xbox live connection shows that it is working but cannot connect

Discus and support xbox live connection shows that it is working but cannot connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; the xbox troubleshooting connection shows that live is working but when i try to connect it reads error code 800704DC and i am unable to connect; have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mlord27, Jan 15, 2014.

1. mlord27
    mlord27 Guest

the xbox troubleshooting connection shows that live is working but when i try to connect it reads error code 800704DC and i am unable to connect; have tried shutting off/on, changing my password, etc.. any ideas?

:)

mlord27, Jan 15, 2014
  2. JUSCBOSSMAN4
    JUSCBOSSMAN4 Guest
    Cannot get update thus cannot connect to xbox live

When trying to connect to xbox live, I am prompted to download an update first. I accept the update, but I am told that I cannot connect to xbox live and that I must test my connection. I test my connection. It shows me that it connects to wifi and my
    internet no problem. When it tests the xbox live connection, it prompts me to install the update. I accept the update, but again I am told that I cannot connect to xbox live and I need to test my connection. The status code of the error message is: 4099-0000-0080-0300-8007-0570.

JUSCBOSSMAN4, Jan 15, 2014
  3. kb1lce
    kb1lce Guest
    is anyone else having this problem?

Same problem here too! Won't let me sign in at all. Says my xbox cannot connect to xbox live. Connection test shows it getting on the internet just fine just cannot connect to xbox.

kb1lce, Jan 15, 2014
  4. xbox live connection shows that it is working but cannot connect

Hey there, have you signed into your account on the PC and verified the information in your Microsoft account. For example, verify the billing information or the information in the Password and security info section, which could be your security proofs:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-800704dc

-

There is also more information on adding and verify security proofs here:
    support.xbox.com/.../add-security-proof

-

If you're sure that's all verified then delete the profile from the console (profile only), clear the system cache 3 times. Restart the console and re-download your profile.

-

Delete and re-download profile:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

Clear system cache:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

DigitalAssassin, Jan 15, 2014
  5. cowboyjr1982
    cowboyjr1982 Guest
    I too am having the same problem you are started 2 days ago

cowboyjr1982, Oct 31, 2018
  6. piroslav Win User

Cant connect to xbox live, tried everything.

As stated in my first post, i've tried already conencting only my console to router, i've tried even connecting my console directly to ISP cable (without router) - testing shows that console is connected to internet, but cannot connect to the xbox live.

"Yet, when you attempt to connect it immediately shows that message that you cannot connect? No problem! :) "

My console already after start shows that it is not connected to the xbox live, and after test, well... testing works normally, just after last step it shows that it cant connect to xbox live. For results of 3rrd step i need to wait few (10? 20?) seconds,
    if that's what you mean.

Not to say, i've tried creating new account, or anything related to xbox live (like downloding my profile, updating console etc), and nothing works.
  7. DigitalAssassin Win User

Hey there, have you signed into your account on the PC and verified the information in your Microsoft account. For example, verify the billing information or the information in the Password and security info section, which could be your security proofs:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-800704dc

-

There is also more information on adding and verify security proofs here:
    support.xbox.com/.../add-security-proof

-

If you're sure that's all verified then delete the profile from the console (profile only), clear the system cache 3 times. Restart the console and re-download your profile.

-

Delete and re-download profile:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

Clear system cache:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
  8. cowboyjr1982 Win User

I too am having the same problem you are started 2 days ago
  9. kb1lce Win User

is anyone else having this problem?

Same problem here too! Won't let me sign in at all. Says my xbox cannot connect to xbox live. Connection test shows it getting on the internet just fine just cannot connect to xbox.
  10. Akif Win User

Cannot update XBox 360.

Tried. Connectivity works but cannot connect to XBox Live because of the update.
Thema:

1. xbox live connection shows that it is working but cannot connect - Similar Threads - live connection shows

2. Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my 360 games connect to xbox live on my xbox series X: I'm having some serious trouble atm with trying to get 360 games to work on my series X. These are all games that until today worked fine. Now it will not connect to xbox live for the cloud or my...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  4. Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility.: As the title reads, I’m unable to connect to Xbox live through backwards compatibility through Xbox 360. The issue started yesterday and I just thought the servers were down but it turns out it...
  5. How to fix can’t connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix can’t connect to xbox live: Hello I cant play black ops 2 because it says can’t connect to xbox live select test connection to troubleshoot your connection but I have connection on my xbox series s please help...
  6. Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live on Xbox 360 isn't connecting: I tried to sign in to Xbox live and it gave me an error code 8015190E and it said your console can't connect to Xbox live and to check my Internet connection and I did but everything was fine so I...
  7. Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox live on my backwards compatible games?: When I try to play my Xbox 360 games on my new Xbox series S I can’t! A message pops up saying “Can’t connect to Xbox Live. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot your connection. For more info,...
  8. Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is anyone else having problems with connecting their 360 to xbox live?: My xbox 360 won't connect to xbox live. f683801c-6dd0-4023-b8cb-416c00dd6e98
  9. I have the error code 80151912 showing up, and not allowing me to connect to Xbox LIVE. I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have the error code 80151912 showing up, and not allowing me to connect to Xbox LIVE. I...: When using my Xbox 360, It suddenly refuses to connect to the internet at all. The code 80151912 consistently pops up. What does it mean? Has Live been shut down? Will it ever connect again, or...
  10. Xbox show "Cannot connect to Xbox live party, maybe network problem"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox show "Cannot connect to Xbox live party, maybe network problem": When I turn on my xbox, connect to the network and xbox box live sucessful (message were show). But I can open and invite ppls to join my party room but they all fail to join! Also I cannot...