xbox gamebar "We cant record right now"

Discus and support xbox gamebar "We cant record right now" in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; This issue started to prompt me when I was in-game and wanted to record some clips. When started gamebar and this popup came up when I clicked the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Chiefexe, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Chiefexe
    Chiefexe Guest

This issue started to prompt me when I was in-game and wanted to record some clips. When started gamebar and this popup came up when I clicked the record button. Gamebar was working fine and recording was working too
    like 3/4 days ago and all of sudden yesterday I couldn't record. Tried everything mentioned in the thread below, ran troubleshooter on Microsoft Store that also didn't help, tried cleaning the temp files, checked for updates on store etc none worked. Is this
    windows bug or some registry key got corrupted?

The thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ight-now/97a20004-0c62-46e3-ac0d-99cb4126e3e9

SFC /Scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I used these commands to check for damaged files, but didn't found any.

Tried removing the xbox app with powershell, and reinstalling with powershell but didnt worked. No windows updates are remaining and my windows version is 2004 build no: 19041.329

:)

Chiefexe, Jul 14, 2020
  2. ChrisPena2001 Win User

Xbox Game Bar is not working

I can open gamebar and record but i cant join a persons game when invited my gamebar freezes when i click join game or accept
  3. andersonpassos Win User

cant record with gamebar

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Xbox game bar doesn't work in all games or resolutions, try switching to windowed mode and see if that fixes the problem.

Many games simply use technology that does not allow recording. Rest your mouse cursor over the recording icon and it will tell you the reason.
  4. WattyNuela Win User

How do I fix my Xbox Gamebar saying "There was a problem with background recording. Try again later." everytime I try to record.

Hi Niffien, this is Manuela!. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist you with this

But before that please tell me:

Are you using Windows 10 or 11?

Is this the first time that you try to record using the game bar?

Is this happening when you try to record an specific game or is with all your games?

Did you tried some procedures to fix this? If that is the case, please describe briefly what you tried so far

In the meantime please try checking this similar thread to see if one of the possible solutions provided by Greg helps you:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

PC Capture issue

Hi,

The first question we need to ask is have you ever been able to record using Game bar?

Gamebar recording requires compatible hardware, what PC are you using?
  6. Jomari Arc Win User

Gamebar "Can't record right now, try again later."

Hi,

There are several reasons why Game bar always says "can't record right now try again later", in this case some of the components of the game are maybe corrupted or the drivers of your PC needs to be updated. We would suggest you try the following methods
    below:

Method 1:

Here is a
    link
    on how to Fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

Method 2:

Her is an
    article
    on how to troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10.

Keep us in the loop if you need assistance in the future.
Thema:

1. xbox gamebar "We cant record right now" - Similar Threads - gamebar cant record

2. Why cant i do anything in the looking for group menu on the xbox gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i do anything in the looking for group menu on the xbox gamebar: First yes everything is fine with my pc but when i click on the looking for group tab on the xbox gamebar i cant do anything like finding games with posts or creating any theres no filter just 2...
  3. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: my names luis, ive read a thread with this same question, ive read through your reply and followed all the steps but the issue still persists, ive checked for updates checked my input and output,...
  4. Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings...: Why cant my XBOX party hear me on PC unless Gamebar is open? my default devices settings are correct on both Xbox And Gamebar apps. 55f7c922-c262-49e4-953a-00e5707288ec
  5. Cant use gamebar, constant errors

in XboX Insiders
    Cant use gamebar, constant errors: I updated my gamebar last night and now every time I try to use it I just get a widget error, even on messages, friends list, achievements list, everything. I can't join a party for more than 5-10...
  6. cant record with gamebar

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant record with gamebar: i think first thing i have to mention is i have an amd rx 6400xt, and all updates are done, but everytime i try open xbox gamebar to record it tells me we cant record rn, try again later, i...
  7. I cant record on my gamebar

in XBoX on Windows
    I cant record on my gamebar: When i open my gamebar and press "capture" the "record last 5 mins" and "start/stop recording" button is grayed out. And when i hover over them it says "there was a problem with background...
  8. Someone is using my xbox account on gamebar, cant remove the account remotely

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone is using my xbox account on gamebar, cant remove the account remotely: As the title mentioned, someone is logged into my account I presume on xbox gamebar (they are playing PC games) I'm not sure how they are logged in. I have tried the following steps to remove my...
  9. (PC, Xbox App/ Gamebar) "Perfect Record" on Enforcement website yet still cant join parties...

in XBoX Accessibility
    (PC, Xbox App/ Gamebar) "Perfect Record" on Enforcement website yet still cant join parties...: I recently had a word removed in a message and got chat banned. I could not join parties or send messages. I received an email saying "no enforcement action taken" Also, as you can see in the...
  10. Xbox Gamebar Cant Sign in on PC (FIX)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Gamebar Cant Sign in on PC (FIX): Recently I have been having a problem with my Xbox Gambar where I couldn't sign in and I didn't know why I would click sign in and nothing would happen. While looking for answers I found 1 thing...