Xbox is telling me to re purchase Modern Warfare 2

Discus and support Xbox is telling me to re purchase Modern Warfare 2 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I had to unplug my extended hard-drive from my Xbox and when I plugged it back in it won’t let me play Modern Warfare 2. It says that I’m still... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dualwing108, May 6, 2023.

1. Dualwing108
    Dualwing108 Guest

I had to unplug my extended hard-drive from my Xbox and when I plugged it back in it won’t let me play Modern Warfare 2. It says that I’m still connected to my lvl 329 account and it will let me play Warzone and DMZ with all my skins and weapons. I tried downloading the Modern Warfare 2 game and content packs on to the Xbox’s storage without the hard-drive plugged in and it still won’t work.

:)

Dualwing108, May 6, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

We need to make sure that you're signed in under the correct account where the game was purchased. Please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders.

Once confirmed, follow the steps below:

"Go to "My games and apps" > Installed games > Highlight the game > Press the Menu button > Go to "manage games and add-ons" > Click the game icon."

Make sure that these packs are installed:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 1

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 2

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 3

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 4

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 5

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II - Content Pack 6
  3. WaxiestFerret37 Win User

Call of duty modern warfare wont let me play multiplayer

same with mine too, I got the full modern warfare disc, but it's telling me to purchase modern warfare, but only giving me the option to play warzone.
  4. jlma00 Jose LuisMart Win User

COD Modern Warfare - Physical Copy Issue After WarZone Update

You do not understand the issue, you have to understand that there is modern warfare (not free) and modern warfare war zone (free)

For those who have a physical version, we can't access the original modern warfare campaign and other stuff from the main game that we purchased, we can only access modern warfare war zone, everytime we try to play the original modern warfare and not modern
    warfare war zone it tell us that we have to purchase it. Even though we had paid for the physical version already.
  5. Chad Fish Win User

I bought call of duty modern warfare 2 and it is telling me to buy it again

I bought the hard disk copy the day after it was released. I have played it several times. There was an update today and now it is telling me I need to purchase Modern Warfare 2 to play. What can i do?
  6. HYPER ACTIVE11 Win User

COD: MW2 Remastered Bundle

I purchased the Modern Warfare 2 remastered bundle in Modern Warfare (2019) and did not recieve anything except the Remastered game. Please fix this.
Thema:

1. Xbox is telling me to re purchase Modern Warfare 2 - Similar Threads - telling purchase Modern

2. Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox telling me to purchase Xbox game pass to access online services for select...: Some games, not all of them, including monster hunter world and elden ring continue to tell me I need to purchase Xbox game pass to play them and access online multiplayer. I am able to play them...
  3. I have error to log in Minecraft. Telling to purchase again . I logged in in same account...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have error to log in Minecraft. Telling to purchase again . I logged in in same account...: have error to log in Minecraft. Telling to purchase again . I logged in in same account on Microsoft store,Xbox app etc ,all updated windows 95a415ea-b293-4174-bc84-8d0de9b83490
  4. Telling me to buy it again after already purchasing, fix?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Telling me to buy it again after already purchasing, fix?: Hello,I just pre-ordered this game and it has been paid as seen in my order history. I own it. However, it is telling me to purchase the game again after already buying it when logging in. The...
  5. I have call of duty modern warfare disc but it tells me to purchase it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have call of duty modern warfare disc but it tells me to purchase it: Call of duty not working have the disc but still telling me to purchase it 0a12efd6-dbd6-49b7-9115-7390055c06f8
  6. Why does the xbox app on pc tell me after it installs 136gigs fh5 that I have to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the xbox app on pc tell me after it installs 136gigs fh5 that I have to purchase...: It tells me I need to purchase again after I alrwddy have it. And I have the order number and receipt. I'm on pc 79101b99-2c56-4489-894a-2587d46c17cc
  7. Fallout 3 DLC on GOTY editon telling me to purchase to use.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3 DLC on GOTY editon telling me to purchase to use.: I purchased the X Box One/X Box 360 Fallout 3 Game Of The Year edition. I installed everything, but the DLC is saying I have to pay for it. The DLC is not available online and only showed up once...
  8. issue running mw2 multiplayer telling me to purchase when I already own it??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    issue running mw2 multiplayer telling me to purchase when I already own it??: I’m having an issue running mw2 multiplayer telling me to purchase the game when I already own it?? 104a71fa-32c7-4231-9b15-3e2316c31fdf
  9. I pay for diablo 4 in December and play all the betas and on Launch it tells me to purchase...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pay for diablo 4 in December and play all the betas and on Launch it tells me to purchase...: I pay for diablo 4 in December and play all the betas and on Launch it tells me to purchase it again and I did need help 7cb2d0d2-b664-4f2f-9de0-8639009de9fa
  10. MW2 telling me to purchase MW2 to access everything..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW2 telling me to purchase MW2 to access everything..: i have the disk in console, an all updates are up to date..what do i do... I've reset the internet.. I've unplugged the xbox for 5 mins alos 726d0c59-8c0a-40ed-8d3a-179eae7c1659