. Can't think of any other solutions to fix it

Teredo IP is for IPv6 over IPv4 and your router is having a problems with IPv6 or won't open Port 3544(UDP/TCP).

support.xbox.com/.../multiplayer-connection-error-solution

merlwiz079, Dec 28, 2016
  4. Twizted Team
    Twizted Team Guest

IPv6 isn't required for Xbox One. The download speeds are only estimates on Xbox One and can vary depending of the time of day and how busy Xbox LIVE is. I would recommend sticking with your ISP speed test for best results. On your router do you have
    UPnP enabled? Any port forwarding or DMZ?

Twizted Team, Dec 28, 2016
    DauntingTexas9, Dec 29, 2016
  6. Twizted Team
    Twizted Team Guest
    Just to be sure, did you assign a specific IP address to your Xbox One S? When you port forward you want to assign a specific IP to your Xbox One S so every time your console powers on it won't have a different network IP every time which pretty much nulls
    all your port forwarding. For an example, if you go under Settings app and check your Network settings under Advanced settings your IP address should be something like 192.168.0.38. You want to ensure you assign your console that IP under your router and
    port forward that IP address also.

If that all checks out try clearing your system cache, while your console is on, hold the power button for 15 seconds, let go, give it a few seconds and turn it back on. I have heard this happening to others before and if clearing cache doesn't work most
    have used the factory reset option on your console to fix the issue but this deletes everything which is really a last resort since you have to re-download all your games. Let me know if you did everything and before doing a factory reset. I'll keep searching
    around for fixes.

Twizted Team, Dec 29, 2016
    DauntingTexas9, Dec 30, 2016
  8. Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6

I reviewed setting a static IP with the xbox and the gateway. I get why it would be preferable to set a static IP. My observation with my situation is that devices are always being assigned their respective IPs; the xbox consistently gets the same IP every
    time it is powered on and the routing table uses that same IP. It seems like the gateway, Netgear B90-755044-15, reserves IP addresses but doesn't do staic IP as such. I have gone through the steps of manually setting an IP on the xbox but it doesn't stick;
    it seems to revert to DHCP. These are some places I have looked -
    https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/46b30f0a-d486-4d23-b25a-fe3a4ce4a110
    and

https://frontier.com/helpcenter/categories/internet/installation-setup/connect-my-gaming-system/get-...
    and I looked ahead at step 7 in "Can't get Teredo IP address" -

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/multiplayer-connection-error-solution?icid=furl_xb...
    So, trying the DMZ solution now the NAT type is open and running multi-player connection test does not result in the Teredo IP error; it fails with
    connection speed is too slow. Nevertheless, we have begun getting some success playing it now. Looks like DMZ is the solution. [Seems like the xbox is marketed and sold without a hint to the technicalities, unlike finding "batteries not included" printed
    on a toy. The package had a 5 step pictorial for set up; no reading required.] It has been helpful having someone to go over this with. Thanks again for your help Fibre. Any further comments are welcome.

DauntingTexas9, Dec 31, 2016
  9. Twizted Team
    Twizted Team Guest
    Awesome! Great to hear your back up and running. I was going to suggest bypassing the router and connect your console directly to your modem to bypass the firewall and port forwarding jazz but DMZ is always the best. Sets your device outside the firewall
    and no need to worry about any ports.

Regards to the slow connection message I can see you would get it with your router giving you those speeds on your first post. The minimum requirements for online gaming is 3 MB/s or 3,000 KB/s (Download) and 0.5 MB/s or 500 KB/s (Upload) with Less than
    150 milliseconds (Ping).

With technology these days anything can happen really. I've worked tech support for an ISP before and usually settings can mess anything up. Lots of issues can occur but luckily this was an easy fix without having to factory restore your console and re-downloading
    all your games over again Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6 :)

Twizted Team, Dec 31, 2016
    DauntingTexas9, Jan 2, 2017
  11. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Is the Netgear B90-755044-15 your only modem/router/wireless accesspoint, or do you also connect an additional router/NAT device to the Netgear B90?

Do you connect multiple Xbox consoles to the same router Internet connection?

Since this differ between vendors; when you did setup DMZ on your router, did you do this by entering the current logical address (IP address) of your console, or its physical address (MAC address) into the DMZ of your router?

