Xbox games installed X2 (Xbox apps and within File explorer Xbox games)

Discus and support Xbox games installed X2 (Xbox apps and within File explorer Xbox games) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After reading information on this issue it seems a lot of PC users are having this problem. Games downloaded are installed within Apps and File... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Samuel Gemmill, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Xbox games installed X2 (Xbox apps and within File explorer Xbox games)

After reading information on this issue it seems a lot of PC users are having this problem.

Games downloaded are installed within Apps and File explorer therefore taking up twice the hard drive space.

This is a joke.

I have read that this may be a cache issue within the Microsoft store App although I could not resolve it.

I wasn't sure whether to uninstall or delete game file from File Explorer/ Xbox games. Either option seems stupid. I took the stupid option of uninstalling (from Apps) and therefore deleted the game permanently.

I am not deleting another game from file explorer (the other stupid option), due to having to (most likely) download hundreds of GB to reinstall lost games as this may also may not resolve the issue.

If I where to delete my games library and have to reinstall them, I figured I would be back at square one with games doubling data on my SSD.

NICE transition from console to PC...

Also OneDrive is a bully that steals your folders. Even if you uncheck 'sync' and save locally, I feel your left with uncertainty about file location.

Love cloud storage to a certain degree but the system seems like it is a 'online always rope'. Also

Not cool (hours wasted).

Any thoughts on game double data storage?

:)

Samuel Gemmill, Nov 9, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Xbox games installed X2 (Xbox apps and within File explorer Xbox games)