Xbox Issue with Chat Mixer and a PDP wireless headset

Discus and support Xbox Issue with Chat Mixer and a PDP wireless headset in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have an old Xbox One and I'm using a PDP wireless headset via USB dongle. Since the OS update that came out this week I've had the software Chat... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by J Barnett, Jun 19, 2023.

1. J Barnett
    J Barnett Guest

I have an old Xbox One and I'm using a PDP wireless headset via USB dongle. Since the OS update that came out this week I've had the software Chat Mixer greyed out and Chat maxes out when I connect the headset. The issue doesn't seem to happen with an old Turtle Beach wireless headset that connects via the console's wireless pairing, and I can mix the game volume and chat volume. I've tried hard resets on both the console and the headset. Anyone have any other suggestions to get control for the PDP headset via Chat Mixer again?

:)

J Barnett, Jun 19, 2023
  2. J Barnett Win User

Thanks Rostom.

I tried a console reset and it didn't have any affect as far as I can tell.

I reached out to PDP and I'm hoping to get some info from them. In my own testing. Mixer responds to the onboard controls of both headsets. Unfortunately for me the PDP doesn't have it's own Chat/Game Volume knob like the Turtle Beach is what the console seems to be looking for. So for some reason the Mixer started maxing out the Chat Volume and essentially muting the Game volume. I'm hoping I have a setting wrong somewhere and that's causing the issue.

I appreciate your assistance.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Hi J! Sorry to hear about the issue. Let's see what we can do about this matter here.

If your old Turtle Beach wireless headset works fine with chat mixer, it may be a compatibility issue or bug with the latest console firmware since you mentioned that it happened after the update.

I suggest that you check for your PDP wireless headset firmware update if there's one available. Alternatively, we could also perform a factory reset. There's an option to keep your games and apps:
    Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.
    Select Reset console.
    On the Reset your console? Please choose “Reset and keep my games & apps”
  4. Rostom L Win User

Thank you for the additional information, J. I don't think it's a setting issue because your other headset works fine with the console's chat mixer. Since it happened after an update, there's a possibility that it's a system issue. I recommend that you instead file a bug or report it directly to Team Xbox for them to properly investigate the issue. You can use the Report a problem app to report that. Check your guide here https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m....
  5. DarkerFirestar Win User

Can you use the Xbox one wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the usb wireless adapter?

Yes, you can use the Xbox One wireless headset chat mixer on PC if you have the USB wireless adapter.

To do this, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Connect the USB wireless adapter to your PC.
    2. Turn on your Xbox One wireless headset and hold down the power button on the headset until it starts flashing. This puts the headset in pairing mode.
    3. Press the pairing button on the USB wireless adapter until the LED starts flashing.
    4. Once the LED on the USB wireless adapter stops flashing and stays lit, the headset is paired with your PC.
    5. Open the Xbox Accessories app on your PC, and click on the "Xbox One Wireless Controller" device.
    6. From there, you can adjust the chat mixer settings to your liking.
    Once you have completed these steps, you should be able to use the chat mixer on your Xbox One wireless headset with your PC.
  6. Frathos Win User

I cant access my chat mixer its just greyed out and I cant do anything

Are you using a wireless headset like Astro A50? If so then you have to use the physical chat mixer that is built in to the headset as the console guide chat mixer will be greyed out.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. Xbox Issue with Chat Mixer and a PDP wireless headset - Similar Threads - Issue Chat Mixer

2. Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch

in XboX Insiders
    Issues With Xbox Party Chat for Twitch: Hello, I am running into an issue on my Xbox and I’m hoping someone here can help me out. I recently have gotten a XR1 capture card and a webcam to start streaming. I downloaded OBS to my MacBook...
  3. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  4. Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Wireless Headset Party/Game Chat Issues: I recently purchased the xbox wireless headset for my xbox series s however i have been unable to get it to work on discord thought the xbox but it works on my phone. all in game chat seemed to...
  5. I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm having audio issues with my Xbox One (chat): Hi everyone For the last week or so I've been having some truly frustrating audio issues. Currently everything works perfectly except for the fact that I cant hear other players speak. I can see...
  6. Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s.: Hi guys, I'm having an issue with party chat on my Xbox series s. When I try to join a party chat it says "connecting" until it says error and I drop out of the party chat, however this problem...
  7. When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When will Microsoft, a Billion with a B, dollar company fix it's party chat issues that...: Fix party chat. It's been an issue since 2015 on the Xbox One original. And you've done nothing to fix it, utterly useless of Microsoft, billion dollar company, can't even fix their own issue that...
  8. Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two Xboxes in same flat on same network have party chat issues: I’m in a flat share with some other people so we all share the same internet. When we play with others over the internet party chat works fine. When we try to add each other from the same house...
  9. Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im not sure how to fix this issue I have been having with party chat.: I have an open nat type, but when I join parties, it says that I am connecting, then I get kicked out, with the message "party chat disconnected showing at the bottom. This happened back in...
  10. Headset chat mixer issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer issues.: Split from this thread. The same thing has just happened to me today, when I purchased a new controller. I went through as many troubleshooting options that I could think of and I can't seem...