Xbox Live and FPS Dedicated Servers - Forced to Play the Games that are playable: A random ...

Discus and support Xbox Live and FPS Dedicated Servers - Forced to Play the Games that are playable: A random ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Morning Everybody, I had a random thought, in general, that in South-Africa we might be forced to into playing games that we dont prefer?. More... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DM767, Aug 16, 2018.

1. DM767
    DM767 Guest

Xbox Live and FPS Dedicated Servers - Forced to Play the Games that are playable: A random ...

Morning Everybody,

I had a random thought, in general, that in South-Africa we might be forced to into playing games that we dont prefer?. More specifically, to each his own, but to me it comes down to the "playability" / "enjoyability".

Are we effectively forced to play games purely based on the ping we have? For example, in PUBG it feels like I need to aim 10 meters in front of another player when sniping. Over the years I have gotton use to shooting where I think they will be in about
    300ms, but I'm really over the this. Same for Fortnite etc.

Adapt or die, But this leads to my point, I believe we have a COD and Battlefield Server...and nothing else?

Am I missing settings in other games, surely not.

Internet Speed not and issue, 100mbps.

Are MS planning any changes, or does this come down to the developers? Purely business? Is our community too small and perhaps we are not even a blip on MS or any developers radars?

I prefer TF2 over most other FPS games, but is it Respawns (Now EA Xbox Live and FPS Dedicated Servers - Forced to Play the Games that are playable: A random ... :( ) who is responsibible?

Tired of playing COD, Battlefield, PLEASE, to each his own. COD players dont go all fanboy, this is just example.

Is our community that small that we dont matter, from a business perspective?

Really feels like we are having to "give-in" and play FPS games that are not what we want to?

If I list them,

Every FPS Shooter Ever

Supported:

COD / BF

:)

DM767, Aug 16, 2018
  2. UniformBox
    UniformBox Guest
    Dedicated servers, why are they in demand?

Dedicated servers are in demand because the average person on Xbox doesn't have a connection that is strong enough to host other players. If there is no dedicated servers that means you are forced to play on other peoples connection. That's where host advantage
    comes into play. Also, people can standby and manipulate the connection if they have host, which is extremely annoying. You will be lagging so bad that you can't move while they have no lag whatsoever. This is why everyone would rather play on a dedicated
    host.

UniformBox, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Malicar
    Malicar Guest
    Stop hating over the Xbox One

Those 300k servers are not for dedicated gaming servers. Dedicated gaming servers are provided by the game publisher and or developer. The servers they were talking about at the reveal was for matchmaking, cloud storage, and digital content delivery. To
    this day there are only a few games that support dedicated servers on XBOX 360. So if you think your live fee is going to enhance game performance then you would be mistaken.

Malicar, Aug 16, 2018
  4. denis97g
    denis97g Guest

it's up to the developers to create dedicated servers.

denis97g, Aug 16, 2018
  5. Why should they when people have to pay Microsoft to play online? It's one of the reasons I won't go Gold again. Xbox is great but why should I pay Microsoft to play on other companies servers?

NonSportsGirl, Nov 3, 2018
  6. NonSportsGirl Win User

Xbox Live and FPS Dedicated Servers - Forced to Play the Games that are playable: A random Thread.

Why should they when people have to pay Microsoft to play online? It's one of the reasons I won't go Gold again. Xbox is great but why should I pay Microsoft to play on other companies servers?
  7. denis97g Win User

Xbox Live and FPS Dedicated Servers - Forced to Play the Games that are playable: A random Thread.

8. IXISTiCKYIXI Win User

COD GHOST - LISTEN SERVER = PLAYER HOSTED MATCHES = NOT DEDICATED SERVER = HOST LAG

The issue is not the server distance, because Im am pretty certain there is a dedicated somewhere near my location as when ever I play alone ... it automatically connects me to a dedicated server. But when I start playing in a party with people all over
    the country. It forces a garbage listen server (home connection) on us, which isn't nessasarily the best option for ALL the people in the party. SO IT DOES, indeed become the worst option possible for the person who 1) doesn't like close to this particular
    live server 2) Already has a a better dedicated server available, than any possible live server

if you have a party with people from all 4 corners of the country, only 1 person will have a good connection to the listen server and the rest will be lagging, because they have a dedicated server in their location, but forced to use some crappy listen server
    which is much farther away
  9. dsri Win User

Dedicated Servers

I would just like to give my 2c in terms of dedicated servers with fps games. I used to be a competitive sof2 player, Dedicated servers were the norm. They were the be all end all of fps games. This was the PC only era mind you.

