xbox live gold payment options

Discus and support xbox live gold payment options in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I pay monthly for a 12 month subscription or does it have to be paid for all at once? 455adbc2-0f15-4a39-8140-89543a614c5d Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chewyda1, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Chewyda1
    Chewyda1 Guest

Can I pay monthly for a 12 month subscription or does it have to be paid for all at once?

:)

Chewyda1, Jan 6, 2014
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Manage your Xbox LIVE payment options

Overview

You can choose to use more than one payment method for your Xbox LIVE account. The payment options include credit cards and PayPal accounts. You can use these payment options to buy items from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

The 2-year Xbox LIVE Gold Contract uses only credit cards as the payment option. The other payment options like Debit Cards, Prepaid cards and PayPal are not valid for this subscription. However, you can change your payment to another credit card.

If it is before the end of the two years and there is no credit card associated with your account, it is assumed you have terminated the subscription, and you will be charged an Early Termination Fee and any applicable taxes.

It is easy to edit your payment options on your console or at Xbox.com

Steps to Follow

Add or change a payment option using your console

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to Sign in.

2) Proceed to Settings and then select Account.

3) Select Manage Payment Options, and then choose either of the following:
    • If you want to add a new credit card, select Add Credit Card.
    • If you want to use your PayPal account on Xbox LIVE, select Add PayPal. You will be required to enter your PayPal username and password. Follow the instructions to add PayPal as a payment option. You cannot use PayPal as a payment option for the 2 year Xbox LIVE Gold Contract. PayPal is not available in all regions.
    4) After making changes to payment options, select Update Payment Option.

Add or Change a payment option on Xbox.com

1) Go to My Account.

2) Select Payments and Billings and click on Manage Payment Options.

3) You may be required to Sign in using your Microsoft account (email and password).

4) Proceed to do either of the following:

If you want to edit a payment option, select Edit.

If you want to add a payment option, you can do either of the following:
    • Click on Add New Credit Card and enter the credit card information
    • Click on PAY with PayPal and follow the instructions.

xboxfelix, Jan 6, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to Renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Overview of Xbox LIVE Renewal

When your current Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is about to run out, you will get a renewal message on your screen.

• Month-to-month membership- Notification comes 15 days in advance
    • 3 or 12 month membership- Notification comes 30 days in advance
    Xbox LIVE membership can be renewed using a credit card, a debit card, or a Prepaid Gold Membership Card.

If your automatic membership renewal (auto renewal) is set to off, you can purchase a new subscription or use a prepaid membership card to renew your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.

Renew with a payment option by purchasing a new membership:

Steps to Follow

1) Use your Xbox LIVE gamertag to sign in.

2) Under Settings, select Account.

3) Proceed to Your Memberships, and select the membership that you currently have (for example Xbox LIVE Gold)

4) Select Modify Membership and you will be presented with a list of renewal options. If you are on an Xbox LIVE Free Membership, you can choose to upgrade to Gold Membership.

5) Select a membership option, then Confirm Purchase.

Once you have confirmed your purchase, the following will happen:

• The payment option you are using will be charged immediately.
    • The time subscription plan you have just purchased will be added to your remaining subscription time.
    • Your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership will be activated and auto renewal turned on.
    Take note:

If you use a credit card as your payment option, you cannot remove it on file until your current membership expires.

There is a procedure you can follow to add or change your Xbox LIVE payment option.

Renew with a prepaid membership card

It is possible to renew your Xbox LIVE membership using a Prepaid Microsoft Gold Membership Card. This card is available at retail locations.

If you choose to redeem a prepaid Xbox LIVE membership code, you will be added time to your existing Xbox LIVE membership, while your renewal settings will remain unchanged.

How to turn on auto renewal (for existing membership):

If you are already on Xbox LIVE Gold of Family Pack membership and you want to turn on auto renewal without purchasing new membership, you should contact Xbox Support.

How to Troubleshoot Xbox LIVE renewal:

If there are issues with your Xbox LIVE account, you might receive the following messages. The solutions are provided below:

• Error: Your credit card has been declined several times by our billing service.
    This means that your credit card has expired, or the information on it has been changed. To solve this problem, there is a procedure you can follow to change payment option for Xbox LIVE membership.

