Xbox IP address with no TV

Discus and support Xbox IP address with no TV in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I want to stream my Xbox One to my Lenovo laptop through the Xbox app which I have done before, however it is asking me for my Xbox's IP address which... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by oskarelliott, Sep 24, 2018.

1. oskarelliott
    oskarelliott Guest

I want to stream my Xbox One to my Lenovo laptop through the Xbox app which I have done before, however it is asking me for my Xbox's IP address which I can't access as I dont have a tv to be able to look at the xbox settings to locate the address. How
    can I get the address without using a TV? So I can connect my xbox to my laptop.

:)

oskarelliott, Sep 24, 2018
  2. BU11ETZ
    BU11ETZ Guest
    Nat type and Disconnecting

Also, this is all with a dynamic ip address no manual ip on xbox

BU11ETZ, Sep 24, 2018
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    no ip address

Cool thanks for the feedback

GMAN990, Sep 24, 2018
  4. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest

You might want to see if your router has a network map feature, to show what devices are trying to connect to the network. It could be a webpage visible via the browser, or it could be an app on your smartphone.

RandyAU93, Sep 24, 2018
  5. If I well remember when I did the same, if your laptop and xbox are in a local network (connected to the same router), the app should not ask for the IP but recognize the xbox already in the network (as
    long as it is ON and connected to the network).

You should check if that is the case even if without a video output attached to the console it may be a problem.

When the app finds no xbox in the local network it will then ask for the IP, but if the cause is the xbox itself, providing one will not change the result.

MRallamagoosa, Sep 24, 2018
  6. Most routers use 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 as the local address, type it in your browser and you should see the admin interface (it may require user and pwd, but that is something you should know on your router).

Otherwise use "ipconfig" on the command line to get all your network details, router address included.

MRallamagoosa, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: