xbox is not showing variable refresh rate even tho i have a monitor that supports amd freesync

Discus and support xbox is not showing variable refresh rate even tho i have a monitor that supports amd freesync in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; my monitor is philips evnia 3000 series it has amd freesync and nvidia g-sync it was showing before but it isn't showing now for some reason.i have... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Erekle Napireli, Dec 4, 2023.

1. xbox is not showing variable refresh rate even tho i have a monitor that supports amd freesync

my monitor is philips evnia 3000 series

it has amd freesync and nvidia g-sync

it was showing before but it isn't showing now for some reason.i have xbox series s btw

:)

Erekle Napireli, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Erekle Napireli Win User

Why is my variable refresh rate greyed out on my Xbox Series X?

My problem is that it was showing before that i had variable refresh rate but now it is not showing

my monitor supports amd freesync premium and nvidia g-sync

my monitor name is Philips evnia 3000 series
  3. RoyalPurplehead Win User

VRR Gsync / AMD Freesync Premium

From how understand it:

VRR - proprietry HDMI - 2.1 standard

Fressync - AMDs version of variable refresh rate

G-sync - Nvidias version of Variable refresh rate - will not wotk on an Xbox as it has an AMD chip, this is for people who use the C1 as a monitor and have a PC with NVidia GPU.

so on the Xbox just leave both options on and the Xbox will select AMD Freesync.
  4. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

xbox is not showing variable refresh rate even tho i have a monitor that supports amd freesync

Hi Erekle N, my name is Jose, and I would be happy to help.

If you are experiencing issues with variable refresh rate on your Xbox Series S and Philips Evnia 3000 series monitor, here are some possible solutions you could try:

Firmware Updates:
    Ensure that both your Xbox Series S and your monitor have the latest firmware updates. Sometimes, updates can resolve compatibility issues.

Console Settings:
    Check the settings on your Xbox Series S. Go to the video settings and make sure the variable refresh rate option is enabled. Additionally, verify that the resolution and video settings are compatible with your monitor's variable refresh rate.

Monitor Settings:
    Review your monitor settings. Ensure that FreeSync is enabled and configured correctly on the monitor. Some monitors may have specific settings that need adjustment for FreeSync to work correctly.

HDMI Cable:
    Make sure you are using a high-speed and quality HDMI cable. A faulty or low-quality cable can affect the console's ability to communicate properly with the monitor.

Compatibility Issues:
    Check for known compatibility issues between your Xbox Series S and Philips Evnia 3000 series monitor. You can consult online forums or technical support websites for information on potential problems and solutions.

Technical Support:
    If the issue persists after trying these solutions, consider reaching out to the technical support teams of Xbox and Philips for additional assistance. There may be specific issues that require the attention of the manufacturers.

Remember that solutions may vary based on software and firmware updates released after my last update in January 2022. It's always advisable to check the most recent sources for updated information on compatibility issues and solutions.

Xbox Technical Support: https://support.xbox.com/

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Best regards,
    Jose.
  5. Justin Frigo Win User

Variable Refresh Rate

Yea my monitor info says it’s displaying 1080p 135khz/120hz in the display information in settings and it looks and feels awesome I was just curious since I have freesync premium turned on in the monitor settings itself if it still is refreshing the rates even though the Xbox specific setting isn’t on cause the DisplayPort to the monitor itself offers up to 1080p 240hz variable refresh rate through the freesync option in the specs of the monitor
  6. ProvingFever5 Win User

Xbox one s 1440p 120hz problems

Hi,

This monitor only supports 100Hz over HDMI with FreeSync turned ON (higher via Display Port).

With FreeSync OFF this monitor does support 1440p @ 120Hz as per the Manual and LG support.

Source: https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

This makes means that with FreeSync ON you will be limited to 60Hz with xbox. Can you try turning off FreeSync via the Monitor and/or untick Variable Refresh Rate on the xbox. Hopefully this makes 120Hz available to you.
Thema:

1. xbox is not showing variable refresh rate even tho i have a monitor that supports amd freesync - Similar Threads - showing variable refresh

2. How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change input timing on my monitor?. Only shows me the options to change the hdmi...: Whenever I click press physically the menu buttons on my monitor it just shows me the input sources. I don’t have a keyboard or anything just xbox and my monitor....
  3. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  4. capes showing on bedrock and not java

in XBoX on Windows
    capes showing on bedrock and not java: i own the twitch tiktok and cherry and many more capes on bedrock and it doesent apper on java i need help lmao 7bc91843-96e7-41e7-8a2c-1b61f450619c
  5. It's not showing the only way I can verify...

in XBoX Accessibility
    It's not showing the only way I can verify...: I'm trying to use the QR code but it's not showing up for some reason I've been trying to redeem a reward from the reward system but this is my brothers account that he let me have and the email...
  6. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  7. there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...

in XBoX on Consoles
    there’s no way to put the password in because no keyboard will show up to pick the letters...: I’m sorry if this is repeat itself but I just finally got my son and Xbox one SO digital edition and I’m trying to tell her set it up and it won’t let me connect to the network because it won’t...
  8. Why is Vshojo X SMITE bundle only showing on PC Xbox App but not the console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Vshojo X SMITE bundle only showing on PC Xbox App but not the console?: So the only way I can really explain this issue is that I am able to see the bundle on the Xbox PC app but not on my console. When I go to "My games & apps" on the PC app I am able to see the...
  9. Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X not showing on screen after overiding display to HDMI: My Xbox series x was not displaying on my screen and the HDMI was not being detected. I saw several videos and tried several things that told me that the HDMI cable and TV were not the problem. I...
  10. Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history

in XBoX on Windows
    Why minecraft cape didnt appear iam using java but it shows in the micosoft order history: Minecraft cape dosen't appear iam using java version of the game but it shows in order history 238572d1-6d0b-4812-80b1-692abcbe9e47