xbox gamertag issue (ive lost money)

Discus and support xbox gamertag issue (ive lost money) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i changed my xbox tag recently from eqlyxy to "" however this was a week ago and for all games it still shows up as "eqlyxy" im conserned as ive paid... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by eachi, Jul 2, 2023.

1. eachi
    eachi Guest

i changed my xbox tag recently from eqlyxy to "" however this was a week ago and for all games it still shows up as "eqlyxy" im conserned as ive paid money so can you fix this issue????

before you say it was only changed on 360 or something it said it would appear for all xbox games universally when i went to change it?? now in xbox app it shows up as but ONLY in xbox app.

:)

eachi, Jul 2, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi eachi! I am sorry to hear about what happened. Let's see what we can do about this matter here.

What device or platform do you use to play your games?
    Have you tried to sign out your account from that device and sign in again to refresh it?

If you've done it already and since it has been a week and it still remains unchanged in game, I am afraid that it's already a cloud issue on your account. It would be best if you directly contact the Xbox Support team for them to properly investigate your account Gamertag issue. Contact them here https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us.

Kind regards,
  3. RevivedSoup1695 Win User

Game not working

When ive had this issue ive rebooted xbox and check account. I had to reinstall as game was corrupted. Lost progress but got game going again
  4. SaltyCalf411944 Win User

Enforcement team

That is per the code of conduct you agreed to. Unless they decide they made a mistake (which is highly unlikely) you will have to pay to change your gamertag.
    so ive lost my gamertag and my $13.45 that is absolute trash
  5. Nemesis_tsuki Win User

Gamertag confusion

Hi

It is possible that this gamertag is tied to another Microsoft account that is not active on Xbox Live or the gamertag is one that had been withheld by Microsoft for another reason and this will prevent you from being to claim the gamertag.
    Well I have no idea what the issue is because Microsoft took my money and the gamertag is mine, of course not on the account I wanted it on.

Iv tried searching Google for similar experience to which I found none, can't imagine why one account saw it as taken when it obviously wasn't.
  6. bosslLogic Win User

Can’t change Gamertag

Ok, so Im trying to change my gamertag from my current one, but I can’t, every time I try to change my gamertag it says “Something went wrong. Try your gamertag again.”. I have tried to do it on the website, and Ive been patient too, I’ve waited an entire week and it hasn’t worked once, and yes, I have the money, it is on my xbox, Ive restarted too many times to count, signed in and out, troubleshooting doesnt help, and it wont change.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance.
    They are aware. It's a global issue, but they are working on a fix.
Thema:

1. xbox gamertag issue (ive lost money) - Similar Threads - gamertag issue ive

2. How to make a fresh microsft account with no gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make a fresh microsft account with no gamertag: I need to know for my account recovery I'm stuck on make a fresh account for account recovery but I signed into outlook emails thro the email will that immediately associated a xbox gamertag I...
  3. Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Gamertag issue -PS5 to PC: My kid has a Minecraft Gamer Tag on PS5. But, when we set up their Minecraft on PC it made us make them a new gamertag. Now they don’t have access to any of their owned stuff. How do I fix this?...
  4. Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issue: Hello Microsoft community, recently i did accidentally changed my gamertag NotNT77 to NotXiko001 and i did it accidentally, and i play on a minecraft server and a staff had that like gamertag...
  5. Invalid Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Invalid Gamertag issue: I'm trying to change my Hotmail password and it's asking me for my xbox gamertag. It is telling me my gamertag is invalid. It is NOT invalid as I've had it forever and used Xbox just last week....
  6. Gamertag and Microsoft account issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag and Microsoft account issue: I haven't played Xbox for some years but want to get back to playing it again. I have logged into Xbox with my Microsoft account but somehow my Microsoft account is associated with my sons...
  7. Deleted e-mail account caused a gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Deleted e-mail account caused a gamertag issue: Hi, some time ago I deleted a microsoft e-mail account that I used to save a gamertag in case I wanted to go back to it, now that I want to do so, and that particular microsoft account that had...
  8. Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issue: Hello there, My name is Mitch and I just paid to change my gamertag. I changed it to Iceman360 as it was available. The odd thing is when I search up my name, there is another account with the...
  9. GamerTag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    GamerTag issue: It says username available but it’s not letting me continue the process. c338b4d4-f7f9-4a31-872a-d454acf67f21
  10. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag Issue: So, I made my Xbox account when I bought Forza Horizon 4 via Steam and created my username via Forza Horizon 4 ran through Steam. I made my gamertag as "", but somehow after I submitted, it...