Xbox keeps returning on troubleshoot screen on startup, possibly due to OS.

Discus and support Xbox keeps returning on troubleshoot screen on startup, possibly due to OS. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Original post with all the details of my dilemma here Pretty sure it might be in a preview update. The OS on my Xbox doesn’t match any of the ones on... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/barrio_boi, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Xbox keeps returning on troubleshoot screen on startup, possibly due to OS.

Original post with all the details of my dilemma here

Pretty sure it might be in a preview update. The OS on my Xbox doesn’t match any of the ones on the website.

If I install the latest update (which is ahead of the one I have), would it maybe work? I’ve noticed that my Xbox keeps rejecting builds that are of an earlier version than it.

Happy to provide details as needed.

submitted by /u/barrio_boi
    [link] [comments]

/u/barrio_boi, Aug 9, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. Typod 30 Win User

My xbox gets E100

Have you already replaced the internal drive?

**EDIT** E100 error code means there was a problem with the update. First step would be to reset the console following the troubleshooter.
    You can reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. From the
    Something went wrong screen, select Troubleshoot to open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, select
    Reset this Xbox
    . When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.
  3. Panno92 Win User

xbox offline update

Yes, but keep in mind that you can restore only your sincronized progress, if you had some progress while offline you will not restore them
    "Resetting your console to its factory defaults erases all accounts, saved games, settings, and home Xbox associations. Anything not synchronized with Xbox Live will be lost. You should only
    use this option as a last resort."

I forgot to mention it before, but prior to make a complete factory restore you can make a basic reset and keep your games and app:

"If restarting the console does not return you to the Home screen, you can reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
    From the
    Something went wrong screen, use the D-pad and A button on
    your controller to select
    Troubleshoot to
    open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep
    games and apps
    . This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.If you are
    returned to the Home screen after the console resets and restarts, you’re done!
    Your console is now up to date."

Therefore I suggest you to try with this prior to make a complete factory reset.
  4. pawncrackers Win User

xbox offline software update file version is old, could you post the new one

Hi Bruce,

If you are continuing to experience issues with the latest update, I would recommend

visiting the Xbox One System Updates Solution page
    and going through the troubleshooter. I took your scenario and it guided me to this part. Feel free to give this a go, and hopefully it will set your console right:

Step 7: Reset your console

If restarting the console does not return you to the Home screen, you can reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. From the
    Something went wrong screen, use the D-pad

and A button on your controller to select Troubleshoot to open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, select
    Reset this Xbox
    . When prompted, select Keep games and apps.
    This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data
    without deleting your games or apps.

Note If the console reset is successful, you may be prompted to repeat some general console set-up steps before you are returned to the Home screen.

Forgive the crude copy/paste!

Hope this helps,

L
  5. LucasQuinello Win User

Xbox one s problem

Hello dear Gamer, it's a pleasure to help you today.

My name is Lucas O

I am a gamer and expert on the XBOX platform.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this situation is causing you.

Welcome to the community.

I hope I can help you in the best way.

You can reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. From the Something went wrong screen, use the D-pad  and A button  on your controller to select Troubleshoot to open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

If you need to manually bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button  on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 and 4) and then pressing the Xbox button .

Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

If this works, you should be returned to the Home screen after the console resets. Your console should function correctly now.

I want to thank you for contacting us in advance, it's always a pleasure to help the community.
  6. Nilay Bhattacharjee Win User

Xbox one x not opening troubleshoot menu

Hello LiveAtGam3s,

Nilay here and I'm glad to answer your query today.

Reset Console:

You can reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter. From the Something went wrong screen, use the D-pad  and A button  on your controller to select Troubleshoot to open the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

If you need to manually bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button on the console, and then press the Xbox button  on the console.

Note The Xbox Series S and the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition do not have Eject buttons. You can bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter on this console by holding only the Pair button (steps 3 and 4) and then pressing the Xbox button .

Continue holding the Pair and Eject buttons for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the Pair and Eject buttons after the second power-up tone.

The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.

To reset your console from the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, select Reset this Xbox. When prompted, select Keep games and apps. This option will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

If this works, you should be returned to the Home screen after the console resets. Your console should function correctly now.

You can follow this https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/fix-xbox-one-black-screen-of-death/ link and suggested steps there to get the console fixed.

Note for Above Link: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Good Luck
    Regards
Thema:

Xbox keeps returning on troubleshoot screen on startup, possibly due to OS.

1. Xbox keeps returning on troubleshoot screen on startup, possibly due to OS. - Similar Threads - keeps returning troubleshoot

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox after being turn of keeps flashing?: My xbox series s after being turned off starts to flash not connect to my tv and my controller stays on does anyone have a clue as to what's happening? submitted by /u/Riley6081 [link] [comments]
  5. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  6. When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When trying to add my sons friend to his friends list it keeps saying " we cant save your...: Help? Trying to re- add my sons friend so he can play minecraft with him but we keep getting a message saying " we cant save your changes right now try again in a while " after we've approved it ?...
  7. Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the...: Trying to play call of duty warzone. The game keeps crashing mid game and returns me to the Xbox home screen repeatedly. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game and it keeps happening. The...
  8. My xbox one won't install a game it keeps saying installation stopped and returns error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one won't install a game it keeps saying installation stopped and returns error...: My xbox one won't install a game it keeps saying installation stopped and returns error code 0x80073cf9 and uninstalling it just leads back to installation stopped, console is 6yrs old now....
  9. Elite 2 controller keeps getting returned unrepaired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 controller keeps getting returned unrepaired: I have an Elite Series 2 that I'm having warranty issues with. The controller powers off when the right trigger and right paddle buttons are pressed simultaneously. That doesn't seem like a...
  10. Netflix TV Keep Restarting on Return/Start-up (60% of the time)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Netflix TV Keep Restarting on Return/Start-up (60% of the time): Hello everyone I hope you are all well. Not sure if this is a problem with the Netflix App or an exclusive problem with XBOX ONE. Whenever I go to watch a TV show on Netflix, and stop anywhere...