Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should...

Discus and support Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition and when I try to play Sea of Thieves it asks me to choose a Gamepass subscription plan even though I own the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Wallanders Wallander, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should...

I bought Sea of Thieves 2023 Edition and when I try to play Sea of Thieves it asks me to choose a Gamepass subscription plan even though I own the game. If I decline buying a subscription Sea of Thieves won't let me play. In game, Sea of Thieves calls it an Avocado Beard. I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing the game and it didn't work. What should I do or what is the problem?

:)

Wallanders Wallander, Jul 28, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should I do?

Since the game is online only, you need Gold or Game Pass Ultimate (which includes Gold) in order to play it.
  3. Jonny306 Win User

Game pass is not working

Okay,

You won't have Gamepass.

Gamepass is a subscription that provides access to a library of games that can be played without purchasing them. Similar to Netflix.

While "Gamepass Ultimate" provided access to that same library and also gives access to Xbox Gold and EA Play.

Ea Play is also like gamepass that offers their own game library that can be accessed while the Subscription is active.

With Gamepass Ultimate, you'll have Gold, Gamepass, and Ea Play all in one Subscription.

However, what you purchased (Xbox Live) is Xbox Gold. This is a subscription that provides access to online gaming.

It is not Gamepass so if you are looking for an active Gamepass after redeeming that 12-month Subscription, Gamepass will not show but Xbox Live or Xbox Gold should show.

Is that showing up at all?
  4. SoberCoffee752 Win User

Game Pass disturbs the offline mode

Yes plz fix even if i own a game on gamepass it still prompts me to sign in or renew subscription.
  5. HackingSpartan8 Win User

Xbox Game Pass Games Asking To Install On Devices?

Did you sign up to Xbox GamePass for PC or for Console? If you signed up for Xbox GamePass for Console , some games, specifically play anywhere games are still playable on PC. You need to sign up for either GamePass on PC or GamePass Ultimate to access
    the full catalog of PC games. More information on how to sign-up can be found here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/xbox-subscriptions/xbox-game-pass-pc-faq
  6. choppyseize Win User

Share a Game pass Ultimate account ?

It is possible to share Gamepass on PC. I will play Sea or Thieves or Forza on my PC using my Gamepass subscription while my kid plays on my home xbox using his account.

He essentially uses my Gamepass subscription on my Home Xbox while signed into his own account. I use my account on the PC and we play together.

It's a common thing many families do.
Thema:

Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should...

1. Xbox is asking me to sign up for a Gamepass Subscription to play a game I own, what should... - Similar Threads - asking sign Gamepass

2. My Xbox Cloud gaming asks me to sign in, but when i click sign in, it reloads the tab and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox Cloud gaming asks me to sign in, but when i click sign in, it reloads the tab and...: I am trying to play Fortnite off my phone and when I go to sign in after hitting get ready to play it bring back the same screen on the cloud Xbox.. I don’t know what I am doing wrong?...
  3. How do I get pass the sign in screen that is telling me to enter a code when it is asked for ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get pass the sign in screen that is telling me to enter a code when it is asked for ?: How do I get pass the sign in screen that is telling me to enter a code when it is asked for ? 678e92ff-9377-4733-b1f3-9e3a9194bcd1
  4. Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Player for Xbox Series S is asking me to "Sign In" when opening the app. error code...: I am trying to view my screenshots and clips on my Seagate Portable 1TB External Hard Drive but when I access the Media Player app it tells me to sign in and none of my captures are in the hard...
  5. My feather client is not signing up it is asking for a child consent but when i am clicking...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My feather client is not signing up it is asking for a child consent but when i am clicking...: Please help i am not able to sign up in my feather client account in Microsoft 1c8ef1ba-2128-46a1-994a-1c00c42475fc
  6. Asked to sign into X Box series S using a link, then nothing happens. What's going on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Asked to sign into X Box series S using a link, then nothing happens. What's going on?: Hello, Basically I've set up my xbox yesterday and it worked fine. Turned it off and turned it on again today, asked to log into my (github) account that's connected with Microsoft. It says...
  7. Why does my Microsoft account keep asking me to sign in? in website

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my Microsoft account keep asking me to sign in? in website: i try to sign in my account in this link (https://account.microsoft.com/account/Account) i wrote my username and password right and u send me an email that contain a code then i used that code for...
  8. Minecraft is asking me to buy the game I already own when trying to sign in on a new laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft is asking me to buy the game I already own when trying to sign in on a new laptop.: I've installed the game from my library within the xbox app, surely that proves I already own the game. 388725c2-a7d7-48f2-b034-4ec4e36c5164
  9. Why is Secret Neighbor asking for Game Pass sign up when I purchased the game outright?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Secret Neighbor asking for Game Pass sign up when I purchased the game outright?: We purchased this game for my sons birthday, but he can't play it as once it loads it asks you to choose from a Game Pass option to continue. Why is this if the game was purchased in full?...
  10. Why can I not sign in my account from the settings as it is asking me to verify another email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can I not sign in my account from the settings as it is asking me to verify another email.: So I can login in with the same email I am using since I was forced to create one but the one on my laptop when I go into the settings trying to update some information it says I need to verify...