xbox keeps turning off why. when you go to play or whatever

Discus and support xbox keeps turning off why. when you go to play or whatever in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; did someone hack our network and devices their are tracking apps on devices daily somedays computers turns off. you hear like a air soft pop then... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by mondop29, May 23, 2018.

1. mondop29
    mondop29 Guest

did someone hack our network and devices their are tracking apps on devices daily somedays computers turns off. you hear like a air soft pop then screen and computer turn off for while multiple times plus xbox doesnt stay on etc.. most days now for a week
    etc.. already informed microsoft but nothing etc.. the xbox360

:)

mondop29, May 23, 2018
  2. Xbox One S keeps shutting off

My xbox keeps shutting down and I dont know why. It's not hot there are no red lights or overheating messages it just keeps turning itself off. First it was doing this anytime Netflix was loaded or Hulu but now it's doing it when
    I play my game. Please someone help

Wicked NATlVE, May 23, 2018
  3. KARDASHIANx1
    KARDASHIANx1 Guest
    Xbox turns itself of when I load up a game or go in party

xbox is turning itself off when I load up a game or go in party why is Xbox such a mess sort it out

KARDASHIANx1, May 23, 2018
  4. STIZZ-05FA9D13-5785- Win User

Add ability to turn off entire system or just the xbox one itself

[quote user="ItsGameOvrMan"]

I want it as an option when you are telling the xbox one to turn off on a per session basis. For most of the time, i usually do want the entire system to power down; however, if I want to play PS4 or Xbox 360 or something else I do not want the TV and AVR
    to turn off, just the Xbox one.

It should be as easy as adding it to the confirm box that comes up when you tell the Xbox one to turn off. "Xbox, turn off " -"unit" -"only" -"not all". Whatever the command should be to only turn off Xbox one itself.

[/quote] As I already said you do have this option whenever you do not want the t.v to go off then you have to go back to settings and check off the box that allows you to only keep the t.v and avr on and just leave the box unchecked for the console itself.
    However you want it set up on certain days you are going to have to go back and reset it to how you see fit. But the options are available for you to do so I don't think your understanding what I wrote.
  5. GodsWarrior720 Win User

Constantly disconnecting from XBox Live

im playing my new xbox, I have perfect signal (all bars) and when playing a game or watching a show, after like twenty minutes I get disconnected and have to turn my xbox off or reset my network settings then turn it on again to keep playing. I dont know
    if its microsoft or whatever but its nice to know im not the only one!
  6. AnInnealtoir92 Win User

Xbox series x fan

Very possible. Since this setting more just turns off the display and keep everything running, it was still running a task keeping it from idling with nothing to do. I know, with the case of the Xbox One, when you had that setting on, still in a game,
    and turn off the Xbox that your fan will be going the entire time because it is still processing that the game is being played.
  7. ItsGameOvrMan Win User

Add ability to turn off entire system or just the xbox one itself

I want it as an option when you are telling the xbox one to turn off on a per session basis. For most of the time, i usually do want the entire system to power down; however, if I want to play PS4 or Xbox 360 or something else I do not want the TV and AVR
    to turn off, just the Xbox one.

It should be as easy as adding it to the confirm box that comes up when you tell the Xbox one to turn off. "Xbox, turn off " -"unit" -"only" -"not all". Whatever the command should be to only turn off Xbox one itself.
  8. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Unplug Console

Does the external hard drive ever turn off when the Xbox is off?

The console has a setting to turn external storage off when the console is turned off. It's in the power settings. However, for some reason, some externals do not turn off when the console is turned off, even when the "When Xbox is off, turn off storage" setting is enabled.

The second thing that will cause most externals to go to sleep is inactivity. Usually there is a setting in the drive's own firmware that says "go to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity" or whatever.

Here's what I would recommend: -

1. If it's not already enabled, enable the "When Xbox is off, turn off storage" setting in the console's power settings, then test to see if the drive turns off when the Xbox is turned off.

2. If option 1 is no help and the drive never turns off, disable that setting, then see if the external turns off after a period of inactivity once the Xbox has been turned off.

If you unplug the drive when the console is off, obviously, if you have the console set to automatically update your games/apps, it won't be able to update anything on the external while the Xbox is off as it's not connected. That is the primary downside of what you're currently doing.
Thema:

1. xbox keeps turning off why. when you go to play or whatever - Similar Threads - keeps turning off

2. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  3. My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has...: My xbox series s keeps going green and then turns off I have factory reset it and this has not worked. Please advise what I can do to fix this as it happens in every game a play or even sometime...
  4. My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox controller keeps vibrating and turning off: i have a really big problem that started around a week ago were my xbox series x/s controller kept on disconnecting every now and again and now its really bad were it just wont work anymore at all...
  5. my xbox keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox keeps turning off: my xbox series s just ahd an update and switched off now every time I go to switch on the console it just turns off automatically is there anything I should do e6232de2-3e72-4c6b-adab-1c16dca694fe
  6. Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does all three of my USB ports keep turning off and on again when the xbox is on?: It's as if all three USB ports just cut out. Which is a major inconvenience if I'm playing a game on an external hardrive or using a wired controller. All of this whilst my xbox is turned on btw....
  7. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  8. My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One S keeps on turning off after a minute: Hello, I've been experiencing problems with my Xbox and wanted some advice. Every-time I turn it on, it does the chime like usual but then doesn't display any signal and after about 1 minute....
  9. Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console

in XboX Insiders
    Console keeps removing my profiles after turning off console: Hi lads, I bought an Xbox yesterday from a friend as they never used the console. I signed into my account and downloaded the games I wanted and that was fine. However once I turned it off and...
  10. Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps turning on and off with tv remote: My bf and I both have Xbox’s in the same room, mine is connected to a Samsung tv and his to a monitor on his desk. Our problem is sometimes he will be playing and I will press the power button on...