Xbox Live Gold discount bought as a Gift

Discus and support Xbox Live Gold discount bought as a Gift in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I recently purchased an xbox Live Gold 1 year subscription for my grandson as a gift. Instead of charging me the special price of 39.99, it charged me... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by LucidCaribou416, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Xbox Live Gold discount bought as a Gift

I recently purchased an xbox Live Gold 1 year subscription for my grandson as a gift. Instead of charging me the special price of 39.99, it charged me $59.99. Does this mean that the special price only applies when you buy it for yourself?

:)

LucidCaribou416, Jul 29, 2018
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    XBOX Live Gift Cards

There’s Xbox gift cards, which can be spent on anything in the store, and then there are Xbox Live subscription cards. If you bought a card specifically for Gold, then it’s just for that. I would go back to the store and exchange it for Xbox gift cards.

ClNTRoN, Jul 29, 2018
  3. jshigashi
    jshigashi Guest
    XBOX Live Gift Cards

Hi All,

Forgive my ignorance, but my wife just bought $60 gift cards that certainly appear to be for a 12 month XBOX Live Gold Subscription.

Our intent was to buy gift cards for my nephews that they can spend whatever they want.

Do the gift cards have to be spent on the Gold subscription, or can they be spent elsewhere?

jshigashi, Jul 29, 2018
  4. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest

M3tal Daz3, Jul 29, 2018
  5. The same occurred to me. Microsoft Support was unwilling to resolve. This is breach of the law in our jurisdiction and has been reported to the relevant regulatory authority

CorniestSmile15, Nov 3, 2018
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

7. CorniestSmile15 Win User

The same occurred to me. Microsoft Support was unwilling to resolve. This is breach of the law in our jurisdiction and has been reported to the relevant regulatory authority
  8. luissolid Win User

Xbox live gold sharing not working.

Hello! Remember the account that purchase Xbox Live Gold it's the account that have the discount benefits.

In this case what you can do is purchase the game as a gift so you can give the game to your son account and use the gold discount with your account.

Hope that works for you!

Regards!
  9. Shaun Punnoose Win User

Microsoft Rewards why am I still lvl 2 after upgrading to GPU an not Lvl 2 + gold

I'm really sorry I just have one more question. Since I have the Level 2 + Xbox Live Gold, wouldn't that mean I would get the level 2 discount when redeeming a gift card?
  10. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Microsoft please explain.

Exclusions include Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions, Xbox MUSIC passes, Zune passes (now defunct), NetFlix/Hulu/App subscription services, 3rd party app purchases, various other things depending upon region.

Link: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/microsoft-points/microsoft-points-retire-faq

Also working at a store doesn't give someone a discount to gift cards. Gift cards are the same as cash and legally cannot be discounted as an employment perk.

People without credit cards are able to use their banking cards or PayPal.

ngocphi -- Gold is Gold. Prepaid or credit card you still get the exact same privileges.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live Gold discount bought as a Gift - Similar Threads - Live Gold discount

2. Xbox Live Gold Discount not taken into consideration

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold Discount not taken into consideration: I have just purchased Battlefront 2 on Xbox One but my Xbox Live Gold membership was not taken into account & so I paid £19.99 instead of £7.99. My subscription has been ongoing since 27th...
  3. Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game: Hi, My son wants to purchase Far Cry New Dawn Deluxe Edition from our only console. When he visits the store he sees two prices displayed: AU$33.98 with Xbox Live Gold, or AU$42.47 If I...
  4. Xbox live Gold Subscription renewed before we were able to use our Company Store Discount

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live Gold Subscription renewed before we were able to use our Company Store Discount: Our subscription auto-renewed. It was my understanding that we had that set to NOT auto-renew. Because we always get a Friends and Family discount through the Company Store. I have the discount,...
  5. In the store on the game page does not show the discount live gold subscription

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    In the store on the game page does not show the discount live gold subscription: On the main page of discounts, live gold subscriptions show a 75 percent discount on the game - DmC Devil May Cry, but when you switch to the game itself it does not show this discount and when...
  6. xbox live gold 33% discount offer in dashboard

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live gold 33% discount offer in dashboard: I have the offer, but when I click the options to take advantage of it, it still shows as £39.99 instead of £26.50. How do I actually take advantage of the offer - I get as far as card details...
  7. Discount promotion when buying Xbox Live Gold

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Discount promotion when buying Xbox Live Gold: My subscription to xbox live gold for 1 year is over and I need to buy it again. The last years I have a discount of 33% discount; that is, he paid 666 Mexican pesos. Now that I need to pay it...
  8. Xbox Live Gold Discount Error

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold Discount Error: Hey Everyone, I Made This Post To Bring Up An Error That Has Occurred With My Xbox Live Gold Membership, The Problem That Has Occurred Is That When I Try To Buy Games With The Gold Discount, Such...
  9. Xbox live gold discount promotion

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox live gold discount promotion: I have just renewed my Xbox live gold via a special offer on my Xbox for £26.50, but the full amount of £39.99 has been taken. Can someone help please? b9b00ab5-19c0-4396-bdf8-b99a14e7eac1
  10. No discount when buying with Live Gold??

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No discount when buying with Live Gold??: Hello, I have Xbox One with active Live Gold and I've just bought on Spring Sale Red Dead Redemption, that is made for Xbox 360 with backward compatibility, via Red Dead Redemption According to...