Xbox Live connectivity - Teredo not in device manager

Discus and support Xbox Live connectivity - Teredo not in device manager in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am having the widely known Xbox live issue (Teredo unable to qualify NAT, Server connection blocked) NONE of the solutions on the xbox or microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RegentFlunder34, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Xbox Live connectivity - Teredo not in device manager

I am having the widely known Xbox live issue (Teredo unable to qualify NAT, Server connection blocked)

NONE of the solutions on the xbox or microsoft forums worked. I cannot reinstall teredo because it is simply not there. I tried setting registry keys, opening ports, restarting services, disabling it in netsh. NOTHING WORKED. I cant decribe how mad i am,
    i spend 5 hours of my free time already just to be able to play one game.

Teredo is not showing under hidden devices and i cannot install it manually through "Add legacy hardware" because its not there either.

I talked to someone from xbox support and 2 people from microsoft support, but since every supporter didnt even bother to read what i said and nothing worked, this is my last hope...

:)

RegentFlunder34, Dec 1, 2018
  2. KindaBusted
    KindaBusted Guest
    Teredo address not obtained in XBOX app

Some more info.

After first boot of the day Teredo wasn't working so I went & checked device manager.

I found that teredo was there but faded out and I had this error under the properties tab.

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

KindaBusted, Dec 1, 2018
  3. M3tal Daz3
    M3tal Daz3 Guest
    Teredo is unable to qualify

Teredo is a networking protocol that’s used to establish secure communications between clients and servers, and to facilitate connectivity between devices behind routers that use network address translation
    (NAT).

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol. Without a Teredo IP address, you’ll be
    unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

Check to see if Teredo connectivity is blocked when a VPN client is connected, or while a VPN network adapter is installed

Some VPN clients will disable Teredo connectivity while the VPN client is connected, and some VPN clients that install a network adapter that will disable Teredo until the VPN adapter is removed. If you’ve
    installed a VPN client and Teredo is still disabled even while the VPN client is disconnected, check to see if you have a network adapter named
    TAP-Windows Adapter V9 installed:

1. Right-click the Start icon, and then select Device Manager.
    2. Select View > Show Hidden Devices.
    3. Select Network Adapters.
    4. Identify any adapters that have a name like TAP-Windows Adapter V9. Right-click the adapter name, and then select
      Uninstall.
      Note While uninstalling the VPN network adapter should unblock Teredo connectivity, this will also likely cause issues with the VPN client software. If you still require VPN functionality along with Teredo support, refer to the support documentation
      for the VPN client.

M3tal Daz3, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest

I had the same issue, with Teredo not showing up anywhere, even in the add legacy hardware area. The following steps fixed it for me:

1) Press
    Windows key + x
    and select Command prompt (Admin). (This may show up as Powershell (Admin))

2) Type "netsh" and ENTER.

3) Type "int teredo" and ENTER.

4) Type "set state disabled" and ENTER.

5) Open Device Manager and uninstall "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface".

6) Open command prompt with administrator credentials once again.

7) Type "netsh" and ENTER.

8) Type "int ipv6" + ENTER.

9) Type "set teredo client" + ENTER.

10) Open Device Manager and Scan for new hardware.

11) Select "Show hidden devices" from the View menu. You will now see that it is present without errors.

Let me know if this works for you, it was the only thing that fixed it for me.

Echo4Ent, Dec 1, 2018
  5. Like i said, it doesnt work because i cant see the Teredo adapter. But i already fixed it, in my case i just changed everything that could have to do with teredo on my fritz!box and then used the built-in windows "problem solving" feature for the xbox
    live connectivity. then it worked

RegentFlunder34, Nov 6, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: