xbox live gold just purchased, but family member can't use it so far

Discus and support xbox live gold just purchased, but family member can't use it so far in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, I'm the home account holder (is that what you call it?). I've just bought subscribed for a year to Xbox Live Gold on Microsoft.com. I didn't see... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JimLineen, Jul 5, 2020.

1. JimLineen
    JimLineen Guest

Hi, I'm the home account holder (is that what you call it?). I've just bought subscribed for a year to Xbox Live Gold on Microsoft.com. I didn't see any Redeem Code once I had paid.

The problem is, my son has just downloaded a game (Roblox), and each time he tries to begin playing, the system asks him to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold and prompts him to either 'Use a Code' or 'No thanks'. Where do get a code now that I've paid??

Regards, Jim.

:)

JimLineen, Jul 5, 2020
  2. JimLineen Win User

Thanks Peter,

Home xbox is confirmed and we see the subscription online and on the xbox too, and we've retried under my sons profile (where GOLD does not show up beside his profile name)
  3. Peter R Fleming Win User

The GOLD tag will only show up on the profile that has brought the subscription.

By default children cannot play online, you will need to change your child's Privacy and Online safety settings, the easiest way to do this is by setting up a Family Group here (if you haven't already) https://account.microsoft.com/family/ then
    go to https://account.xbox.com/settings and select your child's Gamertag then press Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety Join multiplayer games is enabled.

Also, you may not know there is a brand new Family Settings app for Android and IOS within the app you can:

• Set communication limits and allow online multiplayer in each child’s Xbox profile
    • Gain insight into your family’s Xbox gaming activity with daily and weekly activity reports
    • Set console screen time for your children
    • Block or unblock content including particular games and apps and set age rating
    • Stay on top of incoming friend requests
    • Manage privacy and online safety setting for each child
    • And much more!
    You can find out more and download the app here https://www.xbox.com/apps/family-settings-app

If that doesn't work please remove the account with the gold subscription from the Xbox then add it again.
  4. Peter R Fleming Win User

5. TheWhiteTigeRR Win User

XBox Live Family Pack

The Xbox live Family pack has a unified billing system, so With the Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, only the primary Family Pack member (which is you) may make purchases on Xbox LIVE for other family pack members, the main account can give the other accounts
    points though. However if she receives a gift card or something anything she purchase will be licensed to the original console she used to buy the item (game, movie..etc) and her individual Gold account. More details can be
    found here.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Changing head of Family

Q: What is unified billing?

A: With the Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, only the primary Family Pack member (often a parent or caregiver) may make purchases on Xbox LIVE for other Family Pack members, so that you can more easily manage your family’s entertainment budget.

-

So I would guess that only the primary account holder could purchase games etc.
Thema:

1. xbox live gold just purchased, but family member can't use it so far - Similar Threads - live gold purchased

2. I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87

in XboX Insiders
    I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87: I didn't receive the Xbox, live gold badge. for tcb87 for my profile. submitted by /u/Beginning_Canary_160 [link] [comments]
  3. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  4. Xbox gold live 3 month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold live 3 month: Bought a 3 month xbox live gold for my son for Christmas and last month I tried to add it to his console and it would not put it on. Just last week I tried to add it and it said code was not...
  5. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  6. How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?: I still don’t have the Xbox Live Gold profile badge that Xbox gave everyone in September. I have had an active Gold account for many years with no pause. c5b2669f-5fe1-44dc-b9cc-7fa51bea073a
  7. How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...: I need help so I don’t lose my full subscription 94d1d692-146c-48bf-b16a-73f1dd8755b2
  8. I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this: I have xbox live and gold but still can't access gta 5 online nor cod y is this 1ad954fd-c0ed-4a0e-86e0-2de687f621c2
  9. I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...: xbox live gold not working 2d99fcab-bff0-4f66-b104-50bf8080a913
  10. Purchased xbox live gold by mistake and then purchased xbox game pass which my son wanted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased xbox live gold by mistake and then purchased xbox game pass which my son wanted.: Xbox live gold membership dissapeared. Is there a way to get that licence back - can it be reused at a later time or be refunded? It wasn't used at all. d05871e6-f802-4da7-b281-3d4a587a418a