Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

Discus and support Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering why only certain 3D Discs get rejected by my Xbox One, but play perfectly fine on my Playstaiton 3. I would tewast dad's 3D + 4KD +... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TripleTopper321, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

I was wondering why only certain 3D Discs get rejected by my Xbox One, but play perfectly fine on my Playstaiton 3. I would tewast dad's 3D + 4KD + network TV player upstairs but it doesn't have 3DTV attached to it All my other discs work fine, like all
    my BD discs, quite a few 3D discs, and every DVD, whether they're retail copies or DVD-Rs taped off TV.

First of all, there's no 3D versions of the movies on the Microsoft Store, Netflix, Amazon Prime or anywhere else siufgitally, so even if I DID have the b andwdith, I couldn't get a 3D Movie if I wanted to online. Second, fairly recently, I don't even see
    3D discs in Retail Stores anymore eiother. I don't remember the last retail store disc that wasn't at a Goodwill

that I bought. And most places don't have 3D versions in stores. The few that have it are mixed with their 2D stuff. Probably the last 12 new 3D discs I bought were from Ebay.

They don't work on Xbox One, yet they work on a Playstation 3. It's not an issue of being foreign, because some discs are clearly labeled ABC and work on an Xbox One. Also it's not a DVD-R issue because all my TV-burnt discs work fine.

Is Xbox adding extra restictions that are not on the PS3? Why would Xbox sabotage Blu Ray discs and not comply wihtt eh basic Blu Ray standard?

Finally, i have Simpsons complete season DVDs where the closed captions appear on my CRT TV, but not on my Sony PS3DTV when an Xbox One when a DVD-R with a tuner being transmitted to the TV carries the CC signal, but not the Xbox playing of the video through
    the HDMI Port being run simultaneously. Same is true playing the DVDs directly on the Xbox One. And no, it's not a burnt issue because these DBVDs are store bought, not home taped.

:)

TripleTopper321, Aug 19, 2019
  2. TripleTopper321 Win User

Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards

Luckily, the ones you get were easy up until a certain point. Anything that said "region free" or "ABC" would supposedly work anywhere in the world. Now certain 3D auctions are advertising, "No Xbox/Playstation" Why are those 2 being picked on?

Especially considering most of American movie re-imports are of 3D movies, why are PS4s and Xbox Ones more consistently targeting import 3D movies. If the 3D discs are discouraged, then where DOES one go for 3D movies? Premium Cable/Satellite channels
    is a no-go. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and other similar seervices are a big goose egg too. Physical media is pretty much the only place to find 3D. Otherwise Microsoft would have 3D versions on the Xbox Shop.

Of course I'd have limited bandwidth, so I couldn't partake. But my point is that even if I did, there's no where to go for 3D movies, and especially 3D TV.

In the past year, have you gotten any 3D movies from a retail? The last 3D movies I bought at a retailer locally that was new and had 3D were Rogue One. Ghostbusters: Answer the Call, (which came in a 4K+3D combo pack) and Justice League. i had a deal
    with my dad. If he wanted a movie new, I'd pay the difference between the 2D Blu Ray version and 3D version.

Now I pay slightly more for a 3D only version on Ebay.

If you follow my posts (the ones labeled by username
    "tripletopper" on Blu-Ray.com
    ) you'll see I try to make sense of 3D hatred that is popular among some people. I believe it's the difference between CAN BE 3D vs MUST BE 3D. Most Americans would only like a 3D TV broadcast if they can choose to either partake
    in 3D or 2D. I agree that being forced to put on 3D glasses just to watch something like Wheel of Fortune is ridiculous, but if 2D is an available easy option for every show, then no one would complain, just like Stereo, Closed Captions, and foreign language
    tracks in the 80s, or color in the 60s Those technologies stepped on toes way less than the HD digital requirement which kept getting pushed back until 2009 did to Analog knuckle-draggers.

