Xbox Live and Account Management

Discus and support Xbox Live and Account Management in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I had 2 xbox live accounts. 1 (We will call this Account A) I use (this one) tied to an email that never gets used 1 (We will call this Account B)... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nealbert, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Nealbert
    Nealbert Guest

So I had 2 xbox live accounts.

1 (We will call this Account A) I use (this one) tied to an email that never gets used

1 (We will call this Account B) that was only used for an initial 1 month free xbox live once, never used since, and that email is still used and linked to my microsoft account so I get rewards points on.

I wanted to switch Account A email to Account B's.

I opened a support ticket they walked me through how to do this. (Never got a email with the ticket info, and at the end they were going to send all my info to a different department to finish out the case)

I had to add an alias to Account B and set that Alias as Primary then delete the original email (the one I use and want on Account A).

On Account A I add the desired email address as an alias then set it as primary.

This supposedly fixed my issue, however now I don't have xbox live on Account A and my $25 is xbox points is gone.

I have to go to work now so I can't start a chat, hopefully this will get some traction and I can get this resolved to play tonight.

:)

Nealbert, Sep 7, 2018
  2. medium bloke
    medium bloke Guest
    medium bloke, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Tango T
    Tango T Guest
    Tango T, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Xbox Live and Account Management

Hi there,

What you describe for moving one account to another email address is correct.

One question, when you look at Account B, does the $25 and Live show there, or is it lost completely between both accounts?

Mistress Sara, Sep 7, 2018
  5. All you did was change what email address is used when signing into the accounts.

This did NOT move your xbox profile from Account A to Account B there is no way to do that.

What Did happen is that you Added a new email to sign in to account B made that new email the primary email removed the old email from that account and added that old email as an alias to Account A. It
    did not move any microsoft currency gift cards, any subscriptions, any game purchases or anything like that over.

All subscriptions and xbox money is attached to the account itself.

If you were to sign into your Account B with the new email and the password I bet you would find that 25 dollars and the xbox live subscription still on it.

steeledwand7664, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox live account management