Xbox has internet connection but won't load online games or store.

Discus and support Xbox has internet connection but won't load online games or store. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The xbox was working fine but suddenly won’t play online games and says ‘sign in with the profile used to buy this game’. I am that profile. Also to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rach Bull, May 7, 2023.

1. Rach Bull
    Rach Bull Guest

The xbox was working fine but suddenly won’t play online games and says ‘sign in with the profile used to buy this game’. I am that profile. Also to renew subscription but that’s done too.

It advises that some tests are unavailable when testing network stats. Have tried a console cycle and restart but no success.

Any other ideas?

Also, I have 2 Xboxes, one is digital, and neither is working.

Thanks for any advice

:)

Rach Bull, May 7, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Rach. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Kindly check if you have a completed transaction for the game from your account's order history on this link, https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders.

If it's completed there, please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. OpticRJames Win User

Thanks for sharing those details. Since you are unable to update the console, the next step that I can recommend here is to do the offline system update method. Please follow the steps from this link, https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....
  4. Rach Bull Win User

Hi Ron,

I can’t even access the Microsoft store. It says ‘page not available’. I can’t load ANY online game.

I’ve done a power cycle, including unplugging for 5 minutes (just in case) but no joy so far.

I have reset the console and it now says ‘we were unable to remove this console’s home Xbox associations. Please check your connection and try again.’

The connection is fine so I clicked continue anyway. I’ve done the setup and checks for updates but now it tells me there’s an error and I can’t use the console until it’s updated.

I have no idea what to do next.

Thanks for helping so far though
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

Xbox has internet connection but won't connect to online games or store

Hello, HulaCantina. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Community expert user. I'll be happy to assist you today.

I'd recommend you to perform a power cycle first, then a console reset.

Power Cycle:

​​​1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Wait for 5 minutes and then turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.

Console Reset:

Go to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note: the "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not make you lose your games, but you will need to sign in to the account again.

If this doesn't work, please let me know and we'll proceed to further troubleshooting (account privacy settings, network DNS and ports, etc...).
  6. PredaJittanoon Win User

Getting error 0x89235106

I have the same problem. Games won't load on Xbox App (Error code: 0x89235106). Microsoft Store won't load (Error Code: 0x80131500). Epic Store App is not connecting. I've tried resetting, repairing, and reinstalling. Nothing worked. I'm very much connected to the internet. Those three apps are the ones seeming having problems.
Thema:

1. Xbox has internet connection but won't load online games or store. - Similar Threads - has internet connection

2. It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work: For a few days I've wanted to download Fallout 4 on my Xbox so I went and turned on my Xbox to get on the Microsoft store but when I turned it on it acted like there was no internet even though...
  3. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...: Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small amount of time which is not normal. What should...
  4. Re Updates - Make sure your WiFi signal has internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Re Updates - Make sure your WiFi signal has internet.: As any parent, at times I need to pause the internet to certain devices. While the wifi signal will remain connected, there will not be internet. If Xbox One is attempting an update at this time,...
  5. New Xbox One has never connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox One has never connected to the internet.: Hi there, I got a new Xbox One from a friend but the warranty was up in 2015 so I was thinking of fixing it myself. I must connect to the internet before I can do anything yet I can never...
  6. Why won’t my series s connect to my wireless internet even tho it has before ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my series s connect to my wireless internet even tho it has before ?: Been having problem when I go to connect my series s to my wifi it’s says “can’t connect to your wireless network”. Never had this issue until now I’ve reset my router my Xbox changed all dns...
  7. Xbox has internet connection but won't connect to online games or store

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox has internet connection but won't connect to online games or store: My son has had issues logging in to fortnite. When he tries it says "the person who bought this game needs to sign in" I went to the Microsoft store to try re install it and it won't connect to...
  8. Xbox 360 has internet but can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 has internet but can't connect to xbox live: I bought a second hand orignal xbox 360 its plugged into via ethernet cable my arris xfinity router during the test it has internet gets 30% through the xbox live bar and than says it fails.please...
  9. i cannot get the server to connect to internet. this has been a problem for awhile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cannot get the server to connect to internet. this has been a problem for awhile: i cannot get the server to connect to internet. this has been a problem for awhile ef1e52b3-bd00-4af1-a010-5acab9619701
  10. To everyone who has an internet connection but cannot connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    To everyone who has an internet connection but cannot connect to Xbox Live: I have been having the same issues. To fix the issue however, Log out of your profile, click both bumpers, both triggers, and the Y button at the same time to refresh the dashboard, and then log...