Xbox Live/Microsoft Account Age Mess

Discus and support Xbox Live/Microsoft Account Age Mess in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am trying to pick a custom gamerpic for my Xbox Live profile and it won't let me... because i'm not old enough??? I looked it up and what I have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by [AdrianSmith], Sep 4, 2017.

1. Xbox Live/Microsoft Account Age Mess

I am trying to pick a custom gamerpic for my Xbox Live profile and it won't let me... because i'm not old enough???

I looked it up and what I have found says I need to be over 18 AND have an "adult" account to use a custom gamerpic. After changing my account's DOB to a value that would make me over 18 (it was previously set to make me below 18) and leaving and re-entering
    my Xbox "family" as an ADULT account, the system would still not let me use a custom gamerpic after multiple restarts and waiting a day. I contacted Microsoft support via live chat and chatted with one of their Support Personnel and he told me I will never
    be able to upload a custom gamerpic because my original account DOB was set to make me under 18. No matter how many times I change it and no matter how many settings I set to above 18 I cannot upload my own custom gamerpic...

His solution was to use this link: [https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12411/microsoft-account-change-birthdate]

I want to go with option number 1, to provide a valid US Credit Card number, but when I follow the instructions I never get the screen that appears telling me I need an adult to sign in, BECAUSE I AM AN ADULT. This is very confusing and I shouldn't have
    to struggle so much just to change my profile picture on a gaming platform. I know it's for security/liability reasons but this is getting ridiculous.

Does anybody know any way I can properly supply the credit card info to reset the original date in the system so I can finally upload my own custom image and not the random images they supply under featured? I really need help and I dont want to bother another
    support personnel after waiting an hour again.

:)

[AdrianSmith], Sep 4, 2017
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Sep 4, 2017
  3. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    Microsoft Account mess!!

I assume you have already attempted the Lost Account troubleshooter
    HERE

If you are still unable to access your account you can try contacting phone/chat support and see if they are able to assist you
    support.xbox.com/contact-us

bowski477, Sep 4, 2017
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

once set the age of an account can never be changed

You have to wait till your are actually 18

That option does not.affect xbox accounts only ms accounts which have no bearing on the age of the Xbox account

ngocphi, Sep 4, 2017
  5. The Live Support Personnel told me I can fix this issue by using Option 1 or Option 2 on the page to reset the age that was originally used for my account, fixing how my account appears in the system, but I cannot reach the "ask a parent to sign in for you"
    screen because i am an adult... this entire system is filled with holes and makes no sense whatsoever... it's so frustrating.

[AdrianSmith], Sep 4, 2017
  6. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    I'm sorry that support misdirected you. But the birthdate listed on your Xbox account is permanent. There is no way to change it. The process on that link will not change the birthdate on your Xbox account.

bowski477, Sep 4, 2017
  7. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    as bowski mentioned it doesn't solve your problem a d only adds more problems as child accounts still need a parental account

As mentioned there is no way to change your age just like in real.life

You can't even fake your age in real life what makes you think otherwise?

ngocphi, Nov 1, 2018
  8. ngocphi Win User

as bowski mentioned it doesn't solve your problem a d only adds more problems as child accounts still need a parental account

As mentioned there is no way to change your age just like in real.life

You can't even fake your age in real life what makes you think otherwise?
  9. bowski477 Win User

I'm sorry that support misdirected you. But the birthdate listed on your Xbox account is permanent. There is no way to change it. The process on that link will not change the birthdate on your Xbox account.
  10. ngocphi Win User

once set the age of an account can never be changed

You have to wait till your are actually 18

That option does not.affect xbox accounts only ms accounts which have no bearing on the age of the Xbox account
  11. [AdrianSmith] Win User

The Live Support Personnel told me I can fix this issue by using Option 1 or Option 2 on the page to reset the age that was originally used for my account, fixing how my account appears in the system, but I cannot reach the "ask a parent to sign in for you"
    screen because i am an adult... this entire system is filled with holes and makes no sense whatsoever... it's so frustrating.
  12. XBF Diego M Win User

Why can't I sign into my Xbox account on Xbox.com?

Hi there!

Thank you for coming to the forums, I'd be happy to help.

It definitely sounds like a very interesting issue that is just affecting your Xbox Live account when visiting xbox.com. One thing I noticed from your description is that you said you changed your age back to your real age on the same account you used to
    play online that had an older age, however I'm not sure how that is possible because you cannot alter the age of an Xbox profile once it was created. The age you have on your Microsoft account does not mean that the age of the Xbox Live profile has changed
    at all. This is why you can still sign in to the console and the app because your account is still technically the age that was used when it was initially created.

Right now your account has an age mismatch due to your age being different from your main Microsoft account and the age of your Xbox profile, which is just an extension to your Microsoft account due to the various services Microsoft provides. I think if
    you change your age on the Microsoft account back to the same birthdate that was used on account creation, the issue will be resolved. This is why your browser keeps re-directing you to age related support pages.

Change your age back and let us know if that helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live/Microsoft Account Age Mess - Similar Threads - Live Microsoft Account

2. Can my Xbox live account be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can my Xbox live account be transferred to a new Microsoft Account?: I was recently locked out of my Microsoft account after some else gained access to it and fraudulently purchased items. My attempts to recover the account and verify that I am the owner have been...
  3. How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to change 2 Microsoft accounts that are both associated with Xbox live gamer tags: Hi how can I change one Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag to another Microsoft email account that’s associated with a Xbox live gamer tag can this be done. Will...
  4. I can't access my Microsoft live account. I have submitted account recovery requests...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my Microsoft live account. I have submitted account recovery requests...: Soooo I am lacked out of my Microsoft account (email). I have tried submitting multiple account recovery requests unsuccessfully. I have Xbox live, I'm paying for his at the moment and can't...
  5. it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    it is 2023 almost 2024 and we still cant move a xbox live account to a different Microsoft...: tens of thousands of parents created a xbox live account for their children on Christmas day so they could play as soon as possible. nobody at microsoft thought maybe those kids grow up and would...
  6. How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to gain access to xbox live account if a hacker deleted my microsoft email and added...: Recently, my microsoft account was hacked, with someone adding their own email and deleting mine(**Removed PII**). I had to make a new microsoft with the same email(**Removed PII**), and now don't...
  7. How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I delete my Xbox live account without deleting my entire Microsoft account?: I created an Xbox live account like 5 years ago so I could play on my ex's console, but we broke up like 6 months later and I totally forgot about the account until I randomly started getting...
  8. Microsoft Live account locked and unrecoverable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Live account locked and unrecoverable: My xbox/Live account that i have had and used for over 15 years has been hacked. I recovered the password and then microsoft has locked my account. Ive starte the recovery proccess, everytime i...
  9. If I redeem an xbox live code for fortnite on my Microsoft account will I be able to claim...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I redeem an xbox live code for fortnite on my Microsoft account will I be able to claim...: So I was thinking of purchasing an Xbox live code for a fortnite item online but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to claim it through cloud gaming since I don't have an Xbox to claim it through. If I...
  10. Cannot log into Microsoft Live or Xbox account using my sons login

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot log into Microsoft Live or Xbox account using my sons login: Hi I'm currently trying to login to my sons Xbox profile. But every time I try to login nothing happens. I enter his mail account and a one time pass key is send to his mail. I use this key and...