Xbox "home" console question

Discus and support Xbox "home" console question in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X as my "home" console. I recently purchased a Xbox Series S. I might want to make it my "home" console, but I know you are allowed... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by mfranch87, Nov 23, 2021.

1. mfranch87
    mfranch87 Guest

I have an Xbox One X as my "home" console. I recently purchased a Xbox Series S. I might want to make it my "home" console, but I know you are allowed to only change it so many times per year. Is it based on calendar year or a 12 month month period from when you change it? Also, how many times are you allowed to change it?

:)

mfranch87, Nov 23, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

It's based on a 12 month period from when you change it. You can change it up to 5 times per year.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Sea of thieves

Hi there,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You need to sign in on the same account on the other Xbox to use it or set up

home Xbox
    . Home Xbox will allow others to use it on the home console, while you use it on another console.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. killerkaesar Win User

Issue with Fifa

Hello Sesatty!

Quick question, do you have this console set as your home xbox?
  5. Shinnizle Win User

Xbox live

As long as the Xbox One console in question is set as the Home Xbox of the profile with the Game Pass subscription, any profile that signs in to that console will share the subscription while on it.
  6. XGN Zilther Win User

Doubt Home Gold

Hello Dofusyosi,

By "Home Gold" I assume you are refering to sharing Gold status to other accounts by setting an Xbox as the "Home Xbox" through Settings > Personalization > My Home Xbox.

The gold sharing does only qualify on the Xbox that the account in question has set as it's home Xbox. Any other consoles would be unable to receive the shared Gold status, even if the profile was logged into another Console.

I hope I was able to answer your question, if not, provide any other information you have and I'll see what I can do about your question farther.

Thanks,

Zilther
Thema:

1. Xbox "home" console question - Similar Threads - home console question

2. Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnecting and console freezing every time I open the home screen: Games run perfectly fine and smoothly on my Series X, and there is nothing wrong with the gameplay. However every time I’m in a game and press the xbox button to bring up the sidebar, the whole...
  3. If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    If I set a console to home console can i have the account removed so nobody plays on it?: So I want know in the past you can set the console to home console and remove the account with the effects still in play so nobody plays on your account. Does this still work for the Series S and...
  4. The Xbox home console. Can it be used on more than two consoles?

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Xbox home console. Can it be used on more than two consoles?: Hello, I have 2 friends who have an xbox, as well as my brother who has a PC. My brother plays through my PC account and I play through my console account And here's the thing: I want to share...
  5. Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...: I was recently banned in my main Xbox account were I have all my games so when I try and play a game that cost money that I bought digitally it doesn’t let me play because the owner need to sign...
  6. Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...

in XboX Insiders
    Question for my console Xbox Series X- Halo Edition: Anyone know why home dashboard is...: I was using my Xbox Series X console last night and all of the sudden the console got stuck in black screen. When I went to Xbox home dashboard to eject the disc with the controller and it won't...
  7. Can I have an Xbox one an a series x set as my home console?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I have an Xbox one an a series x set as my home console?: Wanting to setup a xbox one for family in the house to use. 031855e3-a0da-4c8e-867c-0ad5ceb1dd20
  8. Why won't Game Pass Ultimate work for all accounts on designated home console?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won't Game Pass Ultimate work for all accounts on designated home console?: I verified my console is designated as the home console. My account, the primary account for the family, has the game pass ultimate subscription. The other accounts on my home console are supposed...
  9. X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?: Hi, I have read through many threads looking for answers and still haven't come to clear reason why this is still not working. Remote play works when on the same network but, will not work...
  10. Question on why their is only 5 switches on my home Xbox consol

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question on why their is only 5 switches on my home Xbox consol: Is there any answer on why there is only 5 switches on my home xbox??I feel like, which probably more people feel the same way that if their was more switches it would be a boost to the gaming...