Xbox Live Cloud Save

Discus and support Xbox Live Cloud Save in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I'd been hit by the bug in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection where some character data randomly vanishes. 2K Support was able to fix that,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SpacedTrout5, Jan 27, 2016.

1. SpacedTrout5
    SpacedTrout5 Guest

Xbox Live Cloud Save

Hello! I'd been hit by the bug in Borderlands: The Handsome Collection where some character data randomly vanishes. 2K Support was able to fix that, and recommended that I occasionally back up using Xbox Live Cloud Save. What is that, and how do I use
    it? Also, what exactly is backed up? I have two accounts, one gold and one not gold, both accounts have multiple characters in their game save data for BL:THC, and the games in BL:THC also have data (*** Rank etc) saved at the account level (it applies to
    all that account's characters).

:)

SpacedTrout5, Jan 27, 2016
  2. Munkey Boy
    Munkey Boy Guest
    Questions for new buyer

You don't need Gold for cloud saves, Silver membership works for that also.

Manage Game Saves in Cloud | Games On Xbox One

Munkey Boy, Jan 27, 2016
  3. XENMIC
    XENMIC Guest
    XENMIC, Jan 27, 2016
  4. Fubski
    Fubski Guest

Xbox Live Cloud Save

Cloud is an online storage that can be accessed using Xbox Live Gold for Xbox 360 consoles and Internet connection if Xbox One. Basically, if you have cloud, your game saves get stored to your console's local storage and the cloud. Let's say for example
    you performed a factory defaults for your Xbox One or format of hard drive for your Xbox 360, your save games from the local storages would get deleted but since you have cloud storage, your save games can be retrieved. This is why cloud can be considered
    as your back up.

Fubski, Jan 27, 2016
  5. SpacedTrout5
    SpacedTrout5 Guest
    Is it accessed from the XBox One dashboard or from within games? Does it back up only the game save data, or does it copy the entire user profile, which would include Achievements?

6. Fubski
    Fubski Guest
    It cannot be accessed manually. Our Xbox Live Profiles are also saved to cloud which is why whenever we sign-in our accounts to a different console, it's always updated. Achievements sync to our Xbox Live Profiles so I'm pretty sure they are at some point
    included in cloud as well. Once you saved a game progress, it would automatically go to your local storage in the console and cloud, if you're connected to the Internet. To be able to retrieve your game progress, you will just need to launch your game again
    as your updated game save would automatically sync to your game.

Fubski, Jan 27, 2016
  7. SpacedTrout5
    SpacedTrout5 Guest
    So then... it wouldn't have helped in my situation at all. Since only some data was lost, and it continued to be lost when I signed out and back in, then the corrupted side (cloud or local xbox drive) synced to the other so both were missing the BAR/GK/skins.

Does that sound accurate?

In this case what I needed would have been a historical snapshot.

8. Fubski
    Fubski Guest

Xbox Live Cloud Save

Remember that cloud and local storages save game progress even the current levels of your game if it's a campaign. However, in case we are referring to levels or digital contents/add on of a specific game that are missing then you will still need to contact
    the game developer.

Fubski, Jan 27, 2016
  9. SpacedTrout5
    SpacedTrout5 Guest
    I started with them. After we recovered what we could, they suggested I look into the XBL Cloud Save. Seems though that the cloud save can't be used to help with this particular issue where only some of the game-related data goes missing from a gamer profile.
    Shame. I might play around with backing up my profile on USB at regular intervals.

10. Fubski
    Fubski Guest
    If your cloud couldn't give you the information or save progress that you need then this only means that you have failed to properly save your game progress. It cannot be the fault of the cloud. Cloud needs you to save your stuff to it so it can give you
    back what you need.

Fubski, Jan 27, 2016
  11. SpacedTrout5
    SpacedTrout5 Guest
    You missed the point entirely.

Xbox Life Cloud Save continued syncing with my local Xbox One hard drive every time I started the game. The complete safe was never lost, otherwise the sync would have restored it.

When part of my information disappeared, the sync still happened, but treated the new version -- with the missing data -- as official, and overwrite the other save (that was not missing anything) with the one that was.

Cloud save worked to back up my save, but could not recognize that my save had mysteriously lost some data.

SpacedTrout5, Jan 28, 2016
  12. Fubski
    Fubski Guest
    Are we saying that your cloud save has synced its information successfully but some parts of it are missing?

Fubski, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox Live Cloud Save