The difference being, we would as a clan buy and run a public server and also a private clan server for matches. Meaning 1 server (high spec) would be 1-2 game servers. That is a big difference to what MS would be doing currently which their probably trying
    to cram hundreds of game servers onto one server. This causes overloading of the server and lag.

The only way in FPS for this to be fixed is to give clans a way to run their own server, name that server and have a server list in game, That causes all games to be played on servers only dedicate to that 1 game and with plenty of resources to be lag free.

Lag like back in the day would be completely none existent unless you decided to play with players from accross the world. And if they allowed you to see the server ping, End of lag/Unfair gaming.

One reason I don't like FPS games anymore. Too many variables. Even though I still play COD all the time as its the best shooter.

(KracK from sof2) Add me for some gaming sessions :)
  10. Armani204 Win User

GETTING MY 60$ WORTH OF VENTING

Why does everyone get so hot and heavy over dedicated servers. I bought a FPS that uses dedicated servers and the game still lags, I still get killed around corners and I still get dropped from games on the regular, usually once every 12 or so. The only
    thing is there is no 15 second host migration like the odd time it happens on MW3, that was the only plus I saw to dedicated servers. And when I pre-ordered my hardened edition, I never heard of any promises of dedicated servers on MW3. Maybe that's why
    MW3 worked and played so flawlessly on release day unlike the other game I bought that plays on dedicated servers.
Thema:

1. Xbox Live and FPS Dedicated Servers - Forced to Play the Games that are playable: A random ... - Similar Threads - Live FPS Dedicated

2. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  3. Xbox LIVE Marketplace Status Code: 800700E8

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox LIVE Marketplace Status Code: 800700E8: Hi everyone. I’m getting the above status message when I’m trying to re-download Modern Warfare 3 (2011) on the Xbox 360. I made the purchase within the last six months and have it downloaded on...
  4. (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...

in XBoX on Windows
    (XBOX Cloud Gaming) How do I fix my computer not registering my XBox Live/Game Pass...: Hello, so I am having a particularly strange issue with my XBox cloud gaming service. I have already chatted with the helpdesk about this and did the troubleshoooting they suggested but it hasn't...
  5. How can I stop notifying my friends of my live stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can I stop notifying my friends of my live stream?: Every time I stream Twitch on Xbox, my friends keep getting constant notifications that I am streaming. This is true for all my friends, including those who have me "Favorited" and those who do...
  6. connect to xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    connect to xbox live: hello. I have an RGH`D Xbox 360. I want to connect to internet and Xbox live. But I can't. and some people says if I connect to internet in RGHD Xbox 360. my Xbox will not work again. and I have...
  7. Xbox live problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live problem: Hi! can anyone relate that they cant log in to xbox live? i tried to lig in to minecraft bedrock edition windows 10 but i cant. It says "We failed to log you in to xbox live" idk if its right im...
  8. I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87

in XboX Insiders
    I didn't receive the Xbox live gold badge. On my profile for tcb87: I didn't receive the Xbox, live gold badge. for tcb87 for my profile. submitted by /u/Beginning_Canary_160 [link] [comments]
  9. unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    unable to connect to xbox live but can connect to internet: what should i do i already cleared cache system i did check alerts i dont know what to do my xbox 360 cant connect to xbox live 8074ae89-f382-4f8c-9921-5b008a1a835b
  10. I cant connect to the xbox live when i open a game on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant connect to the xbox live when i open a game on pc: I try to uninstall the xbox application, reboot pc, reconnect my account, nothing work d330181c-e4b5-4980-9aaf-1be879184d0f