Is there that much 3D Hatred that Playstation 4 and Xbox One want to shut out 3D movies? Otherwise, why are my failing movies foreign 3D Blu Rays? AND JUST THOSE?
  3. Dageto Kraft Win User

I guess as in the DVD is the type of format, check that you have updated your system
  4. Mikeysoonerfan Win User

I haven't got one in over a year. Best buy advertised guardians of the galaxy 2 in 3d but when I went to the store they said they neve had it. The last one I bought in a retail store I think was the original guardians of the galaxy. I have a passive 3d
    tv, my brother has one of those flicker 3d tvs and he never uses his because of the batteries and cost of glasses. Which is the same for dad and home not using his. I think in a way that kinda killed 3d here. With my passive 3d tv I can get glasses for $2.
    Even the ones from the movie theater work with it. I think if they would of gone more with the passive 3d I think more people would of invested in it.
  5. TripleTopper321 Win User

Maybe can be some Video format, you try reset your profile in your Console to test? Try see if this guide help you fix this

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/11/22/best-4k-hdr-experience-xbox/
    What does 4k have to doi with 3D. You can have one withou tthe other, and 3D was on the Xbox One Base Mode, and my Playstaiton 3D TV nor my upstairs TV has a 4K or 30 Bit color mode, so that doesn’t apply. I assume if it’s set on 4K and my TV is nable
    to hndle it, woudl ejecting 3D discs be a symptom of that problem?

I guess I can check to see if 4K and 30 bit color are off. By the Way the Xbox One Base supported 30 bit color, but not 4K.
  6. Radiant Sword X Win User

Since the new technology, I would imagine digital technology has been never than physical form like discs. It's been like this since the late Xbox 360 days.
Thema:

1. Xbox is deviating form the DVD / Blu Ray/ 3D Disc playback and closed captioning standards - Similar Threads - deviating form DVD

2. i have a direct deposit authorization form?

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a direct deposit authorization form?: i have a direct deposit authorization form from my cash app to authorize Microsoft to pay me where do i send this direct deposit form to Microsoft what is their email address so i can send it to...
  3. Recover form being denied

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover form being denied: The recovery process is BS I have tried everything they have told me Todo I know for a fact they have a way to access the information I need my account back it's total horse **** iv done 2 forms...
  4. W-9 Form?

in XBoX on Windows
    W-9 Form?: I am adding Minecraft to eSports at my school district. I am trying to put in a PO to purchase copies of the game from the website, but I am needing a completed W9 form. Is this something you...
  5. What do I do when it keeps sending me to a verification form?

in XBoX Accessibility
    What do I do when it keeps sending me to a verification form?: I’ve been trying to sign in to my Xbox account but it says my credentials have been at risk on my outlook account. Which I don’t know how I don’t use the outlook account anywhere else but my Xbox,...
  6. Your automated recovery form

in XBoX Accessibility
    Your automated recovery form: It’s not ideal. Is the entire form case sensitive? Approx how much of this form must be filled out for the automated server to acknowledge that a user should be allowed back into their Microsoft...
  7. When recovering account via online form, what address do you use?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When recovering account via online form, what address do you use?: Failed 4 times at recovering my Microsoft account. I have 17 years on it, 275k gamerscore and own over 500 digital games and I can't pass the verification despite everything I put in is right....
  8. I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t...: I have been unable to recover my Outlook account that I use for my Xbox profile using the online recovery option. I have filled out the form that it gives me many times with all of the information...
  9. I have filled out a microsoft account recovery form multiple times for it just to fail.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have filled out a microsoft account recovery form multiple times for it just to fail.: I need help quickly! I have been trying to recover my account that I lost access to about a year ago for months now, and get the same outcome every time. Every time I try to do the recovery form...
  10. I have a blocked account sign in and filled out the form and cannot get my account back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a blocked account sign in and filled out the form and cannot get my account back.: I recently got a new laptop and tried to sign into my account that I have used for years now. Have an active Xbox account on and pay for a monthly subscription for. And I have filled out there...