As for static IP settings on your console; try and see if your gateway support DHCP reservation instead. As it is recommended, and foremost preferable, to assign a device a static IP that is outside of the DHCP server's pool of addresses that can be leased
    to any given IP speaking device on the same subnet.

Do not mixture UPnP with Port Forwarding, as UPnP tend to overwrite manually forwarding ports.

Could you check the firewall setting on your gateway and have us know its current setting.

Also; do you know if your ISP are using carrier grade NAT for your service. This would mean that your provider are using a NAT concentrator within their own network, to multiplex fewer public addresses into many private addresses.

taidara, Jan 2, 2017
  12. /

/

Tried again after several hours and it worked without any changes. So far it has worked consistently. Thanks for the very good questions and will to help. It is only the B90 and only one Xbox. Only using DMZ - no UPnP and no port forwarding.

May look into other ISP but for now OK.

DauntingTexas9, Oct 31, 2018
  13. merlwiz079 Win User

Strict NAT type, which I think causes a whole bunch of other problems or vice versa. Can't think of any other solutions to fix it

14. taidara Win User

Is the Netgear B90-755044-15 your only modem/router/wireless accesspoint, or do you also connect an additional router/NAT device to the Netgear B90?

Do you connect multiple Xbox consoles to the same router Internet connection?

Since this differ between vendors; when you did setup DMZ on your router, did you do this by entering the current logical address (IP address) of your console, or its physical address (MAC address) into the DMZ of your router?

As for static IP settings on your console; try and see if your gateway support DHCP reservation instead. As it is recommended, and foremost preferable, to assign a device a static IP that is outside of the DHCP server's pool of addresses that can be leased
    to any given IP speaking device on the same subnet.

Do not mixture UPnP with Port Forwarding, as UPnP tend to overwrite manually forwarding ports.

Could you check the firewall setting on your gateway and have us know its current setting.

Also; do you know if your ISP are using carrier grade NAT for your service. This would mean that your provider are using a NAT concentrator within their own network, to multiplex fewer public addresses into many private addresses.
  15. DauntingTexas9 Win User

I reviewed setting a static IP with the xbox and the gateway. I get why it would be preferable to set a static IP. My observation with my situation is that devices are always being assigned their respective IPs; the xbox consistently gets the same IP every
    time it is powered on and the routing table uses that same IP. It seems like the gateway, Netgear B90-755044-15, reserves IP addresses but doesn't do staic IP as such. I have gone through the steps of manually setting an IP on the xbox but it doesn't stick;
    it seems to revert to DHCP. These are some places I have looked -
    https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread/46b30f0a-d486-4d23-b25a-fe3a4ce4a110
    and

https://frontier.com/helpcenter/categories/internet/installation-setup/connect-my-gaming-system/get-...
    and I looked ahead at step 7 in "Can't get Teredo IP address" -

So, trying the DMZ solution now the NAT type is open and running multi-player connection test does not result in the Teredo IP error; it fails with
    connection speed is too slow. Nevertheless, we have begun getting some success playing it now. Looks like DMZ is the solution. [Seems like the xbox is marketed and sold without a hint to the technicalities, unlike finding "batteries not included" printed
    on a toy. The package had a 5 step pictorial for set up; no reading required.] It has been helpful having someone to go over this with. Thanks again for your help Fibre. Any further comments are welcome.

Awesome! Great to hear your back up and running. I was going to suggest bypassing the router and connect your console directly to your modem to bypass the firewall and port forwarding jazz but DMZ is always the best. Sets your device outside the firewall
    and no need to worry about any ports.

Regards to the slow connection message I can see you would get it with your router giving you those speeds on your first post. The minimum requirements for online gaming is 3 MB/s or 3,000 KB/s (Download) and 0.5 MB/s or 500 KB/s (Upload) with Less than
    150 milliseconds (Ping).

With technology these days anything can happen really. I've worked tech support for an ISP before and usually settings can mess anything up. Lots of issues can occur but luckily this was an easy fix without having to factory restore your console and re-downloading
    all your games over again :)

It has been less than 24 hours and now back to "can't get teredo ip address" and can't play local multi-player.

