Xbox isn't recognizing my 3tb MyBook external hard drive

Discus and support Xbox isn't recognizing my 3tb MyBook external hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have used this external hard drive for a while with my computer and used a 1Tb for my Xbox 1. Now that the 1tb is starting to get full, I was going... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jmwade55, Oct 25, 2016.

1. jmwade55
    jmwade55 Guest

I have used this external hard drive for a while with my computer and used a 1Tb for my Xbox 1. Now that the 1tb is starting to get full, I was going to try and switch them. However, when I hook my 3tb drive to the Xbox, it does nothing and shows nothing
    new has connected to it. I have tried formatting the drive on my computer to get it to recognize it and have tried all the tips from the support page on external hard drives. Does anyone else have any other suggestions as to how I can get my Xbox to recognize
    this hard drive or am I just out of luck? Thanks.

:)

jmwade55, Oct 25, 2016
  2. Metal Milita
    Metal Milita Guest
    Xbox one wont recognize external hard dirve

I bought a 3tb seagate external hard drive around Christmas and ive been using for 6 months now until a few days ago when my xbox stopped recognizing it

Metal Milita, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Subject : 2TB hard drive for xbox 360

Hi i would recomend a MYBOOK for external usage...i am currently using a mybook 4TB external hard drive for my Xbox One. I love it. For the Xbox 360 i would suggest a 2tb mybook, now be careful because there are a MyBook and MyCloud...i recomend MyBook.
    Hope this helps Xbox isn't recognizing my 3tb MyBook external hard drive :)

marklutz12345, Oct 25, 2016
  4. marklutz12345 Win User

Subject : 2TB hard drive for xbox 360

Hi i would recomend a MYBOOK for external usage...i am currently using a mybook 4TB external hard drive for my Xbox One. I love it. For the Xbox 360 i would suggest a 2tb mybook, now be careful because there are a MyBook and MyCloud...i recomend MyBook.
    Hope this helps :)
  5. MichaelF99 Win User

my 3.0 usb ports aren't working kinda

yeah a controller is working for my xbox one but my external hard drive which is a 3tb seagate is not working so my usb ports work fine its just for some reason the external hard drive isn't so any other suggestions or should i just get a new hard drive
    and try again
  6. InSaNe1984 Win User

My Xbox one will not access games that are on my external hard drive please help

I'm having a similar problem. I'll be in the middle of playing a game and it simply shuts down and the external drive is no longer visible. I have to unplug and replug in the hard drive for it to be recognized. 15 to 20 minutes later, it does it again.

I'm using a 3TB Fantom Drives 7200 RPM USB 3.0 drive.
  7. keithMerrell1 Win User

Saving games and clips to external HDD

First sentence says I bought a HHD. I have a 3tb xbox seagate external hard drive.
  8. Crispfallday Win User

External Hard Drive Not Recognized Anymore

Thanks for your reply! I did try that out, it does recognize other usb/external hard drives, so I'm thinking the problem is more with this particular hard drive that suddenly isn't being recognized anymore.
Thema:

1. Xbox isn't recognizing my 3tb MyBook external hard drive - Similar Threads - isn't recognizing 3tb

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip

in XboX Insiders
    Party chat isn't working anymore with the new update today 06.22.2024 Alpha Skip: Anyone else having this problem. When i join someones party or invite someone both icons disappear from the chat. Sorry for my bad English submitted by /u/SineX_KingChris [link] [comments]
  4. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  5. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick: will not work on home screen but will work in games for multiple controllers tried all power cycles update if i switch the controller mappping it reconizes the right but not the left...
  6. Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing right joystick for multiple controllers: I was playing MW3 and my right joystick stopped working. I checked for update, un-synced and re-synced and power cycled both my controller and Xbox to no avail. I also reset my Series X. I tried...
  7. DLC isn't recognized in Remnant: from the Ashes on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC isn't recognized in Remnant: from the Ashes on PC: I own Remnant: from the Ashes - Complete Edition and have tried installing it multiple times including the DLC (Swamps of Corsus & Subject 2923) both separate and as part of the automatic queueing...
  8. Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series x isn't recognizing RS for multiple controllers: Did multiple power-cycles, just completed a reset as well as power-cycling the controllers as well. Nothing has worked, and they stopped working mid-online match....
  9. why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game: why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3. it is still saying to preorder the game. everything says locked. i bought the vault edition. its also past the release date so when am i...
  10. My hard drive is being recognized so why isn't it opening any of my games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My hard drive is being recognized so why isn't it opening any of my games?: I have my hard drive plugged into my Xbox and it is being recognized just got new cords for it, and it won't open or play any of my games. It's says there was an error opening the app, might need...