Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account

Discus and support Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Xbox wireless headset and my sister signed in to her account on my Xbox and for some reason I can only hear party chat or use my mic if I sign... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hubbabubba07640, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account

I have a Xbox wireless headset and my sister signed in to her account on my Xbox and for some reason I can only hear party chat or use my mic if I sign in to her account first. Anyone now how to fix this? I've tried assigning the headset to my account and hard resetting it nether have worked.

:)

hubbabubba07640, Nov 16, 2023
  2. hubbabubba07640 Win User

I figured out the issue. Someone my Xbox was registering something plugged in to my controller making my wireless one not work
  3. Spawnofnono Win User

2 player chat on same xbox

The same problem has happened to me. One user might use the headset and one only. If you tried using two headsets into two different controllers, it won't work. I've tried to do the same when I first got mine with my cousin.

Example; If Player 1 has the headset in and is talking perfectly fine, Player 2 cannot use the other headset and speak to the other users as well. It must be into one controller, (the one that is signed into Xbox Live).
  4. Cryptic Beauty Win User

I cant talk in game chat

Make sure that your headset is connected to your account because if youre signed into two different accounts you may have the headset paired to the other account.
  5. Arrowen Win User

Turtle Beach headset issue in Party Chat

I'm actually having the same problem since the update. Party chat, both in game (Neverwinter) and Xbox's Party Chat app, disconnects the mic on my headset. The headset and mic both work in party chat before someone joins but as soon as someone connects with
    me they hear me for only a second and then it disconnects my mic. I've hosted the party, I've had others host the party, makes no difference. It's not muted. It works fine in Skype. I've tried partying with different users. I've tried updating the controller
    and headset adapter but no updates available. I've tried different controllers. I've tried different headsets as well and the only headset that will work is the crappy one that came with the Xbox. I've hard reset the console. I've booted it up with headset
    already plugged in then signed in w/controller (instead of kinect) then loaded into my game and still same issue. I've gone into every setting imaginable and still no go. Any help would be immensely appreciated.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Kinect issue

Sorry but the chat feature for the Kinect will only work when one person is signed in. If another person signs in the feature will not function and both people will need to use headsets.
Thema:

1. Xbox headset only works when signing in to different account - Similar Threads - headset works signing

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. Headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working: I have a xbox Wireless headset this headset.Let's you change from hearing.Sound loud to quiet on the right side of the headset and only here games found and the only Here party sound on the left...
  4. I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...: I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is all the way to the right (chat) and I cant change it. 0d0e852e-3d8f-4c9c-8c0c-15a35d510004
  5. New Xbox wireless headset does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless headset does not work: My new Xbox wireless headset was working fine for an week and now it does not turn on. I have tried the reset method and it still doesn’t work. When I plug it to my console the white light cycle...
  6. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  7. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  8. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  9. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  10. Headset doesn't work if auto-sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset doesn't work if auto-sign in: I have had this problem since launch but basically if Kinect automatically signs into my profile my headset doesn't work. If I sign in to my profile manually then the headset works perfect. I...