Xbox Live Child Account Cannot Add Friends

Discus and support Xbox Live Child Account Cannot Add Friends in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi My son has a Child Account on our Xbox One. He has been able to add friends in the past but for the last two weeks has been unable to add any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jimbobmitch1977, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Xbox Live Child Account Cannot Add Friends

Hi

My son has a Child Account on our Xbox One. He has been able to add friends in the past but for the last two weeks has been unable to add any either on the Xbox itself or on Xbox.com. The message we get is that the friend cannot be added at the moment, and
    to try again later, or check privacy settings.

We've checked the privacy settings, removed the account from the Xbox, turned it off etc. and readded, moved the account to adult defaults, saved, removed the account, reset the machine, readded etc. but still no joy. We're sure he's not being blocked.

Any ideas what's going on or how it can be rectified?

Thanks

James

:)

jimbobmitch1977, Feb 11, 2018
  2. giizzllee
    giizzllee Guest
    Child account

I bought an Xbox, made an account . I recently bout Xbox live but I can’t add friends because it’s a child account to some other user that I never created.

giizzllee, Feb 11, 2018
  3. gta 5 wont play on my profile but will on different profiles

It could be because your xbox live account is a childs account. Child accounts cannot play rated M games.

Chief ManGoat, Feb 11, 2018
  4. Destiny082618 Win User

Can't add friends from a child account due to server error

Hello, most of the time this can be because the child account settings are actually set so that the children cannot add/accept friends on xbox live due to age restrictions. This is something that you can fix within your family settings/child account settings.
  5. DapperCrane Win User

Help with Child and Adult Xbox Account

Content cannot not be transferred but 8t can be shared by setting your Xbox as the home console.

The friends list you will have to re-add to the account you would like to use.

As for the fortnite sign in if you set the console as home when the child account signs in it should sign in as the child account.
  6. VeryFatBubba Win User

How can I transfer GamerTag and Friends List from Parent Account to Child Account?

Hello there,

You cannot transfer the username or friends list onto the second account, as they are separate accounts, but on the second account you could re-add the same list of friends. As for Gamertag, you will need to create a unique name for the second account.

I hope this helps.
    Can I add friends who on my parent account to my childs account in a list form and upload them all at once or does my son have the add them one at a time on his child account?
  7. Chief ManGoat Win User

gta 5 wont play on my profile but will on different profiles

It could be because your xbox live account is a childs account. Child accounts cannot play rated M games.
  8. jaghuar Win User

How can I change my child's (MS Family) permissions to allow them to add friends in Minecraft (Win10 PC version - Not Java)?

I have activated all these settings and my child’s profile still cannot add friends on minecraft. I can join his world but he cannot join my world. He shows 1 friend on the friends tab but it doesn’t show any joinable friends or my world inside the friends
    tab. I have even changed all settings to allow everything (defeats the purpose) and I still cannot add friends on his account. Please help!!!!!!
Thema:

Xbox Live Child Account Cannot Add Friends

1. Xbox Live Child Account Cannot Add Friends - Similar Threads - Live Child Account

2. Child turn 13, can he have his on xbox live account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child turn 13, can he have his on xbox live account?: Hiya, basically my son is on his Dad's microsoft account as family (child, just turned 13), we want to know if we can get him his own Xbox live account yet because they clash alot when playing at...
  3. xbox live gold or ultimate for child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox live gold or ultimate for child account: My son has been playing xbox one for 3 years. Xbox live gold has expired. I renewed it, but it's under my acct. I need it to be under his acct where he has his games and settings for last 3 years....
  4. Xbox live on a Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live on a Child Account: I am struggling a lot with this. I would like my child to have access to xbox live and it says that he has to ask a parent but there is no where for me to approve it. My other child has xbox live...
  5. Trying to create a child account for xbox live, and when i put in an adult email address I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to create a child account for xbox live, and when i put in an adult email address I...: [img] This was my first time trying, any fixes? 1f03bd5e-088d-425a-b62a-ace05a9f5be9
  6. How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to set up a family account with a child that doesn't live with me: Ok community. Let's see if anyone has run this gauntlet. Here are the factors: I want to take on the subscription for Xbox Live for my kiddo (10 years old.) They live with their other parent....
  7. Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Xbox live account from Child to Adult: Hi, as the title suggests, my xbox live account is quite old and was made on my late father's xbox as he used to play games with me. After his passing, however, I have continued to use the xbox...
  8. Xbox Live syncing a child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live syncing a child account: If I have 2 Xbox's and both have the parent account with Xbox live and Xbox game pass and I were to sync the child account to a different Xbox would I still have Xbox live or gamepass...
  9. Game pass ultimate on child account but live on adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game pass ultimate on child account but live on adult account: i’ve just set up game pass ultimate on my son’s xbox account as when it was on my account he couldn’t access it. Our XBox live and game pass subscriptions are still sitting on my account, will...
  10. XBOX Live - cannot approve child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX Live - cannot approve child account: XBOX Live - cannot approve child account I have the same issue as many others and cannot find a fix that has been documented As a parent I have added my child the family. I get through all teh...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox live child add friend

2. add friends on xbox live child account