Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote

Discus and support Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My bf and I both have Xbox’s in the same room, mine is connected to a Samsung tv and his to a monitor on his desk. Our problem is sometimes he will be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rachell serrano, Jan 15, 2024.

1. Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote

My bf and I both have Xbox’s in the same room, mine is connected to a Samsung tv and his to a monitor on his desk. Our problem is sometimes he will be playing and I will press the power button on the remote to the tv and it will shut off his Xbox and turn on mine. When both Xbox’s are off and the tv is off and you press the on button for the tv remote both Xbox’s will turn on. I guess I’m asking if there is a way for me to use my Xbox without shutting his off while he is mid game or a way to stop turning his on when I’m just turning on the tv, I’m guessing it might have to do with the fact that the remote is a semi universal remote but it’s not much of a problem when he’s not on because when it turns on by itself we can just turn it back off but when he is on I can’t get on without it turning his off.

:)

rachell serrano, Jan 15, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Rachell, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, turn off this option on both of your consoles:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then go to Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options > TV & A/V power options > Uncheck the HDMI-CEC

Let me know if it works!
  3. DaewooKim1 Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue.

but I figured something about this.

When TV that connected to XBOX is turned on. remote play works.

but when TV is turned off. remote play is not working.

if I turn on my TV first, then remote play from my PC . it works perfectly.

then if I turn off my TV. suddenly Remote play become very unstable and stuttering.

and it disconnected automatically in a minute.

I tested wireless and wired , both behaves same.

and most importantly , this issue not reproducing iPhone and android phone remote play.

mobile phone remote play works perfectly no matter TV is turned on or not.
  4. RippenHarra Win User

Can Kinect 2 be turned off?

It's also proven that turning a TV off with a remote is different from turning off at the TV because it draws less power because its not in a remote ready state. That simple enough for you.
  5. jcleigh Win User

PC to XSX Remote Play - console turns on, only see a black screen, disconnects 1 min later

I'm having the same issue.

but I figured something about this.

When TV that connected to XBOX is turned on. remote play works.

but when TV is turned off. remote play is not working.

if I turn on my TV first, then remote play from my PC . it works perfectly.

then if I turn off my TV. suddenly Remote play become very unstable and stuttering.

and it disconnected automatically in a minute.

I tested wireless and wired , both behaves same.

and most importantly , this issue not reproducing iPhone and android phone remote play.

mobile phone remote play works perfectly no matter TV is turned on or not.
    Wow you are right! I recreated this behavior exactly.

It would appear that PC Remote Play has some dependency on the XBox's TV being on. This is a great find @DaewooKim1!
  6. Bazajaytee Win User

XB1 turns TV off when I turn it on

My wife's console does this (Samsung TV) but it doesn't do it on my console and Panasonic TV and it is for the reason Jaymo1978 mentions, some TV's use the same command from the remote to turn the TV on and off. So when the Xbox One powers up, it sends the
    command and turns your TV off if it was already on.

You can do as Jamo mentiones and disable the option altogether or you'll need to remember to use your TV remote to turn your TV off before you turn your console on.
Thema:

1. Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote - Similar Threads - keeps turning off

2. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  3. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  4. My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off: i have a really big problem that started around a week ago were my xbox series x/s controller kept on disconnecting every now and again and now its really bad were it just wont work anymore at all...
  5. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  6. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  7. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  8. My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute: Hello, I've been experiencing problems with my Xbox and wanted some advice. Every-time I turn it on, it does the chime like usual but then doesn't display any signal and after about 1 minute....
  9. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  10. What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What does it mean if your Xbox keeps turning off and being slow but not running hot?: My Xbox will be slow and sometimes freeze up then turn off. But when I try to turn it back in the light on the system will turn on but wont be on the screen. I even got a better HDMI and it didn't...