Xbox Game Streaming Limitations

Discus and support Xbox Game Streaming Limitations in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I currently only own a 720p tv, however I own a 1080p laptop. I routinely game stream to my laptop using the Xbox App since my laptop is 1080p.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Hachodo, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Hachodo
    Hachodo Guest

Hello,

I currently only own a 720p tv, however I own a 1080p laptop. I routinely game stream to my laptop using the Xbox App since my laptop is 1080p.

However, after digging around, I have discovered that my Xbox One X is only rendering in 720p since it has to be plugged into my tv in order to be streamed to my laptop.

Does this mean that I am streaming 1080p to my laptop or 720p? If it is in fact 720p, how can I output my xbox to 1080p when streaming to my laptop?

Thanks,

Jacob G

:)

Hachodo, Sep 7, 2018
  2. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest
    ngocphi, Sep 7, 2018
  3. MakoChocobo
    MakoChocobo Guest
    Can i stream my Xbox One to more than 2 pcs?

Hello SocramXB. The game streaming function has as one of the limitations that the Xbox and the PC that is
    accepting the game stream need to be on the same network. This also has the limitation of only allowing one PC at a time to connect to the stream.

If you would like to read more about how the function works please read on here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/games/game-setup/how-to-use-game-streaming

If you are having issues with your streaming this troubleshooting guide may also be beneficial reading for you:

https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/games/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-xbox-app-game-streaming

MakoChocobo, Sep 7, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

gds1972, Sep 7, 2018
  5. Hachodo
    Hachodo Guest
    I agree...normally. However if I have good internet, but a bad tv, I would rather use my higher resolution laptop display.

Also, that article states that I can adjust the stream's QUALITY, not the xbox rendering resolution. So if I am streaming 720p at a high quality, that means that that there won't be any down-sampling of my laptop's display.

Knowing the xbox super-samples from 4k down to 2k, 1080p, or 720p, (Xbox one X on 720 tv? - Xbox One Message Board for Xbox One - GameFAQs) the question becomes: Am I receiving a super-sampled (4k down to 720p) stream to my laptop's 1080p display (which I believe is
    the case since it is not as sharp as when I plug it into my roommate's 1080p tv), or does the stream recognize that it is streaming to a 1080p display and thus, I now am receiving a super-sampled (4k down to 1080p) stream to my laptop.

When I am streaming to my laptop, if I go to "display resolution" in the settings, it tells me it is 720p.

Hachodo, Sep 7, 2018
  6. Hachodo
    Hachodo Guest
    Hachodo, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: