Xbox LIVE GOLD second user.

Discus and support Xbox LIVE GOLD second user. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Trying to get my Son online to play Plant V zombies. He's having to play on my account at the moment because it say's he doesn't have permit ion to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lemming-94153E1A-FEFA-4C7D-8C7E-E2F5FB625A0F, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Xbox LIVE GOLD second user.

Trying to get my Son online to play Plant V zombies. He's having to play on my account at the moment because it say's he doesn't have permit ion to play on LIVE.

Background.

He's 8 year old, had his own account for 12 months (since we got the Xbox ONE) I've been a gold member for 11 years but never tried getting anyone else online with my account.

Am I missing something real simple?

If so could some one give me a step by step guide to giving him online permission (with me policing consent)

Cheers

:)

Lemming-94153E1A-FEFA-4C7D-8C7E-E2F5FB625A0F, Nov 7, 2014
  2. turk3y
    turk3y Guest
    Xbox One Price drop

I think so yes but for a single xbox, it takes the single live account and all users can access features behind the paywall as if they had gold on that console.

arthurdentpc has 3 xbox's tho, and the old "family" bundle allowed each user to effectively have their own gold membership, so gold on each user which translated to gold on each console, now its gold to anyone on the single xbox....

So I assume on single xbox families the new system is much better, but on multiple xbox families its not as good. Its not super clear tho how this new gold system will work on xbox one, but it does read like arthur is shafted rather unfairly in this new scenario.

turk3y, Nov 7, 2014
  3. STANNY08
    STANNY08 Guest
    Xbox One Price drop

If that is the case who gets to use their gold account on other machines? They've clearly said that. Just like now, your live subscription follows you to whatever Xbox console you use. So who on that original console can take their account to another console?

STANNY08, Nov 7, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

If your son does not have a Gold membership he will not be able to play online games. You can share your membership with him on the Xbox One though. Go to Settings and scroll right until you see Add to Family. Add your son there and he will be able to
    use your Gold membership on his account.

onyxishere, Nov 8, 2014
  5. Not according to this..

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

"

At home with Xbox One

As an Xbox Live Gold member, you can share the benefits of Xbox Live Gold with others while they’re using your Xbox One console in your home. Friends and family can simply create their own account and gamertag on the console, which gives them the ability
    to enjoy Xbox Live online multiplayer gaming.

Friends or family members with their own gamertags coming over to play? No problem. They can log in and play online multiplayer games, even if you sign off"

and yet it will not allow him to play online.

Lemming-94153E1A-FEFA-4C7D-8C7E-E2F5FB625A0F, Nov 9, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    You still need to add him to your family on the console.

If he is unable to play games online then you may need to change his privacy settings. You can do so at this link.

account.xbox.com/Settings

onyxishere, Nov 9, 2014
  7. Looks like I was a little over protective on his settings. All good now, Thank you.

Lemming-94153E1A-FEFA-4C7D-8C7E-E2F5FB625A0F, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Lemming-94153E1A-FEF Win User

Not according to this..

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

"

At home with Xbox One

As an Xbox Live Gold member, you can share the benefits of Xbox Live Gold with others while they’re using your Xbox One console in your home. Friends and family can simply create their own account and gamertag on the console, which gives them the ability
    to enjoy Xbox Live online multiplayer gaming.

Friends or family members with their own gamertags coming over to play? No problem. They can log in and play online multiplayer games, even if you sign off"

and yet it will not allow him to play online.
  9. Lemming-94153E1A-FEF Win User

Looks like I was a little over protective on his settings. All good now, Thank you.
  10. onyxishere Win User

You still need to add him to your family on the console.

If he is unable to play games online then you may need to change his privacy settings. You can do so at this link.

account.xbox.com/Settings
  11. onyxishere Win User

If your son does not have a Gold membership he will not be able to play online games. You can share your membership with him on the Xbox One though. Go to Settings and scroll right until you see Add to Family. Add your son there and he will be able to
    use your Gold membership on his account.
  12. HassanB Win User

Family Gold Question

Hello cptmajestic1 - You can add the second member to your XBOX Live Family Gold Pack by following the directions on this page:

support.xbox.com/.../managing-family-members.aspx. As soon as that process completes and the user shows up as Gold then you should be able to use the second account to play on XBOX Live as well.
Thema:

1. Xbox LIVE GOLD second user. - Similar Threads - LIVE GOLD second

2. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  3. Xbox gold live 3 month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold live 3 month: Bought a 3 month xbox live gold for my son for Christmas and last month I tried to add it to his console and it would not put it on. Just last week I tried to add it and it said code was not...
  4. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  5. How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?: I still don’t have the Xbox Live Gold profile badge that Xbox gave everyone in September. I have had an active Gold account for many years with no pause. c5b2669f-5fe1-44dc-b9cc-7fa51bea073a
  6. How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...: I need help so I don’t lose my full subscription 94d1d692-146c-48bf-b16a-73f1dd8755b2
  7. I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this: I have xbox live and gold but still can't access gta 5 online nor cod y is this 1ad954fd-c0ed-4a0e-86e0-2de687f621c2
  8. Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...: I changed my gamertag for free once and I don't like it. (This is on a different account. I am just using this one for the form.) 2a2f7bbf-a2ac-49fd-9d0f-0249cf741282
  9. How to share xbox gold live membership with second user at home on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to share xbox gold live membership with second user at home on Xbox 360?: How to share Xbox gold live membership with second user at home on Xbox 360? We both have separate profile for achievements. bf4f9dbb-db81-4b5e-bc7f-dc672e81f224
  10. Xbox Live Gold won't share to second console

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Live Gold won't share to second console: I have made one console the home box...I have the second completely set up. But....it won't allow live? What am I doing wrong? I have been in two chats with no luck what so ever. I wonder if...