Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

Discus and support Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I tried to plug my headset into my pc to see if it would work and it didn't. And when I tried to plug it back in, it didn't work. I scrolled over... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrDarkSlayerYT, May 30, 2019.

1. Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

So, I tried to plug my headset into my pc to see if it would work and it didn't.

And when I tried to plug it back in, it didn't work.

I scrolled over to audio and it rightly says a headset is connected. However, it doesn't show me the game/party audio mixer.

I tried listening to youtube, nothing.

I joined a friends party, nothing.

I then tested my microphone in the mic monitoring section and I could hear myself in one ear.

I tried listening to things again and there is still nothing but listening to my own voice.

This is all I can do.

I've looked on ways to troubleshoot it and nothing works.

Any help on how to fix?

:)

DrDarkSlayerYT, May 30, 2019
  2. DrDarkSlayerYT Win User

Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic.

Thanks for the reply,

I probably should have clarified that my headset was working before I plugged it into my pc.

I can hear through only one ear if I play it through my phone, and it is compatible so I haven't needed any adapters.

I have tried another controller and it is the same results.

I have read through both links and nothing has helped.

As I mentioned, I can still hear mic monitoring through it, if that helps anything.

Again, Thanks for the reply.

-DrDark
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there DrDark,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with using a headset on the Xbox One
    controller.

I recommend taking a look at the following troubleshooting articles:

If the problem persists:

• Try your Xbox One Stereo Headset
      with another device, such as a laptop, to see if the headset is working. If not, the headset will need to be replaced.
    • Try using a Headset Adapter for compatibility issues.
    • Try your Headset on another controller, if you can. If the headset works on the second controller, try
      updating the first controlleragain.
      If that fails, the controller will need to be replaced. To order a replacement, go to the
      Xbox Online Service Center.

Try this out and let us know the results.
  4. KiNGG STiCkY Win User

Sounds like a headset or a xbox controller problem ... do u have another controller to try the headset in to see if its the controller that is the problem? Or do u have another headset to plug into the controller to see if the other headset is the problem?
  5. DrDarkSlayerYT Win User

I'll try that. Thanks for your assistance.
  6. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there DrDark,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your description, it sounds like the headset may be compromised. Have you tried a different headset?

If the headset is a 3rd party product, I recommend to contact the headset manufacturer for more assistance.

Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Xbox headset not playing game or party audio but I can still hear myself when I monitor my mic. - Similar Threads - headset playing game

2. I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I play on Xbox Series X and want game audio in headset.: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio

in XboX Insiders
    Headset plays game chat audio fine but won’t play other audio: I really need help hear I can hear game chat fine I used to hear audio from like a YouTube video or a game but all of the sudden nothing but game chat are party chat anything I can do ? submitted...
  5. Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio...: Hi my headset plays chat audio but not game audio I can’t hear footsteps or any game audio any advice I have turtle beach recon 50x.? beacf63e-6d97-4866-989c-c8fe689055a7
  6. Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset?: Can I play music through just my tv and then game audio just through my headset? 49ee8916-4886-4f66-8a9e-77db0062354c
  7. New Astro A10 Headset can play Xbox chat audio but has no game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Astro A10 Headset can play Xbox chat audio but has no game audio: Hi, When trying to use my new Astro A10 headset, I have quickly realized that my headset can get the menu sound and the chat sound but it has no sound in game. How do I fix this?...
  8. Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset in game Audio present, Mic works, but no play back. Issues maintaining chat audio: I'm unable to hear recorded audio on my headset. I can hear in game audio, and the random clicks and sounds while navigating the xbox menus. I can hear the monitoring of my mic. When I record a...
  9. Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio.: When I plug in my mic there isn't any chat mixer option. Everything's up to date. The Headset plays all audio on other devices. The controller knows when I plug and unplug the mic. But, it plays...
  10. How to play game audio through headset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to play game audio through headset?: I bought a headset with mic and plugged it in to a newer controller just fine. However I can't hear the game audio, which is a problem because the headset covers both ears. I went through all the...