Xbox left stick drifting to the left even after stick replaced - any fix?

Discus and support Xbox left stick drifting to the left even after stick replaced - any fix? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, all. I was having a problem with my left stick horizontal motion, where it would drift left without actuacta moving the stick. If I moved it to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mauriciowaltrick, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Xbox left stick drifting to the left even after stick replaced - any fix?

Hello, all.

I was having a problem with my left stick horizontal motion, where it would drift left without actuacta moving the stick. If I moved it to the right though the digital indicator would show the the stick jumping from the left to the center. Vertically there
    was no problems.

Believing it was just a dirty horizontal sensor I disassembled the controller and cleaned the sensor, only to no avail. Perhaps the sensor itself was faulty I thought.

I ordered then a new stick and replaced the last one, soldering it and all. Yet, the exact same problem is still here and I have no idea of what's going on.

The replacement part was new and was working, and there are no updates to the controller a available. Could the problem be the controller board itself and not the stick? Because although I never heard of such a problem this is the only thing I can think
    of.

This controller has never been dropped a single time and the issue started suddently, as it was perfectly working the day before and the next it was just faulty like this.

Anyone has any idea of what I can do to fix it? I really don't feel like buying a 3rd controller since I bought my Xbox One. Meanwhile my 8 years old Xbox 360 has both its its original controllers working Flawlessly. What is going on with Xbox One parts
    durability?!

:)

mauriciowaltrick, Jan 6, 2019
  2. ArcherAC3 Win User

Thanks for the feedback.

I see your point but my controller was out of warranty so I didn't see why not. Not only it would take longer to send it back to Microsoft then but it would also be more expensive for me - not to say that I took good care of it but must waste money due to
    faulty hardware.

I can't see how it's a software issue as well, and even so, how could a software issue require a whole new controller to be bought. If the problem is solely the software Microsoft should be able to fix it and for free.

Besides, shouldn't a software issue be causing problem on other controllers as well?

Thanks.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Mauricio,

If the controller is out of warranty, there is no repair for out of warranty controllers. The only thing to do is replace the controller. Personally with my controllers this drifting is the main thing I get also. As to what causes it is just use. Controller
    warranties from date of purchase are 90 days.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Diego M Win User

5. Sam Peak Win User

Xbox One control Drifting up

After doing an update on my xbox one wireless controller, which was necessary so that I couldon't use my new headset, the left analogue stick is drifting up which has made it almost impossible to play any games. How can I fix this issue or get a replacement
    controller.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

left stick drift

When I connect a wireless controller, the left analog stick is stuck in down position. This is brand new controller, and have had other controllers do the same . But if I connect these controllers with a cable they work fine. Does anyone know
    of a way to make it where I can use wireless controllers with my system, so my family can play games with me again
    Are you connecting these wireless controllers via Bluetooth, or using the Xbox Wireless Adapter?

If the controllers are working fine when connecting via wire, then it sounds like the controllers themselves are fine, and it's possibly a driver issue, or a wireless connection issue.
Thema:

1. Xbox left stick drifting to the left even after stick replaced - any fix? - Similar Threads - left stick drifting

2. Left analog stick spinning, causing horrible stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left analog stick spinning, causing horrible stick drift: I just bought an elite controller series 2 from my friends dad and found out that the left stick twists when very minimal pressure is applied. this in turn causes very bad stick drift, although...
  3. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  4. bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs)

in XBoX on Consoles
    bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs): I would like to send it in from Canada and just have them replace or permanently repair both components. How can I do so? dc1ddab5-b268-4241-abfa-9d4590db96e0
  5. Left stick drift on all Xbox controllers on win 11?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left stick drift on all Xbox controllers on win 11?: I have 3 Xbox controllers, one is Xbox One and the other 2 are Xbox series S controllers, and all three left analog sticks drift to the bottom right in any game I try on my windows 11 fully...
  6. How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix drift on left joist stick and RB button.: left joist stick is giving me drift problems on current blue controller and other blue controller the RB button doesn't work. 2f012bce-9e74-4bf1-8ee0-5646d5c2a9f1
  7. Two xbox series x/s controllers ended with drift on the left analog stick...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two xbox series x/s controllers ended with drift on the left analog stick...: Two xbox series x/s controllers ended with drifting on the left and right analog sticks: After sending back one controller with the warranty claim, they sent me back a controller that, after a few...
  8. Xbox elite series 2 left stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 left stick drift: If I declined the warranty coverage from GameStop can I still send it in for repair without the repair cost since it has not been a year yet? If not how much is the repair cost?...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Left stick Drift

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Left stick Drift: Hi, I bought in November 2020 an Xbox Elite series 2 A couple of months, ago, the left stick begun to act by himself With the controller on a plane surface, the Y axis of this stick act as if...
  10. Xbox Series X controller Left stick drift (upwards)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X controller Left stick drift (upwards): The xbox series x controller drift is causing alot of issues. Is the controller covered under warranty? Also, anyway of fixing this issue. 0af9601a-b99c-4a05-b900-8b4d68f4161c