Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings

Discus and support Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello there, As mentioned in the title, when going to the Settings and more specifically to the "gaming features" section, there are no options there.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Francesco Tissera, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings

Hello there,

As mentioned in the title, when going to the Settings and more specifically to the "gaming features" section, there are no options there.

The only thing I can see is that the PC I'm testing this on does not support DX12 ultimate, which is fine.

What I'd like to do is enabled TTS under the 'Game transcription" section, like some games require you to do, but I cannot.

Things I've already tried are:

- updating the PC,

- updating every app including the game bar from the store,

- resetting and repairing the game bar app,

- uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

:)

Francesco Tissera, Sep 23, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings

Hello Francesco Tissera,

Good to know that it is working now and thank you for sharing the method you perform to fix issue. This will be helpful with the rest of the community member who may encounter this type of issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime just in case you have any questions in the future.
  3. Francesco Tissera Win User

Hello there,

Thank you so much for replying.

I have tried the following.

1. I enabled the "Online speech recognition" under settings/security and privacy/speech(I'm on Windows 11 with all the latest updates).

2. I restarted the computer.

3. I went into the gamebar with Windows+G and went into the "Gaming features" section and tried to enable the feature.

Even after enabling the "Online speech recognition" option I cannot find anything under the above mentioned "Gaming features" section.

I also checked to see if all the settings related to "Inking and typing" were enabled, they are.

What could be causing this?

Thank you again.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Francesco Tissera,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to enable TTS under the 'Game transcription' section, but you are unable to do so. This could be due to several reasons, such as incompatible hardware, software settings, or network issues. Some possible solutions you can try are:

- Check if your PC meets the minimum system requirements for TTS. You can find them here: Use game and chat transcription on Xbox and Windows devices | Xbox Support

- Make sure your microphone and speakers are working properly and are not muted. You can test them in the Windows Settings app under System > Sound.

- Enable the 'Speech Recognition' feature in Windows 10. You can do this by going to Settings > Privacy > Speech, inking, and typing. Click on 'Turn on speech services and typing suggestions'.

- Restart your PC and launch the game again. Try to enable TTS under the 'Game transcription' section. If none of these steps work, please let me know and I'll try to assist you further. Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day!

Please also see:

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thank you for choosing Xbox.
  5. Francesco Tissera Win User

hello there,

After a clean reinstall of windows, everything works as expected. Thank you so much for your help.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Hello Francesco Tissera

Thank you for your response.

I can't provide a definitive answer to why this is happening. To help us resolve this issue, we ask that you report your case to Xbox Feedback. Xbox Feedback is a platform where you can share your feedback and suggestions with the Xbox development team. By reporting your case to Xbox Feedback, you'll help us identify and fix the problem as quickly as possible. To report your case to Xbox Feedback, follow these steps here: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support
Thema:

1. Xbox gamebar: options are not present under the "Gaming features" section of the settings - Similar Threads - gamebar options are

2. I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am struggling with parties using Gamebar(PC): When joining Xbox parties using PC gamebar or the Xbox app(PC), no one can hear me, my microphone is locked as muted and cannot be changed, and everyone in the party is labeled as disconnected. I...
  3. When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When is the “copy link” feature coming back to gamebar: Why did the copy link feature get removed from gamebar? I used to upload my pc clips to my xbox live activity feed but ever middle of 2023 the feature has been gone. I’ve seen a post that says we...
  4. how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    how to enable Xbox voice chat in backgroud on pc gamebar: how to enable xbox voice chat in background on pc gamebar a6c37fb7-5f65-4a63-9022-92c1bf0a8e57
  5. Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox gamebar social menu not appearing: Im on pc, and I can't see the xbox gamebar social menu anymore. I've tried to re enable it but its not it settings like all the other widgets. It kinda just disappeared overnight. I don't get an...
  6. Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox gamebar messages widget disappeared?: Opened up xbox gamebar to invite a friend to play forza horizon only to see that the messages widget is nowhere to be found, its not at the top where you can enable/disable, its just gone. Did I...
  7. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  8. Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamebar sign in doesn't work: I was wondering how to and if you can fix a glitch with gamebar that when I open it it doesn't log me in and each time I try to log in it comes up with signing in for about 0.1 seconds and then...
  9. gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps

in XBoX on Windows
    gamebar fps capture stuck at 37.49fps: I did set the video framerate to 60 but when recording only 37.49 fps. My gameplay was more than 100 fps. 7657e413-e200-4e8e-937f-c1e8b807437e
  10. I am having trouble with the "looking for group" option on the xbox gamebar for pc?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am having trouble with the "looking for group" option on the xbox gamebar for pc?: So on the looking for group thing everytime I go to minecraft looking for group there is only 18 post available when on xbox there is way more. Also there is usually spammy or botty posts on...