XBOX Gamertag - How to claim an old gamer tag

Discus and support XBOX Gamertag - How to claim an old gamer tag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I created a gamertag years ago, when the xbox360 first came out and played for years on this one account, LadyAssKicker. I changed to another platform... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MellKat86, Jun 23, 2023.

1. MellKat86
    MellKat86 Guest

I created a gamertag years ago, when the xbox360 first came out and played for years on this one account, LadyAssKicker. I changed to another platform and have forgotten the login details for this account, but I also think during the time this account has been inactive, Microsoft pushed out the passport system. I think the associated email with this tag is my old AOL account, which doesn't exist anymore. I would like to claim it, as I've recently gotten back into gaming and believe there are purchases on this account.

Is there a way of doing it?

:)

MellKat86, Jun 23, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello MellKat86, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I'm afraid that there would be no way to access the account without the proper account info. As for claiming the gamertag I don't believe you'll be able to do that either due to the mid portion of the name.
  3. bowski477 Win User

(*) Trying to change my xbox gamertag

Follow the instructions in this link to change your gamertag. As long as the tag isn't in use you can claim it but it will cost 800 Microsoft Points regardless of whether you had it before or not.

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-change-your-gamer-tag
  4. ngocphi Win User

gamertag change problem

should be noted to find a gamer tag you need to exact spelling

But when trying to claim one and it says it is being used you are going g to have to be more creative

Gamer tag is the same as gamertag or gamer Tag
  5. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

Taken gamer tag, but its not used?!

[quote user="Strange Shapes"]

Hello, i was wondering if there was anyway to get an already taken gamertag. Now i checked on this gamer tag, and it said the last active time was 2006... o_O So its not like I'm asking for a taken one that is actually used.

[/quote]There's no way around it. Microsoft stopped deleting old unused Xbox Live gamertags as people were claiming the original ones then selling them off.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

My name tag change

Hi Kos,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We understand have question on getting old tag back. In this case you would need to pay for the change to the old gamer tag. You can look over the

gamer tag FAQ
    for more information. There is a chance you will wont be able to get the old gamer tag back if it doesn't fit the new criteria.

All players can take advantage of the new update (the first change is free). If you’re an existing player and want to change your gamertag, note that you may lose your previous gamertag permanently.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. XBOX Gamertag - How to claim an old gamer tag - Similar Threads - Gamertag claim old

2. I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am unable to claim my gamertag from Mojang after linking to my Microsoft account, help?: So I linked my old Mojang Minecraft account to Microsoft/Xbox about a year ago which uses my username that I have used for years. My old Minecraft account is no longer accessible due to linking...
  3. How do I claim a gamertag that I know has been inactive for 5 years and meets all the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I claim a gamertag that I know has been inactive for 5 years and meets all the...: There's a gamertag that I want however it has been taken but I know that it hasn't been active for over the five year mark so how would I go about aquiring it? 924c9f49-7aa8-455f-9408-8ff2661c696b
  4. Gamertag Claim

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Claim: Hello, my name is Aaron by i go by “Gutss” online I have a long story but to sum it all up i was gone from xbox for a while due to my living situation and wanted to know if i will be able to...
  5. Claim a Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Claim a Gamertag: My gamertag is BrokenVessei. I would like to claim the gamer tag BrokenVessel, which seems to be inactive, if all possible. 14481e07-f386-4284-9fca-000db6cfadf3
  6. I want to claim an inactive gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to claim an inactive gamertag: So I want to claim the gamertag Aary since I'm sure the account has been inactive for more than 2 years now and according to the Xbox policy those inactive gamertag will be available to claim....
  7. Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?

in XboX Insiders
    Way to claim an inactive Xbox gamertag?: Hey everyone! I was directed here by a support rep to see if I could claim a gamertag from an account that has been inactive for ~9 years. The original gamertag is nicnacnic and my current one is...
  8. Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't claim gamertag that has been reserved, then deleted/changed to something else: Hello, I would like to know if I can claim a Gamertag that I reserved on another Xbox account. Is that possible? Here's the story: A while back, before getting an Xbox, I decided that I should...
  9. Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Claim Xbox gamertag from my previous Xbox account: Hello! I have a problem with Xbox account gamertag. Some time ago I had Microsoft and Xbox accounts. I deleted my Microsoft account about 1 year ago but my Xbox account gamertag is still exist and...
  10. There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?: For long I've been wanting to have my gamertag as (Mod Removed) But the thing is that there is an account that has never been used once that has that gamertag on, my question is: Can somebody...