Xbox Insider Hub Won't Sign in - Unspecified Error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005 (0x80004005)

Discus and support Xbox Insider Hub Won't Sign in - Unspecified Error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005 (0x80004005) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I've been selected for the Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha for this weekend and I'm trying to preload so I'm ready to go when it begins. I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by joji-9FB33B00-DA78-4CC6-8B6B-0D3B80E277DB, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Xbox Insider Hub Won't Sign in - Unspecified Error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005 (0x80004005)

Hi,

I've been selected for the Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha for this weekend and I'm trying to preload so I'm ready to go when it begins. I'm following the instructions to get to the install, which requires me to install the Xbox Insider Hub on my PC. I've
    gone through the Windows 10 store and installed the app, but when I launch it and attempt to log in, it just fails, giving me this error code:

Unspecified Error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005 (0x80004005)

I've searched Google and these forums for answers and ways to fix, but nobody seems to be helping anyone out.

Before you send me a link to fixing this code on an Xbox One or Xbox 360, I'm having this issue on PC.

Before you send me a link saying to post in the "Xbox Insider Forums" for more help, this is what I'm attempting now. Following the "Compose Post" link provided on another support post for the same problem that was never resolved by support staff.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you.

:)

joji-9FB33B00-DA78-4CC6-8B6B-0D3B80E277DB, Oct 10, 2017
  2. jamil123123
    jamil123123 Guest
    Cannot login to Insider Hub

I get this error when i try to sign up

Unspecified error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) - (0x80004005).

jamil123123, Oct 10, 2017
  3. Xbox insider hub gives an error on login

When pressing the login button, xbox insider hub gives the following error:

There's a problem

Unspecified error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Xbox Insider Hub Won't Sign in - Unspecified Error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005 (0x80004005) [​IMG]

Any help resolving this would be appreciated.

ToxicantMaple81, Oct 10, 2017
  4. Kadsen
    Kadsen Guest

Xbox Insider Hub Won't Sign in - Unspecified Error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005 (0x80004005)

Hey

I had the same problem, when I tried to preload my Technical Alpha. You might have aswell turned off the Xbox Services at one point an that causes the trouble.

Press the Start button, Search for "System Configuration", Go to the Services tab, Scroll down to Xbox, and enable everything that is Xbox related. After a quick reboot I was able to sign in to the Xbox Insider Hub.

I hope this helped, and see you on the Seas this weekend ^^

Kadsen, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Kadsen Win User

Hey

I had the same problem, when I tried to preload my Technical Alpha. You might have aswell turned off the Xbox Services at one point an that causes the trouble.

Press the Start button, Search for "System Configuration", Go to the Services tab, Scroll down to Xbox, and enable everything that is Xbox related. After a quick reboot I was able to sign in to the Xbox Insider Hub.

I hope this helped, and see you on the Seas this weekend ^^
  6. CausedDolphin86 Win User

Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Open PowerShell as Admin and type this command in and problem solved here! Thanks so much!

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
  7. Benjam1989 Win User

Hub Xbox Insider - Unspecified error​ (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)

Ok so I originally removed the store from windows, I did this to re install it:

Get-AppxPackage windowsstore | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Then I upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators and now everything works fine.
  8. Benjam1989 Win User

[​IMG]
  9. Wilfred Mac Win User

xbox insider hub error "Unspecified error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005) (0x80004005)"

Thanks for performing all the troubleshooting steps above. It seems that it might be an account issue, we highly recommend that you get in touch with the Xbox Insider Hub Support. To do this, kindly refer to the link below:

Click here

1. You may select Latest Xbox One Update Preview.
    2. Click on Chat with Support.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.
Thema:

1. Xbox Insider Hub Won't Sign in - Unspecified Error (Excep_FromHResult 0x80004005 (0x80004005) - Similar Threads - Insider Hub Won't

2. Xbox insider hub level up problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox insider hub level up problem: So i was getting xp at the xbox insider and i leveld up and i cant update my xbox to the next preview it doesn't show me a new preview to select submitted by /u/Ok_Victory4109 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Insider Hub app error "An unknown HTTP error occurred." when my globalprotect vpn is...: Hello experts, Hopefully, I can find the solution here... This is the only user running xbox insider hub and it is in globalprotect full-tunnel setup. When not connected to our vpn, xbox works...
  4. Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Dev Mode question about insider hub: So, I want to try out dev mode because it can let me try UWP apps, but I don't know how to know if I'm out of xbox insider hub as I heard it can ruin your Xbox and one time it actually did, my...
  5. Game hubs are available now for Xbox Insiders on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Game hubs are available now for Xbox Insiders on PC: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Insider Program 10th Anniversary Hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Program 10th Anniversary Hub: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  7. cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app

in XboX Insiders
    cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app: any reason the "windows gaming program" isnt showing up on my hub? currently trying to link my xbox to my pc while streaming so i can use obs studios, windows 11 submitted by...
  8. Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the Xbox Insider Hub ask me to be 18+?: Happy New Years, everyone! I wish you a great 2024. I was chilling out a few days ago when I found a Minecraft Bedrock Edition seed that is just crazy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31RwlN2-mhE...
  9. Xbox MasterCard, issues with joining in the insiders hub

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox MasterCard, issues with joining in the insiders hub: Hi all, I have the MasterCard showing in my Xbox insiders hub. However every time I join it to try and apply it goes to "pending". And the about 30 minutes later it's back under available instead...
  10. Xbox Insider Hub update won't go away

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Hub update won't go away: Already reported via on console but yeah, an update for the Xbox Insider Hub app won't go away even after installing the update. submitted by /u/MichaeLionheart [link] [comments]