Xbox Live Gold only works on Child account when parent logged in

Discus and support Xbox Live Gold only works on Child account when parent logged in in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a subscription for Live Gold which should work for all accounts. However, on the child account for my son it does not work unless i log in with... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by jan001122, Aug 26, 2018.

1. jan001122
    jan001122 Guest

I have a subscription for Live Gold which should work for all accounts. However, on the child account for my son it does not work unless i log in with the main adult account from which i bought it. I gave him a child account so i can set a time limit. Now
    he has to wait until i am there. Plus, once i am logged into my main account he can always switch over when his time is up, so it defeats the purpose to have a child account

Also, he is playing Fortnite, which requires the subscription. Not sure if that is relevant and it is some Fortnite specific problem, but it seems a Xbox problem

:)

jan001122, Aug 26, 2018
  2. jet96x
    jet96x Guest
    New to Xbox, question about gold

So new to Xbox one and got my son one for Xmas. Have two accounts (a parent and child account) setup. If I purchase a gold membership for the parent account does the child account get to use it too? Does the parent account have to be signed in for the
    child account to use it? Seems like the digital content we purchased requires the parent account to remain logged in for the child account to play them, wasn't sure if this worked same way. Thanks

jet96x, Aug 26, 2018
  3. Unable to download new profile, get 80150016 xbox live error

Xbox 360. Bought game and needed a live Gold account. Bought 1 year Gold membership. Tied child account to parent account. Parent account already on the Xbox showing "Live". Worked with Support to get the 25 digit Live Gold number in the system. Since
    child account has to be linked to parent, when signing in to download a new profile, we use the parent account to sign in.

We created a new profile on the Xbox for the 2nd child.

When choosing, "Download a new profile", the Parent account name and the first child account show up as already in place on the USB attached. (32GB USB attached for more storage)

The new account name for the second child is listed, but does not show that it is anywhere. When selecting the second child account in the download section, I immediately get the 80150016 Cannot download error. We are choosing the USB because the System
    memory that is in the Xbox is almost full and we are attempting to put the new profile on the USB.

It does not start to download, it fails immediately.

Cleared the cache on the machine 3 times with accessories unplugged. Same problem. At wits end!

SweetNSourCandy, Aug 26, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Smwutches, Aug 26, 2018
  5. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    EggsBoxJuan, Aug 26, 2018
  6. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest
    Hi

Is the vococon your son uses set as your Home console?

gds1972, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: