Xbox keeps getting disconnected from internet on standby mode

Discus and support Xbox keeps getting disconnected from internet on standby mode in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Steps to reproduce: 1. Turn on xbox. 2. Connect to wifi. 3. Turn off console (don't unplug, put on standby). 4. Restart the router (can happen due... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lawvt, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Lawvt
    Lawvt Guest

Steps to reproduce:

1. Turn on xbox.

2. Connect to wifi.

3. Turn off console (don't unplug, put on standby).

4. Restart the router (can happen due to electricity issue or something)

5. Turn on xbox and viola, your internet no longer works unless you restart the console.

This is really annoying because you have to restart the console everytime for the internet to work. I would like a permanent fix to this once and for all. I am sure everyone can reproduce this bug with above followed steps.

***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Games issues***

:)

Lawvt, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Lawvt,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Lawvt,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you are experiencing network issue with Xbox that keeps on disconnecting on standby mode. Let us help you get to the bottom of this.

If your Xbox keeps disconnecting from the internet while in standby mode, here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

Change Power Mode Settings: Go to Settings > General > Power mode & startup and select "Instant-on". This setting should keep your Xbox connected to the network even when it's in sleep mode.

Change to Energy-saving Mode: If the above steps don't work, try switching to Energy-saving mode. Press the Xbox button, choose Settings, then All Settings. Go to Power & startup, expand Power mode & startup, select Energy-saving mode, and confirm the changes.

Remember that with Instant-on enabled, your Xbox doesn't fully turn off; it goes into a low power state and maintains a connection to the internet to search for updates. However, there might be issues with game installations being possible when in standby, so it's worth testing out these settings to see if they resolve your problem.

Router and Modem Reset:

1. Turn off your Xbox and unplug it from the power source.

2. Turn off your router and unplug it from the power source.

3. Wait for 30 seconds.

4. Plug in your router and turn it on.

5. Wait for your router to fully restart.

6. Plug in your Xbox and turn it on.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. -Aymara- Win User

Game update doesn't make any progress

Depending on your internet bandwidth updates with a size of several GB can take several hours to download. It's not unusual, that the progress gets stuck at 1% for over an hour.

I solved the problem by installing new games before I go to bed. My X1 is set to standby mode and so it keeps downloading even after switching to standby. Next morning the game is ready to be played.
  5. Logicallis Win User

System Monitor ?

There are no known complications, there is a big debate among technicians that leaving the electronic device in the standby mode can increase the life of the device, since the capacitors do not lose energy completely by stressing the components less.

The other aspect is that the standby mode uses energy in reduced use, charging the electricity bill.

Completely disconnecting the console from power, restarts the system.

In the end, it is a personal choice.
  6. EvilBoris GX Win User

Regret it.

it'll get easier once it's set up as all future updates will happen when the machine is in standby.

If you are really dying to play and you have got to the point where you have signed in, disconnect your Xbox from the internet and you can play the game that you are updating offline instead.
Thema:

1. Xbox keeps getting disconnected from internet on standby mode - Similar Threads - keeps getting disconnected

2. I keep getting disconnected

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep getting disconnected: Whenever I play any game solo , online or offline , even if I am in an Xbox party chat with friends , after playing the game for about an hour I am disconnected from the Xbox network, this never...
  3. I keep getting disconnected from my Xbox party when I make a looking for group post

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting disconnected from my Xbox party when I make a looking for group post: I keep getting disconnected from my Xbox party when I make a looking for group post 3aba7643-204f-4a91-afb1-85e74d4a7f6e
  4. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  5. Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I keep getting disconnected from forza horizon 5 servers: For the past three days I have been constantly being disconnected from Forza horizon five servers with a message that says you have been disconnected from the server. Please try again later for...
  6. All ports keep getting disconnected as i play

in XboX Insiders
    All ports keep getting disconnected as i play: Hey whenever i try to play on my console every wire thats connected to it keeps disconnecting from it but everything is plugged in. Does anyone know any solutions to this? submitted by...
  7. I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I keep getting party disconnected every time I try join a friend's party, but when I create...: If I create a party chat friends can join me and party chat is fine. But if I try join a friend's party chat it just keeps giving my connecting and then disconnects me. We have even tried that the...
  8. Anybody know why I keep getting disconnected only on rainbow six and I’m on Ethernet no...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody know why I keep getting disconnected only on rainbow six and I’m on Ethernet no...: Anybody know why I keep getting disconnected only on rainbow six and I’m on Ethernet no connection problems just kicks me out of matches just started today. 2bfe270c-2f64-4cdd-9a1d-f87a10b3aafb
  9. Why is my xbox and wireless headset keep getting disconnected??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox and wireless headset keep getting disconnected??: When I jumped on my xbox series s today after work, I've noticed that when I press the Xbox button my controller and headset but just disconnect for a bit and then reconnect, anyone else having...
  10. Xbox keeps getting disconnected from internet on standby mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox keeps getting disconnected from internet on standby mode: Steps to reproduce: 1. Turn on xbox. 2. Connect to wifi. 3. Turn off console (don't unplug, put on standby). 4. Restart the router (can happen due to electricity issue or something) 5. Turn...