Xbox keeps shutting off.

Discus and support Xbox keeps shutting off. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series x keeps shutting off. It occurred on previous one now on brand new. Have fan and well ventilated. I’m thinking could it be my internet.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ColleenM., Mar 1, 2024.

1. ColleenM.
    ColleenM. Guest

Xbox keeps shutting off.

My Xbox series x keeps shutting off. It occurred on previous one now on brand new. Have fan and well ventilated. I’m thinking could it be my internet. It’s fiber optic and my connection is IPv4. So at a lost what’s causing this. Any thoughts? Remember brand new Xbox. Thanks

:)

ColleenM., Mar 1, 2024
  2. Mark Sherwood Win User

Xbox Keeps Shutting Off

Ne0nAbyss hey there :)

If you check
    THIS
    guide out, it will explain what the causes are for consoles that unexpectedly shut down, as well as how to try and resolve it. However, it does sound as though you need to send your console in for a paid repair, sorry. You can request a repair using
    the service center, HERE. Be sure to double check that you have followed everything through, in the above guide before requesting a repair. Just to be sure.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud
  3. BetterOffBurnt9 Win User

Xbox keeps shutting off.

This could be a simple fix or could turn into something more complicated. Before going to get the power supply checked you should check the connections with it e.g. check the plug is in the socket correctly or if using a multi-plug check that as well. The
    red light means there has been a fault and its there to protect the Xbox. If all connections are solid then take the power supply and Xbox to be checked
  4. IxHoly lightxI Win User

: Xbox keeps shutting off

It's either a heating issue or a hardware issue. It could also be the plug in, in the xbox itself. I'm currently having the same issue with my X. I cant play minecraft on 4k, I cant play 7 days to die while hosting a game, and the division 2 disc wont
    read half the time. They all hard reset my console. I would try calling Microsoft about your warranty or getting it fixed.
  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Xbox keeps shutting off

Please try the following:

1. Turn off your Xbox using the power button on the console.

2. Once your Xbox has completely powered down, unplug the power cord from the back of the console. Don't simply unplug the cord from the wall's electrical socket — it must be disconnected from your Xbox.

3. Wait for 5 minutes, and then reconnect the power cord to both the Xbox console and the electrical socket.

4. Let another minute pass and turn it on afterwards.
  6. - AJ - Win User

xbox keeps shutting off

Hi, Luke-Cyndi! Thank you for your reply and the additional information

Normally, whenever a console shuts down due to overheating, a warning will appear on the screen the next time you turn the console on. If this is not the case with your console, then it's not shutting down due to overheating.

If you are not experiencing this problem across multiple games, it would be best to contact the game's publisher or dedicated support team. In this case, that is 2K.

2K Support can be reached at: https://support.2k.com/hc

'Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.'

For problems related to the YouTube app, I'm afraid you'd need to contact Google.

----------

For your reference, this is mentioned by Microsoft Employee and Forum Owner 'XBF John' at: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/b69c506c-bdff-41e2-a013-fbcb6f8ff23f

----------

Regarding the "JMicron Generic USB Device" pop-up, could you tell me if you have any devices plugged into your console's expansion card or USB ports?

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
Thema:

Xbox keeps shutting off.

1. Xbox keeps shutting off. - Similar Threads - keeps shutting off

2. My xbox and tv keep shutting of and can't tell if it's a problem with the xbox and power...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox and tv keep shutting of and can't tell if it's a problem with the xbox and power...: I've been having this problem where my xbox along with my TV keeps shutting off on me. It usually happens whenever I click into a game. I've tried plugging the xbox and hdmi into multiple outlets...
  3. Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Keep having to reinstall Ultimate Solitaire Collection everytime I shut down the PC. How...: Hey guys! So, I got Ultimate Solitaire Collection for Xbox, and wanted to use the Play Anywhere feature to play better on my PC with a mouse. Unfortunately, while the game works fine on...
  4. Why does my Xbox Series S keep shutting off while trying to play 2k24?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox Series S keep shutting off while trying to play 2k24?: My Xbox series S has been shutting off every time I try to play NBA 2K24 but It lets me play any other game like GTA 3 or Starfield with no problem. It will let me play one game in MyCareer then...
  5. Xbox keeps shutting down as soon as I turn it on....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps shutting down as soon as I turn it on....: My Xbox X keeps shutting off as soon as I turn it on. Ive tried cleaning, plugging directly into the wall, changing the wall power socket, changing cords, etc... Im at a loss. I spent so much...
  6. Why does my Xbox witless elite 2 keep vibrating then shutting off then coming back on then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox witless elite 2 keep vibrating then shutting off then coming back on then...: had the controller for about 5 months not. Never had any issues then the other night it just started bring up the task bar menu. Then would bring up the “turn off console turn off controller or...
  7. Xbox One keeps shutting off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One keeps shutting off: My Xbox One shuts off when I try to power it on. The power cord is fine and it will shut off in around 5-15 seconds within powering it on. I don’t understand what is wrong with my Xbox. Can...
  8. Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off: While playing Cold War the controller shuts on and off. Tried to sink it. And tried a different controller. All it does is shut on and off. I even unplugged every thing for about 2 hours and it...
  9. New Series X randomly keeps shutting off

in XboX Insiders
    New Series X randomly keeps shutting off: Need some help here. Purchased a Series X online this week and received it today. Had no issues while I set it up earlier, and it stayed on for a good hour and a half while downloading a game....
  10. Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x keeps shutting off due to overheating when it’s blowing out cold air: My series x has recently and unexpectedly Been completely shutting off due to “poor ventilation” despite it being completely clear of any other object and heating source, it also blows out cold...