Xbox Game Sharing Won't let me play EA Games

Discus and support Xbox Game Sharing Won't let me play EA Games in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I just recently started Game Sharing with my Friend. My Friend is the one with Xbox Game Pass and we Game Share so I can get access to the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kirigia, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Kirigia
    Kirigia Guest

Hello, I just recently started Game Sharing with my Friend. My Friend is the one with Xbox Game Pass and we Game Share so I can get access to the game library that Xbox Game Pass has. Since he has Game Pass Ultimate I usually play Xbox Games on my PC, which works perfectly fine. But, the only thing that doesn't work are EA Games. Every time I try to launch a game through the EA App, it says I don't have a current subscription to EA. Even though my Xbox Account says i have Game Pass Ultimate and my Xbox account is linked to my EA Account. Also, this problem only happens on my PC and not my Xbox. My Xbox lets me play EA Games just fine. I already went ahead and went through the painstaking process of trying to talk to a Rep from EA. Just for them to tell me to ask you guys. Any Ideas on how to fix this problem?

:)

Kirigia, Dec 23, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

Game sharing outside of your physical household is a violation of terms of service and can lead to account and hardware bans
  3. Miss Bijoux Win User

Won't let me play games

Hey there Hammer!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. If you haven't yet, start by
    power cycling
    your console. This can often cause a lot of quirks that may pop up to go away. The next thing you'll want to check is to make sure that your console is fully updated. You can check by going to
    Settings then scrolling down to System and over to
    Updates. If your console has an update pending, you'll want to go ahead and download and install it.

If it's totally updated, I would recommend going over to Console info and

factory resetting
    the console. You can keep any games and apps when you do this so start with that.

Hopefully one of those does the trick but if not, post back and let us know when you're running into this issue in particular. Good luck!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines
    and if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the
    Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider
    Program troubleshooting.
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

EA Access - shared multiplayer access on Xbox One with Live subscription

The games through EA access can be shared through the Home sharing feature.

If there is a certain game on EA access that he wants to play you would need to sign in with your account to download the games since your account is the one that has the EA access on it once the game is downloaded he would be able to play the game under
    his account.

Now there are certain games that require an adult xbox account to play this is a limit on EAs side and nothing that Xbox can do about that.
  5. Mae Sev. Win User

Why does it say I need to purchase ea play when I try to download a free trial even though I’m game sharing with someone ho has gamepass/ea play

Hello Angel sosa2,

Thank you for sharing this with us and welcome to Xbox Forums.

Based on the information you provided, it appears that you are experiencing an issue with downloading a free trial and being prompted to purchase EA Play even though you are game sharing with someone who has Game Pass/EA Play. I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Firstly, I would like to clarify that Game Pass and EA Play are two separate subscriptions and having one does not automatically grant access to the other. However, if you have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you can access EA Play at no additional cost.

Now, coming to your issue, please know that EA play games are not included in the family sharing feature. of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Only the owner of the account which has the Ultimate subscription can access the EA Play games. This means that even if you are sharing with someone who has an active Xbox Ultimate subscription unless you also have the subscription activated on your account.

You can check for more details through this link: EA Play with Xbox Game Pass FAQ

If there is any misunderstanding or clarifications you want to add, please let me know.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  6. AcquittedPeak43 Win User

Xbox hacked wide open?

@Zen - Certain EA based games make you sign up in order to play them. Said games share info with XBL. Compromise EA account -> hook in to XBL account -> and let the robbery begin.
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Sharing Won't let me play EA Games - Similar Threads - Game Sharing Won't

2. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  3. Xbox recording and share in youtube games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox recording and share in youtube games: a very necessary function, like on the PlayStation 5 recording and uploading games to YouTube for at least 30 minutes submitted by /u/Prize_Material_2433 [link] [comments]
  4. Will game sharing include cloud gaming in the near future

in XBoX on Windows
    Will game sharing include cloud gaming in the near future: All the Xboxes in my house are connected and cloud gaming was very important while game sharing 1a21e7bc-507f-44b4-b36c-5b2683eb8aa2
  5. Sharing xbox game pass

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Sharing xbox game pass: So I wanted to use my brother subscription from a different console and different account but I can't, and the thing is that xbox says that it is possible but I still can access gta online....
  6. Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with: so i recently started game-sharing with this friend of mine. However he has a subscription already which is xbox live core, and i wanted to game share game pass ultimate with him so if i cancel...
  7. Oh boy more game sharing issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Oh boy more game sharing issues: I'm sure you've seen something like this before. So currently my brothers game sharing with me and he has Xbox gold. But when I try to go into any online games that take gold it takes me to that...
  8. if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...

in XBoX on Consoles
    if two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can i sign into the account that has...: two accounts are sharing xbox game pass ultimate can a third account sign into the subscribed account to use it ea55d237-1487-43c0-9c02-7c9ff770a0dc
  9. Game dvr won't share my clip.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game dvr won't share my clip.: Hello, i have a huge problem, with the xbox app on win 10. In game dvr, when i try to load my clip, from (pc) to (xbox live). Logically, there is a dialog box that opens, asking me what game it...
  10. Game sharing won't share after update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game sharing won't share after update: After the most recent xbox preview dashboard update i can no longer share my games on console 2 with gamertag 2. I was on the phone with support for hours removing licenses off my console because...