• Error: 8015d080
    In case you receive this error message, you need to contact Xbox Support.

xboxfelix, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

No. You can pay for a monthly subscription or you can pay for all 12 months at once. A monthly subscription would cost more in the long run.

Smwutches, Jan 6, 2014
  5. DangerousBard Win User

paypal

Hello,

The Gold trial is associated with a single gamertag and can’t be added to an existing membership, also if you have already used the Gold trial for three times you can't use it anymore.

To know more regarding the gold membership trial check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../trial-gold-membership

to add a payment option to your Xbox Live account you should follow the steps in this support link:

support.xbox.com/.../add-xbox-live-payment-option
  6. Taleson Win User

I loaded enough 3 month xbox live cards to keep me current til 04/2014...

7. Megavolt480 Win User

Recurring membership

8. pjohnson PJ666 Win User

Idk

Update Account There is a problem with your payment option. Please update your payment information to continue your Xbox LIVE membership. You have two options to update your Xbox LIVE membership: edit an existing payment method or add a new one.

Prepaid 12M Xbox LIVE Gold

You do not have any payment options on file.
  9. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Would like to try

Hi there,

Even though the Xbox Live Gold trial subscription is free, we need a payment option on file because the subscription will renew to a paid Xbox Live Gold subscription unless you cancel it. You must add a payment option such as a credit card or PayPal to your
    account for it. If you don’t want a paid Xbox Live Gold subscription after your Xbox Live Gold trial subscription ends, you will need to cancel it.

Hopefully that answers your question!
Thema:

1. xbox live gold payment options - Similar Threads - live gold payment

2. Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Payment Pending.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Payment Pending.: I have my Xbox Live Gold Subscription on recurring billing (12 Month Subscription) and today is the day the subscription runs out and should auto renew. However, I've noticed that all day the...
  3. Minecraft disappeared after Xbox Live Gold lapsed and re-subscribed with new payment details

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft disappeared after Xbox Live Gold lapsed and re-subscribed with new payment details: Hello, Minecraft has gone. I think Xbox Live Gold lapsed and Minecraft must've been bundled with that or something. When I changed payment details, Xbox Live came back, but Minecraft just threw...
  4. Xbox Live Gold Past-Due Payment, Can't Afford Full Year Subscription Price It Demands?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold Past-Due Payment, Can't Afford Full Year Subscription Price It Demands?: Hey there, So last year I had a year-long subscription to Gold, towards the end of the year I hadn't played anything for several months. I had gotten a new card since then, and when the...
  5. I can not redeem Xbox Live Gold because the payment option on game pass ultimate was declined

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not redeem Xbox Live Gold because the payment option on game pass ultimate was declined: I'm trying to redeem my Xbox Live Gold card, but it won't let me. I've been trying to cancel the subscription but it won't let me as well. I just want to play my games, and I am not able to pay...
  6. No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No payment option available when trying to get a xbox 360 game via Gold live for xbox one: Hey there! I've been trying to get " Tekken tag tournament 2", since it's free on gold now. Thing is, after I select it and click see price, then I click continue, there are no payment options...
  7. XBOX LIVE GOLD not working after payment

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX LIVE GOLD not working after payment: I paid my xbox live gold a couple of days ago but every time I attempt to do anything that requires gold it asks me to buy it. I have tried to reset my xbox, checked it was right account, removed...
  8. Live gold bloqueado por falta de pago [Translation - Live gold blocked for non-payment]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live gold bloqueado por falta de pago [Translation - Live gold blocked for non-payment]: Cambie mi tarjeta de débito, pero tengo crédito en mi cuenta de Xbox y no me deja pagar la suscripción de live gold ni el game pass, como puedo pagar estas suscripciones con mi crédito en...
  9. Xbox Live Gold Pay-Pal Payment Isn't Working

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold Pay-Pal Payment Isn't Working: I'm trying to subscribe to a 12-Month Xbox Live Subscription using my Pay-Pal as payment because my 3-month subscription ends today, but it keeps coming up with the error "PUR-ProcessorDeclined"...
  10. Xbox live gold payment pending

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live gold payment pending: My xbox live gold payment still says its pending rather than completed. The payment should have been taken 2 weeks ago. What can I do to fix this? fd29bcf8-93e4-4df5-afb3-74d4084d09a0