Xbox headset icon next to gamer tag- question

Discus and support Xbox headset icon next to gamer tag- question in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When someone has a headset icon next to their gamer tag, I understand that this is an indicator that they're in an xbox party, that checks out.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DanielUllr, May 2, 2020.

1. DanielUllr
    DanielUllr Guest

When someone has a headset icon next to their gamer tag, I understand that this is an indicator that they're in an xbox party, that checks out. However, there are times when people have that icon but when you try to join there is no option to join, it
    appears as if they are not in a party. The only two possibilities I can think of it is that it's not updating or perhaps they have set to invite only. Has anyone investigated this?

:)

DanielUllr, May 2, 2020
  2. Xem2020 Win User

It means they are in a party if there is a controller that means there in a multiplayer game you can join these don’t update properly.
  3. wolfheart517 Win User

sometimes not updating correctly
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Headset Sybol near Time

Hey there Ruediger,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a question on the icons on the homepage. The icon is stating there is a headset being read by the system.

For any questions on connecting a headset to the Xbox One, I recommend checking out this article:Set up and
    troubleshoot your Xbox One Stereo Headset

Hope this helps.
  5. sumrandomdude Win User

How to Turn off Mic Monitoring

I see a headset icon in the bottom left next to the battery and time
  6. Up1nSpace Win User

Noob question

I don't no if you need to have the icon with a gamer tag like.....Just Saying
Thema:

1. Xbox headset icon next to gamer tag- question - Similar Threads - headset icon next

2. Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset not working,mute icon has been on since Christmas: My headset is new but wont work to chat or listen when playing on xbox only works on switch, mute icon has beenon for awhile. I tried various things but still nothing, any ideas to what is wrong?...
  3. Microphone mute icon - headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone mute icon - headset not working: Hi I have the microphone muted icon on home screen of Xbox one s console and no troubleshooting solutions are working, my headset will not work (even though it works on iPad/iphone etc) and I feel...
  4. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen. I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers issue remains. c69204be-bae1-4881-8adf-b6896ddbbd35
  5. Solution To: Headset Icon top right of TV showing Muted on Home Page.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solution To: Headset Icon top right of TV showing Muted on Home Page.: The headset icon next to battery at the top right of TV screen sometimes shows muted and the headset adapter mute button light will not illuminate and seems dead or not working. In my experience...
  6. Headset not working - Mic icon with a line through it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working - Mic icon with a line through it: Headset not working - Mic icon with a line through it - Cannot access volume setting - Its not a problem with the headset or the controller as i have bought new ones even though the old ones work...
  7. audio icon popup when headset are connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    audio icon popup when headset are connected: Hello, please anyone could help me, everytime i connect the headset and i talk an audio icon popup on the screen of the tv it's almost annoyng and distract me. Thx in advance...
  8. Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working with Xbox and muted microphone icon has appeared on screen: Hi, I have seen a couple of old threads with similar content to this but having read through them I still can't find a resolution despite this being quite a commonly reported problem, so I...
  9. Xbox One S - Headset not working and Mic has cross through icon

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S - Headset not working and Mic has cross through icon: Hi Support, I bought an Xbox One S a couple of days ago and I have been using my android headphones plugged into the Xbox One S 3.5mm controller socket fine up until tonight. Now it's stopped...
  10. Headset Icon always on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Icon always on.: Hello. So I have been having this problem with most games across Xbox One and Xbox 360, When I go on any game with that allows people to talk to one and other a strange thing happens the headset...