XBox Live Gold - Added to wrong member in Family Account

Discus and support XBox Live Gold - Added to wrong member in Family Account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am new to Xbox and Microsoft (a rare person I must admit) but whilst setting up my daughters Xbox ONE S, I made a school boy error so it would seem.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Buck1975, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Buck1975
    Buck1975 Guest

I am new to Xbox and Microsoft (a rare person I must admit) but whilst setting up my daughters Xbox ONE S, I made a school boy error so it would seem. I set up the Family Microsoft account, i.e. me as the administrator and then my son and daughter as members.
    I then added these onto the Xbox, but then stupidly forgot to switch account back to the primary, i.e. switch to mine to add the XBox Live Gold (redeem code) voucher, instead I added it to my daughters account. Is there anyway this can be transferred to the
    primary account, i..e mine so that the we can all share the benefit rather than only my daughter.

Help to this novice is much appreciated.

Adrian

:)

Buck1975, Jul 3, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. RetroFx ✔️ Win User

Contact Xbox live support and they will transfer over the gold for you :)
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Buck,

As the question has been answered, I will go ahead and lock this thread as to prevent repetitive answers. Feel free to come back anytime if you have a question or issue.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Xyft Rise Win User

Please xbox live gold costs to much i really think if u take out gold at least for fortnite you will grow in population and i cannot afford it
  5. Buck1975 Win User

Thanks, most appreciated and will do.
  6. Killn The Drama Win User

Merging current xbox live accounts into family pack

Add someone to a Gold Family Pack

Notes

• Only the primary account can add a member (secondary account) to a Gold Family Pack. If you’re adding an existing account, you’ll need the Windows Live ID and password of the account that you’re adding.
    • If the account that you want to add to your Family Pack is not stored on your console, you’ll need to

download the Xbox LIVE gamertag
    • Existing Xbox LIVE accounts keep all Microsoft Points and gamerscores when you add them to the Gold Family Pack.
    Console steps: Add someone to a Gold Family Pack

1. On your console, sign into Xbox LIVE with the primary account for the Gold Family Pack.

1. Go to Settings, and then select Family.

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

1. Select Add Family Member.

1. Under Your Gold Family Pack, select Available: Add Gold Family Member.
    Note If you don’t see an ‘Available’ member, you may need to remove a member before adding a new member. The Gold Family Pack can have three secondary members.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Select an existing gamertag on your console.
    • Select Create New Profile.

1. Follow the on-screen instructions.
      • If you’re adding an existing Xbox LIVE account to your Family Pack, you’ll need the Windows Live ID and password for this account.

• If you’re creating a new Xbox LIVE account, you’ll need a Windows Live ID. If you don't have one,
      sign up for a free Windows Live account on your computer or a Windows Live ID will be created for you during the sign up process.
    1. Complete the on-screen steps to add the member to the Gold Family Pack.
    If you receive an error while adding a member to the Gold Family Pack, see
    Troubleshooting Gold Family Pack
    for more information.

Notes

• Once an account is added to the Gold Family pack, the secondary account becomes parentally controlled by the primary account. This change can limit the types of content an account can purchase or download on Xbox LIVE.
    • The final screen explains how existing Gold membership time is added to the Gold Family Pack. The Gold Family Pack receives one month of additional membership time for every two months of remaining Xbox LIVE Gold time. For example, if the secondary account
      has six months remaining on their Xbox LIVE Gold Membership, three months are added to the Gold Family Pack membership.
    Computer steps: Add someone to a Gold Family Pack

1. Go to the Family Center.
    2. Click Add Family Member
    3. Enter the email address for the family member’s Windows Live ID. If you don’t know a family member’s Windows Live ID, see

Manage your Windows Live ID
      for help.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter their Windows Live ID password and add them to the family.
    Note If you created a new Xbox LIVE account using the above computer steps, you’ll need to download this account to your Xbox 360 console. For information on how to do this, see

Move, delete, or download your Xbox LIVE gamertag
Thema:

1. XBox Live Gold - Added to wrong member in Family Account - Similar Threads - Live Gold Added

2. I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87

in XboX Insiders
    I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87: I didn't receive the Xbox, live gold badge. for tcb87 for my profile. submitted by /u/Beginning_Canary_160 [link] [comments]
  3. Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.

in XboX Insiders
    Missing Xbox Live Gold Memorial Badge on account.: It's been 8 months since the rollout began and I never got it on my profile and I'm on the alpha skip ahead builds on console, I don't know if it's a bug or not? submitted by /u/mtaraylz...
  4. Xbox gold live 3 month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold live 3 month: Bought a 3 month xbox live gold for my son for Christmas and last month I tried to add it to his console and it would not put it on. Just last week I tried to add it and it said code was not...
  5. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  6. How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I contact Xbox to receive my Xbox Live Gold badge?: I still don’t have the Xbox Live Gold profile badge that Xbox gave everyone in September. I have had an active Gold account for many years with no pause. c5b2669f-5fe1-44dc-b9cc-7fa51bea073a
  7. How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I redeem a 12 month Xbox live gold subscription and keep my ultimate for 12 months...: I need help so I don’t lose my full subscription 94d1d692-146c-48bf-b16a-73f1dd8755b2
  8. I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have xbox live and gold but it still won't allow me to play with friends. Y is this: I have xbox live and gold but still can't access gta 5 online nor cod y is this 1ad954fd-c0ed-4a0e-86e0-2de687f621c2
  9. I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought xbox live gold 1 month then a 3 month and none of them are going through what is...: xbox live gold not working 2d99fcab-bff0-4f66-b104-50bf8080a913
  10. Problems with Xbox Live Gold badge

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with Xbox Live Gold badge: Good morning. I've been waiting for a couple of months for the Xbox Live Gold badge to be added to my profile.. What should I do? I have been using the services that Xbox has for many years....