XBOX Live - cannot approve child account

Discus and support XBOX Live - cannot approve child account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; XBOX Live - cannot approve child account I have the same issue as many others and cannot find a fix that has been documented As a parent I have added... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by LeroyStafford1, Oct 25, 2020.

1. XBOX Live - cannot approve child account

I have the same issue as many others and cannot find a fix that has been documented

As a parent I have added my child the family. I get through all teh steps of having him setup a Xbox live account and then it asks for a parents email address which is mine. I enter it and succesffully enter my password and then get the following error:

"We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found"

I am seeing silly answers from support staff such as clear cache and use a different browser and it is evident that is not the solution (I have tried that anyway)

What can be done to resolve this considering your virtual bots are useless?

:)

LeroyStafford1, Oct 25, 2020
  2. GtfGolgo13 Win User

If trying to add through PC side doesn't work try this:

Add a family member on Xbox One

The way you add someone to your family group on Xbox One depends on whether they’re new to Xbox Live or already have an Xbox Live account. For kids who are new to Xbox Live, add them to your family group
    on the console, then manage their family settings on
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . Otherwise, they may not appear in your list of family members on the console.

If your child doesn’t have an Xbox Live account

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select
      Sign in
      and sign in with your account.
    2. Press the Xbox button again and select System >
      Settings > Account > Family settings >
      Manage family members > Add to family >
      Add new
    3. When the person you want to add is prompted to sign in using their Microsoft account email address, press
      B on your controller, then move the left stick down to select
      Get a new account
      , and have them follow the steps to create a Microsoft account.
    4. When you’re prompted, select Add to family.

If your child has an Xbox Live account on your console

Sign in
      Manage family members > Add to family.
    3. Select the profile for the person you want to add, then press the A button on your controller.

If your child has an Xbox Live account that’s not on your console

Sign in
      Manage family members > Add to family >
      Add new
    3. Have the person you want to add sign in with their Microsoft account email address and password, and when you’re prompted, select
      Add to family.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Another thing I would try is going to account.microsoft.com/family and try adding them there.
  4. MJB1976 Win User

I found a way to work around this issue, in the context of setting my daughter up with an Xbox account for use with Minecraft (on Nintendo).

Steps were:

1. create new Microsoft account

2. in the Minecraft app, on the front page there is a "Sign in" button (bottom left). Sign in with new Microsoft account.

3. Minecraft app then takes you temporarily to a webpage that invites you to setup an Xbox account gamertag.

Once i did this, my daughter had a working Xbox live account, and she could go and add friends, configure the various settings for multiplayer etc.

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers,

mjb
  5. RobC_002 Win User

@Brainy Thanks for getting back to me. I tried those approaches but neither worked. So I went to the XBox support site to ask for help. When I was asked to log in, I used my son's account login information--the one I'd been having trouble with and hadn't
    been able to actually create yet--instead of my own. I was expecting to be informed that the account didn't exist. Instead, the site logged me in and his new gamer tag appeared on the screen. Once that happened, I was able to access his account as advertised.
    Seems like something got hung up in the account creation software or something.
  6. RobC_002 Win User

This doesn't work for me because, although my kid has a family account which I can view online, he has no gamer tag. I have tried multiple times to create an xbox live account for him. I make it to the step where I enter my login information to verify I'm
    okay with it, then am immediately sent to the "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found" page.

Any ideas?
Thema:

1. XBOX Live - cannot approve child account - Similar Threads - Live cannot approve

2. i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. what do i do?: i cannot connect to xbox live for 360 games. i experienced this issue months ago, tried many recommended fixes from various sources, and it was only resolved when i changed to an entirely new...
  3. For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9

in XBoX on Consoles
    For some reason i cannot log into xbox live while playing asphalt 9: It's really odd and annoying. I tried to start the game multiple times, no effect. b876c8e4-474e-4548-b6fa-508a33081dcc
  4. IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...

in XBoX on Windows
    IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN...: IT SAYS THAT THE MINECRAFT TIKTOK CAPE IT CANNOT BE CLAIMED IN MY COUNTRY, I LIVE IN SPAIN AND OTHERS IN SPAIN HAVE THE TIKTOK CAPE SO I DONT UNDERSTAND, PLEASE HELP ME...
  5. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  6. I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?

in XboX Insiders
    I cannot play Live with Gold games without an active subscription now?: Today I tried to play one of my games from Live with Gold to discover that I cannot play it anymore, and I remember that even if I don't have Live with Gold or Game Pass Ultimate active...
  7. Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live on the xbox 360 through the xbox series x: So I've tried to play about three different xbox 360 games through backwards compatibility on the xbox series x. But every time I try to sign in it won't connect me to Xbox Live, even though I'm...
  8. Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to xbox live while trying to play backwards compatible games on my Xbox X.: I have tried almost every suggestion available and cannot get past the same error code of "Your connection to xbox live has been lost. Please sign in again." I know for a fact I am connected to...
  9. Cannot Sign into Xbox live 360 or redownload my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Sign into Xbox live 360 or redownload my account: Hello, when I try to sign into Xbox live 360 (Xbox live on the Xbox 360) I immediately get disconnected from Xbox live and cannot reconnect and when I try to re-download my account, I met with an...
  10. Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...: Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying you cannot play Xbox multiplayer you need Xbox live gold is required. Can someone answer my question?...