It goes without saying that this is no fun and not getting satisfaction out of this purchase. I have better things to do for the time being; a good time to step away from this and maybe try something more later. However, this (or any) Microsoft Xbox product
    may not be a good fit for my needs and situation.
  16. Twizted Team Win User

Thanks for your note Fibre. UPnP is on. I did the jig in the steps on the xbox site leading up to step 5 - turning UPnP off/on doing what it said. For my gateway universal-plug-and-play is found under advanced settings. There is port forwarding to the
    xbox: port 88 UDP, 3074 UDP & TCP, 53 UDP and TCP, 80 TCP, 500 UDP, 3544 UDP, 4500 UDP, 22728 UDP, 4500 UDP, 27014-27050 TCP, 3478-4380 UDP and 2700-27030 UDP. No DMZ. I should clarify, this is an xbox one s. What kind of xbox live account is needed? Might
    that have something to do with not getting the Teredo IP?
    Just to be sure, did you assign a specific IP address to your Xbox One S? When you port forward you want to assign a specific IP to your Xbox One S so every time your console powers on it won't have a different network IP every time which pretty much nulls
    all your port forwarding. For an example, if you go under Settings app and check your Network settings under Advanced settings your IP address should be something like 192.168.0.38. You want to ensure you assign your console that IP under your router and
    port forward that IP address also.

If that all checks out try clearing your system cache, while your console is on, hold the power button for 15 seconds, let go, give it a few seconds and turn it back on. I have heard this happening to others before and if clearing cache doesn't work most
    have used the factory reset option on your console to fix the issue but this deletes everything which is really a last resort since you have to re-download all your games. Let me know if you did everything and before doing a factory reset. I'll keep searching
    around for fixes.
  17. Twizted Team Win User

IPv6 isn't required for Xbox One. The download speeds are only estimates on Xbox One and can vary depending of the time of day and how busy Xbox LIVE is. I would recommend sticking with your ISP speed test for best results. On your router do you have
    UPnP enabled? Any port forwarding or DMZ?
Thema:

1. Xbox Live - Multiplayer - Teredo - IPV6 - Similar Threads - Live Multiplayer Teredo

2. Kicked off multiplayer live back to home screen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Kicked off multiplayer live back to home screen.: While playing multiplayer live games I keep getting kicked off back to the Home Screen. I have done all the resets as I’ve seen on the forums. I have also returned my console to Best Buy and got...
  3. Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...: Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying you cannot play Xbox multiplayer you need Xbox live gold is required. Can someone answer my question?...
  4. Domino master multiplayer game tells me to sign in to xbox live. Why

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Domino master multiplayer game tells me to sign in to xbox live. Why: When i attempt to play Domino Master In a multiplayer game im told to sign into xbox live. Why when I'm already signed in 0f155861-cc72-404a-836e-2a096d01b1b9
  5. What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live subscription for online multiplayer gaming in...: What xbox 360 game doesn't need xbox live for online multiplayer gaming in 2023 december? Thanks for the help! :) e0847f0f-9c6d-45f3-a210-034bd52aa141
  6. Gears 5 live multiplayer. Loads Map but never allows me to enter the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 live multiplayer. Loads Map but never allows me to enter the game: I just spent the last 2 days installing and uninstalling then re installing xbox live for pc. I have played Gears 5 without issues recently. Suddenly it takes forever to log into xbox live, then...
  7. Will I still be able to play Black Ops 2 Multiplayer after Xbox Live Gold gets shut down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I still be able to play Black Ops 2 Multiplayer after Xbox Live Gold gets shut down?: I recently bought an Xbox 360 to play Black Ops 2 on. Now that Xbox Live Gold is being shut down, will there still be a way to play online? b6443732-c21f-4098-bb5d-124e738d98fb
  8. Does call of duty black ops 1 require Xbox live or Xbox live gold to use multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does call of duty black ops 1 require Xbox live or Xbox live gold to use multiplayer: I was trying to play cod blackopps and it said my account was unable to connect to Xbox live, I currently have Xbox live silver 5e7b41f8-1c36-4b25-9154-ab0426b94439
  9. Free more games multiplayer experiences from the requirements of Xbox live or gold...

in XboX Insiders
    Free more games multiplayer experiences from the requirements of Xbox live or gold...: Halo Infinite Multiplayer does not require any purchases to play. Though this is inconsequential for many Xbox players, there are many who can’t pay for a live subscription and greatly appreciate...
  10. Game Pass Gold Live cant play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Pass Gold Live cant play multiplayer: Gifted my grandchild a 3-month Gold Live Game Pass so she can play Halo Master chief collection and every time she trys to join multiplayer it goes right to a subscription screen to buy a Game...