Xbox left analog stick not working

Discus and support Xbox left analog stick not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just bought a PC yesterday and an Xbox controller, everything works on the Xbox controller as it should, except for the left analog stick. Went to do... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dylan Rothwell, Nov 20, 2023.

1. Xbox left analog stick not working

I just bought a PC yesterday and an Xbox controller, everything works on the Xbox controller as it should, except for the left analog stick. Went to do a calibration, and in the testing before the calibration, it shows that the left analog stick is moving, but in the calibration, it will not move at all. ? The Xbox controller is connected via a USB cord.

:)

Dylan Rothwell, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi Dylan R, my name is Daniel and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry that you are having this problem, I would like to know if the controller has updated firmware and if you have tried it wirelessly and the problem still persists. If everything is correct and the control is updated, it is possible that it came with a factory defect, therefore I could tell you to register your control and verify if you have an active warranty through the following link.

https://account.microsoft.com/devices

If you have an active warranty, I would recommend sending it for repair or requesting another check.

I wait your answer.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  3. TangyBabyGravy Win User

wireless controller

The analog sticks; LS = Left Stick, RS = Right Stick.
  4. hdgaming2115 Win User

Xbox one controller struggles

the left analog stick on the controller is interfering with the Left Bumper
  5. hdgaming2115 Win User

Xbox one controller struggles

the left analog stick on the controller is interfering with the Left Bumper
  6. BluntShade Win User

Left analog stick

Hi,

I have checked everything including the button layout and it's all correct (default). I tried switching controllers and my old controller worked fine.

What shall I do? Do I need to return the whole console to the store I purchased the Xbox 360 from or do I just send the controller to you?

I live in the UK.

Many thanks,

- John.
Thema:

1. Xbox left analog stick not working - Similar Threads - left analog stick

2. Left analog stick spinning, causing horrible stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left analog stick spinning, causing horrible stick drift: I just bought an elite controller series 2 from my friends dad and found out that the left stick twists when very minimal pressure is applied. this in turn causes very bad stick drift, although...
  3. Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?: These controllers only seem to last about a month before having to turn up the dead zone to stop them moving. Can’t even control the menus any more. The 360 controllers never did this. Sort it...
  4. Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why pressing LT switches my left and right analog sticks: In mw2 & now mw3 pressing LT switches my left analog to aim and right analog to move. When I release it it switches back to normal. Seems to only happen with MW2 & MW3 games. All other FPS works...
  5. Why is my left analog stick not working for none of it my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my left analog stick not working for none of it my controllers: My controllers aren’t working, but when I go to lab mode, they were perfectly fine 59a47321-f44a-45bc-a574-6af75c184dca
  6. Series x controller only left analog stick & B button work. Tried everything but still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x controller only left analog stick & B button work. Tried everything but still...: Series x controller only left analog stick & B button work. Tried everything but still won't work. 04b0284a-623f-4140-9559-b8e628b340a9
  7. How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my left analog stick not working when pressed down and my up on the d-pad not...: My left analog stick doesn’t work when I press it down and my up on the d-pad doesn’t work either. I haven’t used my controller or been on my xbox for a while and I don’t think anything has...
  8. The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog

in XBoX on Consoles
    The right stick on my Xbox 360 wireless moves around from left while I don't move the analog: The right stick was working fine yesterday, but when I turn on the console and play the game, the stick moves around from left. Does anyone know what caused this? Thank you Best Wishes -Sajad...
  9. My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller's left analog stick is unresponsive in only the right direction.: I've had this controller (Which is a PDP model that is listed as being officially licensed by Xbox) for about six months now. Very suddenly it has begun to experience an issue where the left...
  10. Why is my left analog stick getting Stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my left analog stick getting Stuck: It doesn’t do it everytime but occasionally when I try to move the stick full circle or even sometimes if I try to change direction quick in a game (moving the stick from one side to the other...