Xbox home button bug

Discus and support Xbox home button bug in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I hit the home button on my Xbox controller my game freezes with the audio still going. When I hard reboot it happens again. Any fixes/... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DanMeyler, Sep 15, 2020.

1. DanMeyler
    DanMeyler Guest

Xbox home button bug

When I hit the home button on my Xbox controller my game freezes with the audio still going. When I hard reboot it happens again. Any fixes/ suggestions?

:)

DanMeyler, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Chris k. Knight Win User

Home button Bug

My Xbox home screen in unresponsive. System really slow. Can't see if there is an update or what. Going to hard reset.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Home button Bug

I have seen this a couple of times in the past week with mine, think it was last update, the only way out of that stuck issue is a hard reset by pressing and holding the power button, i have used the report an issue section on the xbox to report it.
  4. Cratous Girtin Win User

Home button Bug

I've also had the same problem just now, i unplugged my console's power cord and put it back in again as a form of hard reset I guess, and the dashboard seems to be working for now but I'm not sure for how long though.
  5. Freschey Win User

Home button Bug

I am having the same issue
  6. finseybar22 Win User

Home button Bug

I'm also having this issue has anyone managed to find a fix yet ?
Thema:

Xbox home button bug

1. Xbox home button bug - Similar Threads - home button bug

2. Home button on xbox controller in windows 7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button on xbox controller in windows 7: I have 2 original xbox one x controllers. When I connect the gamepad with a cable to a PC with Windows 7, the controller turns on and works fine, but there is no action when I press the home...
  3. Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game...: Only the home button works on 2 different controllers i need to use the app to start a game or navigate the xbox dashboard xbox series x f85ab271-550a-4efe-b42c-9616c1392b7f
  4. My Xbox home button does not work anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox home button does not work anymore: I ordered one of those black and gold Xbox series controllers when they first released and from day one. I had issues with it at first the home button led would flicker when I was playing a game....
  5. Home button and other options unavailable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button and other options unavailable.: My son can play a game but the home button does not work. He can not go to his account or settings. System keeps saying unavailable. We have performed a hard reset and then unplugged the power...
  6. A button not working on Home screen/Guide

in XboX Insiders
    A button not working on Home screen/Guide: Just started happening a few days ago, randomly my A button won't do anything, works in apps and in games but won't work on the Home screen or the guide (friends list, party, etc.). On screen when...
  7. Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I...: Hi overtime I am in a game and I press the home button the press b to go back to the game I get a black screen for like 10 seconds a88fdc63-0175-4e35-bf04-7a806d6f52db
  8. Media Player App / XBox Guide/Home Button Bug

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Media Player App / XBox Guide/Home Button Bug: When watching a video through the media player up, if i press the guide/home button to bring up the guide/home side menu it will also skip back to the previous video file available. I've tested...
  9. Home button Bug

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home button Bug: issues with home button not sending its command. backlight dims and the dashboard doesn't open or move. all that happens is game gets paused. i am tech support for another company so i took all...
  10. Home-Button Bug - March Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home-Button Bug - March Update: Hello guys. Today I got the March update and now I have a really annoying problem. Every time I press and hold the home button on my controller my Xbox opens the "My games and apps" app instead...